Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase the temperature in a T90si electric shower?

• 07-12-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Our rental has a Triton T90 si, we have the pressure (two red lines marker) and the temperature (past 10) maxed out, but the water is not hot enough. It's body temperature at best. As someone who like a hot shower and hates the cold, I'm starting to hate taking a shower!

My dh is pretty handy with electrical stuff, but I need to know first is there a way to make this unit hotter? Maybe turn up a temperature gauge inside or something? Whack it with a stick???

Please help! If this keeps up I'll be using the kettle and a sponge on a stick. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The dial with two red lines is the power setting for the heating element, the dial numbered 1-10 controls the temperature by controlling the flow of water through the heater. Slowing the flow (hence reducing spray pressure) gives the water more time to heat up whereas increasing the flow gives the water less time.
    There is no internal adjustment.

Long shot answer:
    Does the temperature dial go back to the lowest setting when you turn it, if it stops well short it could mean the cover was taken off at some stage and the dial not aligned properly.

Likely answer:
    As you have the power setting and the temp settings at max it sounds like the heating element is knackered. The thermal cut-out sensor could be faulty but that usually causes the shower to cycle between scalding hot over-heating and cutting off the heat completely in a matter of seconds.

(Since you're renting, make it your landlord's problem :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jamerican

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Likely answer:
    As you have the power setting and the temp settings at max it sounds like the heating element is knackered. The thermal cut-out sensor could be faulty but that usually causes the shower to cycle between scalding hot over-heating and cutting off the heat completely in a matter of seconds.

(Since you're renting, make it your landlord's problem :D )

Thanks for your help! Months later LL finally ordered the right part and it's fixed. Pressure is better and now have scalding hot water... heaven! It was the Thermal Cut out unit. It was burnt out and not even grounded!

DH got it fixed and used this forum/thread as a guide to diagnose in case anyone else has the same issue:

http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=249612

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

sounds like only half of the element is working and the other side is knackered.

one way to check this out is to see if there is continunity between the elements with a multi-meter.

If there is no continunity between one of the elements well its either a new shower or a new heater tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The filter may need to be cleaned on the shower. Most common reason for poor pressure or temperature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hey..sorry for Hijacking this

My T90Si is too hot, i.e the water is scorching

I have turned it down and its warm...

Is there a thermostat or regulator broken that can be replaced?

Cheers

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
Advertisement