Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Flap for Kennel

• 07-12-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am trying to source a flap for my dog's kennel. Something like this would be perfect: http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_houses_flaps/dog_houses/natura/129922.

However, none of the flaps i see online are big enough and i can't see any in any of the pet shops i've been too.

I'm looking for one approximately 72cm by 42cm (l x w).

Would greatly appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Have a search for it on ebay :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

boxerly wrote: »
    Have a search for it on ebay :) x

Tried that. No joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Vince32

Mate, Take one large sheet of thick plastic, cut it into 3 equal width strips, nail or staple the sheets to the outside of the entrance, overlap them by 2 inches at the top, remove 5-6 1" squares for ventilation.

Average cost €2.00

Take a pic of your work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slattsteen

Vince32 wrote: »
    Mate, Take one large sheet of thick plastic, cut it into 3 equal width strips, nail or staple the sheets to the outside of the entrance, overlap them by 2 inches at the top, remove 5-6 1" squares for ventilation.

Average cost €2.00

Take a pic of your work :)

Where would one get a sheet of thick plastic? it must be flexible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Try Amazon. We bought a really big wooden outdoor cat house from Lindee lu on Amazon last year. We got around mental delivery charges by opening a parcel motel account.

• Advertisement

Try Amazon. We bought a really big wooden outdoor cat house from Lindee lu on Amazon last year. We got around mental delivery charges by opening a parcel motel account.

sorry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

slattsteen wrote: »
    sorry?

If you open a Parcel Motel account you can use their address in the North to have your parcel sent to. They then redirect it to your nearest local Parcel Motel and it costs less than 4 euro for each delivery. Some online retailers won't ship to Southern Ireland and I've often found that on Amazon some retailers want ridiculously high delivery charges to ship to Ireland. We've saved a lot of money using the Parcel Motel rather than our own address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭Wossack

could try a big door mat?

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/door-mats/chesnut-grove-washable-door-mat-grey/invt/057451

doubt you'd get it to stay with just a staplegun etc, so would need to put a wooden batten on the top edge, and run some screws through it. Perhaps another batten on inside of frame to take the screws, depending on how thick the wood is

material side on the inside, so it doesnt get too soggy from rain etc

Wossack wrote: »
    could try a big door mat?

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/door-mats/chesnut-grove-washable-door-mat-grey/invt/057451

doubt you'd get it to stay with just a staplegun etc, so would need to put a wooden batten on the top edge, and run some screws through it. Perhaps another batten on inside of frame to take the screws, depending on how thick the wood is

material side on the inside, so it doesnt get too soggy from rain etc

ahhhh, now i understand, very good info there for future use, ya ive often had problems with shipping to the ROI, thanks for that

Advertisement