Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's with me, close m1 slip j3 PERMANENTLY

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

http://myswords.ie/2012/01/23/construction-of-third-lane-on-m1-motorway-to-begin-this-week/

10 months roadworks due to start this week.
    Hopefully it wont effect traffic too much over the coming months but Im delighted to see the work beginning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Has anyone had a look at the design of the Lissenhall roundabout?

Basically there will be a separate slip for Donabate - M1 south traffic. A new bit of road which will cut across the roundabout for traffic from M1 south to swords.

But

Donabate to Swords traffic will still cross Lusk,Rush and Skerries traffic bound for the M1 south which is the largest traffic stream and the delays can be serious in the morning.

Would it not be better for Donabate to Swords traffic to travel via Turvey? Anyone from Donabate have a view?

The junction works well in the evening - i've never been delayed seriously but in the morning the current and planned setup in a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Madpaddy79

Another collision here today I hear.

• Advertisement

And again this evening, another bump!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Bumping this thread each time you hear of an incident adds nothing to this thread. Unless you have something new to bring to the discussion - do not bump it again. Next time it gets a pointless bump it will be locked.

tHB

Its very relevant. Once the shiny new lane is finished, the accidents will continue, and if not highlighted now they will irrelevant later! Can't win with you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Bumping this thread each time you hear of an incident adds nothing to this thread. Unless you have something new to bring to the discussion - do not bump it again. Next time it gets a pointless bump it will be locked.

tHB

:eek: I think Madpaddy is right to highlight each time there is an incident here it just shows how bad the planning was on the ending of the third lane & the proximity of it ending to this junction after phase 1 of the M1 upgrade.
    Madpaddy79 wrote: »
    Its very relevant. Once the shiny new lane is finished, the accidents will continue, and if not highlighted now they will irrelevant later! Can't win with you!!

I don't believe the accidents will continue once the third lane upgrade is completed to Junction 4 Lissenhall.

There will be a proper lane drop at this junction and this should sort out the problem in a similar way to the lane drop on the M50 @ Junction 14 , where you rarely hear of any incidents occurring.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

celticbest wrote: »
    I don't believe the accidents will continue once the third lane upgrade is completed to Junction 4 Lissenhall.

There will be a proper lane drop at this junction and this should sort out the problem in a similar way to the lane drop on the M50 @ Junction 14 , where you rarely hear of any incidents occurring.

Well i hope the accidents dont just move down the road to the new lane drop at JCT 14.

• Advertisement

Kumsheen wrote: »
    Well i hope the accidents dont just move down the road to the new lane drop at JCT 14.

The lane drop has been in place @ Junction 14 for the past few years and there have been very few if any incidents that I can recall.

Madpaddy79 wrote:
    You don't get it. This forum is for discussing local matters - it is not an 'accident log'.
    celticbest wrote: »
    :eek: I think Madpaddy is right to highlight each time there is an incident here it just shows how bad the planning was on the ending of the third lane & the proximity of it ending to this junction after phase 1 of the M1 upgrade.
    Just by posting "Another collision here today I hear" or "And again this evening, another bump!!" adds nothing to the discussion - it is a bump pure & simple.

Like I say - this thread is not an accident log. Discuss the topic without bumping it.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ants09

There is nothing wrong with that junction, what is wrong is drivers behaviour, i wonder would it be grand to close every junction on a motorway because of bad driver behaviour etc

You don't get it. This forum is for discussing local matters - it is not an 'accident log'.

Just by posting "Another collision here today I hear" or "And again this evening, another bump!!" adds nothing to the discussion - it is a bump pure & simple.

Like I say - this thread is not an accident log. Discuss the topic without bumping it.

tHB

Can you move it to the roads forum then were it would be relevant......

It is not the topic that is irrelevant - it is the bumpage.

tHB

It is not the topic that is irrelevant - it is the bumpage.

tHB

:confused: It has everything to do with the discussion, some people think this junction should be closed (not me) & this is a way for them to highlight the regularity of crashes around this junction & to try and back up there case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Madpaddy79 wrote: »
    North bound j3 slip road into airside should be closed permanently. It is a danger, even more so now with the third lane, drivers trying to make exit last second. It was never part of the original m1 and it's so close to airport exit. How many thousands of people does it affect when there are rush hour crashes like today. Swords already has an exit further along. North county Dubliners it's in your interest to see it closed for safety. Start lobbing your locals td's / councillors. Why was it put there in the first place, a question that really needs anwsering!

So should the exit from M50 to M1 Northbound be closed too?
    The amount of cars that stay in the Overtaking lane until the last second and then move into the slip road is crazy.
    The same can be said for the M1 south to M50 slip
    There is nothing wrong with the sliproad its the behaviour of drivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

I've used the J3 off-slip a couple of times and can't see anything wrong with it - as this map shows, there's unlikely to be much queuing on the slip as its terminal roundabout is merely a speed control measure with virtually no conflicting traffic stream - how many motorists from the R125 (the only other entry to the roundabout) would be using anything other than the first exit to access the M1 South - I can't envisage too many u-turns there.

Regards!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've deleted a few posts that are not contributing to the discussion. Please keep to the underlying topic, and don't start challenging posters who may simply be re-iterating points already made by other posters in the thread.

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

how many motorists from the R125 (the only other entry to the roundabout) would be using anything other than the first exit to access the M1 South - I can't envisage too many u-turns there.

Regards!

there's a few but mot many as you've said.

I use this exeit every day both during and not during rush hour and have never seen an accident in the 5 years i've used it. any near misses are from idiots that dont know how to drove, these same idiots would behave the same at any junction.

the only real issue is at the top if the exit when you hit the roundabout a large number of drivers fail to recognise that its a 2 lane roundabout and cut straight across it, that said its the same at both of the roundabouts on the R125, the one at the entrance to holywall is pretty bad for people ignoring lane discipline they enter teh roundabout from teh outside lane, come acrose the roundabout on teh inside lane and exit on the outside lane again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement