Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catalog Building Software

Options
  • 07-12-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Does anyone know of a good free/cheap catalog building software? I am trying to get my business started and I want to make a catalog for printing? however I am finding it difficult in finding a reliable one that doesnt cost the world! Any suggestions welcome. Even something to create it as a PDF format would suit just fine. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Don't think you'll find a free one. For all my print work I use Scribus which is open-source and free http://www.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus.

It's not bad but a bit clunky. But I have had years of experience with the paid-for professional DTP software before tackling Scribus.

As for professional catalogue software then Meadows Info http://www.meadowsps.com/site/main/home.htm used to be the industry standard although there are probably loads more out there now.

You might be better trying to locate a professional designer who also has catalogue specific software. This won't be easy but you might get round it by buying the software for the designer to use. Or talk to a printer who also offers a design service. Whichever way you do this there is no cheap solution I'm afraid but paying for a professional looking product may pay dividends in the short-to-medium term.

PM me if you want more info on cheap printers in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Les56

Thanks a million for the info!
    I'll definitely check out scribus.

I know a designer I can ask, hopefully wont be too expensive.

I can see what you mean, have to spend money to make money.
    It will be worth investing in software as I plan on changing them as I hopefully expand and get more products in. And if I get decent software now, I can save on cost later.

Thank you again for all your help and information.
    All the programs I found were terrible.
    And I thought I'd never find anything useable.
    Once again, thank you,

Les

Advertisement