Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

downloading pdf to kindle

• 07-12-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

I've been happily using my 3g kindle for months downloading from Amazon.....for the first time I have a pdf I need to download. I have managed to send it to my amazon account and it has arrived in the "personal doucments" folder. I clicked on "actions" and "deliver to my account" and it says "sending" and then "this item has been sent to....". In my kindle it says I have a personal document waiting to be delivered....but I need to enable wifi connectivity on my kindle device.....I don't understand this as my 3g signal is strong. However I have tried to connect to my laptop (which is connected to ready to go) but the document has still not downloaded. Once I connect to the laptop the message is "usb drive mode" and I cannot execute any commands on the kindle or go in to wireless or anything else.

Help please - have reached the limits of my competence...........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Have you tried just downloading the PDF file to your laptop/PC, connecting your Kindle directly to your laptop/PC, mounting it as a USB drive and transferring the PDF file into your 'Documents' folder on the Kindle? It should show up when you disconnect the cable.

Alternatively, you could try converting the PDF to .mobi format with Calibre or Mobipocket but PDF's don't normally convert very well.

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Have you tried just downloading the PDF file to your laptop/PC, connecting your Kindle directly to your laptop/PC, mounting it as a USB drive and transferring the PDF file into your 'Documents' folder on the Kindle? It should show up when you disconnect the cable.

Alternatively, you could try converting the PDF to .mobi format with Calibre or Mobipocket but PDF's don't normally convert very well.

text only pdfs convert fine. ones with pictures and particularly tables and diagrams don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

It eventually downloaded though I don't know how - its not very legible but it'll do. I won't be rushing to do this again.

Advertisement