Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what vetgetable will grow outside and what inside the polytunnel?

Options
  • 07-12-2011 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello!

I bought a small polytunnel (4 x 2 meter) for my vetgetable garden which I would like to start next year.

I'am new in Ireland and have no ideas what I can grow outside of the tunnel and what would be better inside.

As my tunnel is not big I ' d like to plant as much as possible outside to safe the space inside for those plants which would not grow outside :)

Hope you could give me some advice (I am in the Cork area - just that you know the weather conditiones :) )

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Definitely get yourself a copy of 'Vegetables for The Irish Garden' by Klaus Laitenberger, it's great and in nearly every bookshop. Everyone I know who grows vegetables has it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 felis

Thank you I just found the book at amazon and ordered it...... that was a good hint!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

+1 on Klaus book - also, I'm not in cork area but suggest you go to your local farmers market and get chatting to the guy on the veg stall! I have got some really good (local) advice from these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Micheal GIY

You already have a good start with Klaus' book (good advice there Bootsy). Another helpful book for your situation would be The Polytunnel Book by Joyce Russell, and as Joyce lives in West Cork then you can be sure that this will be relevant advice. More good advice from Muckety on the farmers markets, and these are quite strong in Cork. Another source of local advice would be your local GIY group, where people come together to share advice on growing (see the GIY Ireland website for details - also a good source of growing advice).

Advertisement