Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain Seo friendly

Options
  • 07-12-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

I'm looking for free software that can tell me how Seo friendly certain domains are.

I have a number of domains, but I'm unsure which ones to develop.

All advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Speculator wrote: »
    I'm looking for free software that can tell me how Seo friendly certain domains are.

I have a number of domains, but I'm unsure which ones to develop.

All advice appreciated.
    Well Google Trends might show which domain terms are popular but when it comes to development, generic domains, unless they are targeted at a global market don't tend to work well. It has something to do with how people remember things. With a ccTLD like .ie, people don't have to remember the extension, as they would with .com or .net and focus on the left of the dot. As for SEO, it would really apply to developed website rather than undeveloped domains. If the domains or a small set of them are focused on a particular theme, there is nothing to stop you choosing the best and pointing the rest of them to that domain/url using 301 redirects.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I would suggest setting up a handful of sites and getting traffic and conversions. You can then cherry pick the more successful of them, to use as demonstrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I think you have the wrong terminology ..

Seo friendly meaning H1 tags etc ?? To judge what Onsite seo tweaks you can do to make it more google search friendly ??

Or you mean traffic wise so you can develop them into cash machines ??

First free trial tool is Internet Business Promotor
    Second one would be market samurai my friend

have fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ket

SEO friendly web site does not mean that count of keywords density, H1, H2 tags checking, etc. There are many thing which defines the site is seo friendly or not. So by a software not possible to analyze this. You have to check manually, like the url structure, means inner url must not like dynamic, if have you have to rewrite or redirect into keywords related url. Second one is you have to put seo friendly content, select proper keywords for proper pages etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Lets put things in perspective - a domain that's "seo friendly" but for what! One domain isn't necessarily 'better' than the other.
    There is not point in having an seo friendly domain of motorparts.com is you are selling wooden toys - is there!
    People get hung up on domain names, yes, is better if they are associated with your product either actually or semantically - but it doesn't stop there. Structure, content (and i'll say that again - content), usability, page loads speeds, mark up yada yada - seo friendly domains are only the beginning and dont get hung up on them too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

IRE60 wrote: »
    Lets put things in perspective - a domain that's "seo friendly" but for what! One domain isn't necessarily 'better' than the other.
    There is not point in having an seo friendly domain of motorparts.com is you are selling wooden toys - is there!
    People get hung up on domain names, yes, is better if they are associated with your product either actually or semantically - but it doesn't stop there. Structure, content (and i'll say that again - content), usability, page loads speeds, mark up yada yada - seo friendly domains are only the beginning and dont get hung up on them too much.

Agreed, a domain name is only as "seo friendly" as the rest of the site lets it be.

I think the OP should really be looking at keyword research in conjunction with the domain name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

IRE60 wrote: »

I totally agree. I have a website that gets close to 1/4 million unique visitors per month and the domain name is a variation of my most popular key-phrase but it certainly is not THE key-phrase.

Think about it:

Orange.com = mobile phone company, nothing to do with round orange fruit!
    Apple.com = IT company, nothing to do with round green fruit.

Good content is THE key. I know, because I've written an eBook about it and have spent 3 years building my site up with unique content. The domain name is but a small part of the big SEO picture.

If we all tried to use SEO friendly domain names we'd end up buying every new TLD that was released and you'd go broke anyway! Buy a domain name that means something to your business and then concentrate on the unique content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

jasonjason wrote: »
    This is the best description I have ever seen. I think rather than searching for a domain you have to focus on the content of the website. This will help to get better results than any other thing.
    Moreover, Google insights help to find out the most searched terms for your website.

Thanks, it was probably overly simplistic but the point I hope I got across was that a domain name alone does not make for a great website.

An easy to remember domain name is a plus point, but losing sleep because your chosen key-phrase has already been used is not good.

Don't forget to create SEO URL's for your web pages, that's a good way to introduce your key-phrases to Google.

www.google.com/keyphrase-goes-here.htm << is a simple but good example.

As mentioned above use Google Insights for Search to research what your potential customers are searching online for, check out seasonal trends and geographical differences. A very useful free tool from Google.

Advertisement