Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House broke into, Lismore Lawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

It's the Waterford City forum,Kilkenny breakins should be on the Kilkenny forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I'm not the only person that mentioned the bridge. Does it even matter who mentioned the bridge? What has that got to do with anything?

I believe the point of this thread is to highlight the high rate of break ins recently.

Dont mind them they're only winding you up sure. Plenty of places out around ballymountain robbed aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

marlin vs wrote: »
    It's the Waterford City forum,Kilkenny breakins should be on the Kilkenny forum.

I see.
    seanybiker wrote: »
    Dont mind them they're only winding you up sure. Plenty of places out around ballymountain robbed aswell.

Kind of figured that out Seany tongue.gif

Yeah heard that myself. Anytime one of the dogs bark we're out on high alert here rolleyes.gif

Yeah heard that myself. Anytime one of the dogs bark we're out on high alert here rolleyes.gif

Me poor sister got cameras and all installed, she got herself a dog aswell to keep people on their toes. Luckily I play sports with my little dog so have a baseball bat etc lying around the house :P:P Full leathers and walk around hillview haha. i need a simpson helmet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Me poor sister got cameras and all installed, she got herself a dog aswell to keep people on their toes. Luckily I play sports with my little dog so have a baseball bat etc lying around the house :P:P Full leathers and walk around hillview haha. i need a simpson helmet.

That would be breaking the law Mr. Biker lol :P

Yeah the small dog is a noisy one, if he sees/hears anything he starts yapping and the big dog would scare off any intruders.

Not saying there's any ideal time of the year to be robbed but coming up to Christmas would just be awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

You'r a frightening sight walking around in those leathers Seany,are you back on the bike yet?

marlin vs wrote: »
    You'r a frightening sight walking around in those leathers Seany,are you back on the bike yet?

haha I am in me cap. Only started wearing the waistcoat lately, thats the only leathers. I can apply for bike in feb so will see what happens then.
    Wrecking me bulb now that you know me and I dont know you. Gonna say hello to everyone in ronemore next time Im up.

Pixie, my little dog be useless, he just sits on peoples toes looking for warmth then starts licking his lipstick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Just Listening to the WLR, can't believe the number of thieves out there. One unlucky lad had his laptop taking when he was having a fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Just Listening to the WLR, can't believe the number of thieves out there. One unlucky lad had his laptop taking when he was having a fit.

thats fecking sad, some load a scumbags around,
    i hope when he plug in the laptop that it blows up in the fcukers face and burn the eyes out of the cnut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

the question has to be asked!!! what the fook are the gardai up to that there letting the robberies escalate??? exactly nothing!!!! down hanging around topaz the manor at four in the morning having a little mothers meeting over a cuppa tay and a donut!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I got weapons in my house but no excuses if I have to use them at the end of the day, getting arrested for battering a robber is better than your family picking out your coffin.

the question has to be asked!!! what the fook are the gardai up to that there letting the robberies escalate??? exactly nothing!!!! down hanging around topaz the manor at four in the morning having a little mothers meeting over a cuppa tay and a donut!!!!

The amount of times I have seen the guards ignore assaults where I live is unreal, but things never change no one will get fired and things just stay the same. Even though I do think Waterford when all is said is one of the safest places to live in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

deisedave wrote: »
    Waterford when all is said is one of the safest places to live in Waterford.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The guards in this town are scared of most of the people involved in these robberies. How often have we heard them say "oh we know who did it"...

The guards in this town are scared of most of the people involved in these robberies. How often have we heard them say "oh we know who did it"...
    burden of proof sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lusty_Lips

haha ill start rambling about tipp so :)

gobo99 wrote: »
    :pac:

Stupid mistake by me lol I meant Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Perhaps we need to get the city council to install some of these kerbs around the city

387210_216119851797810_195414513868344_452722_753070719_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

We definatly need some of those kerbs!!

My colleague was held up with a knife lastnight, you probably heard it on wlr, serious scumbags around this town lately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Unreal whats going on at the moment, heard it this morning ok, also heard the lady on yesterday morning whose house was broken into in Ferrybank. She was really shook up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cherrymount and St Johns Park the lastest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I've spoken to people before about this because there is a lot of confusion out there about the law regarding defending your house or your property.

I'm not a solicitor but as far as I understand, if someone breaks into your house or trespasses on your property, you are allowed to use reasonable force to defend yourself, your family, friends and property. What is reasonable depends on the circumstances.

A lot of people think that if they attack a burglar in their own home, they will go to jail, that is not the case. If someone breaks into your house and you attack them, there is not a court in the land that will convict you.

In the DPP v Barnes case, the judge said that you do not need to retreat if you come face to face with a burglar in your home, you can stand your ground and that cannot be used against you. In the Nally case, the home owner shot the burglar as he walked away from the property. Nally was acquitted on appeal.

I think it's terrible that people out there feel that they are powerless to defend their own home. That is not the case!
    If a kid steps foot on your garden to retrieve a football, that is 1 thing, but a burglar breaking into your home who potentially has a dangerous weapon (again something that will be in your favour should you end up being charged for assaulting/killing an intruder - the uncertainty of whether he/she was armed with a weapon) is a different kettle of fish.

3 things I believe would ensure you would not be punished if you were to attack or even kill a burglar in your own home:
    (i) The law allows reasonable force to defend your home and family
    (ii) The jury in any case will be composed of ordinary men and women who will certainly understand your point of view, that is if a charge is brought.
    (iii) There would be a huge public outcry if someone was put in jail for defending themselves. This would cause other people to become even more reluctant to stand up for themselves in their own home and for all their flaws, the judiciary is aware of things like this.

My advice, someone comes into your house, make sure they won't be in a position to enter someone else's afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

I've taken the axe from the shed & its resting nest to my bed
    along with my baseball bat! Bring 'em on.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Perhaps we need to get the city council to install some of these kerbs around the city

387210_216119851797810_195414513868344_452722_753070719_n.jpg

poor fella :D i wonder did the marines help him to his feet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Evelynmc

My mums house was done in ferrybank roughly a month ago... the guy went around the side of the house, in the back door while my mum and brother were in the sitting room. My brother was going into the kitchen to put rubbish in the bin and there was your man just standin there with his hands in my mums handbag. He tore off and my brother tore after him to try get the bag, the robber stopped running, came back to my brother and went to hit him..

This is how cheeky they are, they will stroll in even when you are in the next room... I could not believe it.

When she called the gardai all they could say was "Oh shor it will be happening alot now this time of year" ... which as pretty much all they did...........didnt even look for prints

Did your brother give the borrox a few slaps? Please tell me he kicked him from one end of the street to the other

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Evelynmc

You will be pleased to know he got a slap on him with a small wooden lat :) the only good outcome from it >_>

Evelynmc wrote: »
    You will be pleased to know he got a slap on him with a small wooden lat :) the only good outcome from it >_>
    Excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

As far as I can make out, the guards are half the problem.They know who the feckers are but do nothing about it for various reasons(scared, know nothing will come from it or just laziness). The scum know this only too well and know they can and will get away with it. Being honest I don't know how the whole situation can be resolved. From my experience kicking the **** out of em doesn't deter them too much. Guaranteed they won't go back to your place or if they're from a certain ethnicity they'll keep coming back and make life hell for you. I don't know if petitioning some one further up the chain (guards)would do any good or getting on to local politicians to put pressure on the guards to do their job.Either way the current situation could be easily resolved by a determined and aggressive form of policing and better interaction in the community. If it works in other countries I don't see why it can't work here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

My mam told me that someone she knows had her house broke into recently, they even kicked the tripe out of the poor woman's little dog. Some scum - It's about time someone sorts them out.

Advertisement