Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Just some tips, manage the size of your images. The background image is over 100k, and it's pretty much one color. You could just use a background-color:#ABABAB instead! If you need some "noise" in the image, reduce the image size anyway by limiting the width to 50x50 and it will tile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I think the logo really brings down the look of the site.

Can you change it to a png with a transparent background so it doesn't look so out of place?? You've a nice gradient going on, why would you hide it?? :)
    Same about the please log in/ register box. Just interrupts the flow a little i think!
    The i agree button on the registration agreement page is a bit hard to read- can you make the text white?
    On clicking the button I get the following error:
    MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
        Catchable Fatal Error (4096)
    Error Message:
        Object of class captcha could not be converted to string
        Line: 44
    Backtrace:
        File 	Line 	Function
        /inc/class_error.php 	206 	errorHandler->output_error
        /member.php(741) : eval()'d code 	44 	errorHandler->error
        /member.php 	741 	eval

Just a personal thing- the help documents are very small, 5 lines or so each. It seems like a waste to have a new page for those few line. Maybe a collapsible div?? see here. Anyways that's not important.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭forsaleireland

I think the logo really brings down the look of the site.

Can you change it to a png with a transparent background so it doesn't look so out of place?? You've a nice gradient going on, why would you hide it?? :)
    Same about the please log in/ register box. Just interrupts the flow a little i think!
    The i agree button on the registration agreement page is a bit hard to read- can you make the text white?
    On clicking the button I get the following error:
    MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
        Catchable Fatal Error (4096)
    Error Message:
        Object of class captcha could not be converted to string
        Line: 44
    Backtrace:
        File     Line     Function
        /inc/class_error.php     206     errorHandler->output_error
        /member.php(741) : eval()'d code     44     errorHandler->error
        /member.php     741     eval

Just a personal thing- the help documents are very small, 5 lines or so each. It seems like a waste to have a new page for those few line. Maybe a collapsible div?? see here. Anyways that's not important.

"Can you change it to a png with a transparent background so it doesn't look so out of place?? You've a nice gradient going on, why would you hide it??"

what theme do you see as a guest??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

"Can you change it to a png with a transparent background so it doesn't look so out of place?? You've a nice gradient going on, why would you hide it??"

what theme do you see as a guest??

2f0849j.png

See the way there's a light blue box around the logo?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

looks like a css img issue. sometimes browsers put that blue around images.

You need to set the img background to transparent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭forsaleireland

k cheers

Advertisement