Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Leixlip to the City Centre

Options
  • 07-12-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a Christmas party Friday the 16th in Leixlip. I am just trying to figure out our transport home for myself and a friend.
    I need to get from Leixlip to the city centre using public transport.
    A taxi is an option but i think it would cost over €50!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Last train Leixlip (Confey) to Bublin Connolly is 21:15.

Last bus seems to be 23:15 from **Maynooth**.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/66/

Taxi: http://maps.google.ie/maps?saddr=Main+St&daddr=Amiens+St&hl=en&ll=53.351781,-6.248474&spn=0.180338,0.617294&sll=53.351627,-6.24856&sspn=0.022542,0.077162&geocode=FbdELgMdn_mc_w%3BFUETLgMdP6Gg_w&vpsrc=6&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=14&t=m&z=11 17.8km

On the meter:
    Hire including first km €4.10 = €4.10
    Next 14km @ €1.03 per km = €14.42
    Next 2.8km @ €1.35 per km = €5.13
    Call out charge €2.00
    Total €23.65 + extra passengers, unsociable hours, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

A taxi from the City Centre to Maynooth is about €40-45 late at night. Leixlip town is about 10km nearer than Maynooth. So €25-30 is probably about right.

Problem is actually getting a taxi. You'll find it hard to hail one. So you'll stuck using a local hackney company. Make sure you get a quote from them before getting in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

We probably wouldn't make the 66 bus but i'm still going to print the timetable just in case!
    Thanks guys, that info was really helpfull, i will look up some hackney companies tomorrow and fingers crossed it comes in under €30:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

The amount of plated cabs that trawl Leixlip main street on any weekend night is ridiculous.

You will have no problem getting a guy with a meter to run you home.

I got a cab from Doyles, on the corner of College green to Leixlip last weekend for me and my girlfriend, €35

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Just a little update. We had a great night at the party. We were too late to get the bus so the hotel called a taxi for us. It cost a little less than €30 for the 2 of us.
    Thanks to everyone for your earlier responses, ye were all right! Merry Christmas to all:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement