Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House broke into, Lismore Lawn

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dlofnep wrote: »
    My mam told me that someone she knows had her house broke into recently, they even kicked the tripe out of the poor woman's little dog. Some scum - It's about time someone sorts them out.
    In hillview?
    Some scummy bastards to kick the dog aswell.
    This must be the worse its been in years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

My mam told me that someone she knows had her house broke into recently, they even kicked the tripe out of the poor woman's little dog. Some scum - It's about time someone sorts them out.

I wonder if it was the other way around and a dog attacked and seriously injured a robber would the dog be put down ??? Id hope not but I do hope these scum get what's coming to them soon my poor mother is terrified of every knock on her door and will not answer as she lives alone. If I ever get a phone call of someone breaking in I will be bringing a weapon down with me as all these scum are carrying weapons too. Only the other week my mother had 2 fellas knocking on her door and window for 10 min by time I got down (no weapon this time) they were gone. Makes me wonder if she opened door what would of happened. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Someone tried to break into my house about 3 weeks ago in Portlaw! Unfortunately they didn't realise that our dog (a boxer/rottweiler cross) was much angrier than he looked. The retard tried to get a hurley out of his car (parked outside.. like how obvious?) and hit the dog and then the dog pounced on him and literally chased him down the road leaving his car behind and all until he had the balls to come back for it. Shame I left the dog outside waiting by the car for him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

was told at work today a 35yr old was arrested in johns park for the axe weilding robberies around johns park!! sorry no link

was told at work today a 35yr old was arrested in johns park for the axe weilding robberies around johns park!! sorry no link
    great news

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

seanybiker wrote: »
    In hillview?

Not sure where - she didn't say. Dog was only tiny. I wouldn't worry so much if someone stole something, but if someone hurt my dog - I'd find them and stab them without hesitation.

Ye I heard it on news I taught it was 25yr old I may be wrong but he being questioned over a few robberys in recent days, plus another man robbed a shop at Lombard St last night armed with a syringe. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

should tie these scum to the bullpost on ballybricken and let everybody whos house was burgled in the past few weeks give them a kick in the bollox.
    id pay to see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

In hillview?

Think that may the woman who was on WLR the other day, sure she lives in Ferrybank.

jo06555 wrote: »
    Ye I heard it on news I taught it was 25yr old I may be wrong but he being questioned over a few robberys in recent days, plus another man robbed a shop at Lombard St last night armed with a syringe. :(
    obviously twas o neills?? ****in scum i tells ya

• Advertisement

should tie these scum to the bullpost on ballybricken and let everybody whos house was burgled in the past few weeks give them a kick in the bollox.
    id pay to see that.
    very good idea, or bring back the old stocks and let people throw rotten food at em as well as your idea lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

With all this going on and people terrified in their own homes, worried about their relatives who live alone etc, the government robbing every last penny off us it wont be long before the ordinary decent people rebel big time. There will be a revolution. :eek: (hopefully)

With all this going on and people terrified in their own homes, worried about their relatives who live alone etc, the government robbing every last penny off us it wont be long before the ordinary decent people rebel big time. There will be a revolution. :eek: (hopefully)
    i,m with ya on this one, there,s only so much poop that a person can take from being robbed in all directions!!! if we were french we,d be blockading ports and airports

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Me poor sister got cameras and all installed, she got herself a dog aswell to keep people on their toes. Luckily I play sports with my little dog so have a baseball bat etc lying around the house :P:P Full leathers and walk around hillview haha. i need a simpson helmet.

Seany bai, drive a few long nails through the bat and it'll be like a weapon from Thunderdome! Two men enter, one man leaves.....

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

id pay to see that.

I'd pay to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

According to WLR he was released without charge and file is being sent to the DPP.
    Anyone got the name of this prick?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

it's not just houses apparently, heard that a woman was at a parent teacher meeting last week and left the room without her handbag,
    the next parent due in the room robbed the bag and hit it under her coat.

it's caught on cctv but nothing could be done becasue the guards could'nt actually Prove it. But it's plainly ovbious!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

I would like to apoligise to Cococoady he is an upstanding member of the community and loved very much by all his friends for his charming humour. So Im sorry COCO I love u very much .

seems like nothing is safe eh!!! tie down everything people!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭sonyvision

tie down every thing is an understatement.

People need to nail every thing to the ground !!

• Advertisement

sonyvision wrote: »
    tie down every thing is an understatement.

People need to nail every thing to the ground !!

Nail the thief's to the ground sounds good too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Dan133269 wrote: »
    I've spoken to people before about this because there is a lot of confusion out there about the law regarding defending your house or your property.

I'm not a solicitor but as far as I understand, if someone breaks into your house or trespasses on your property, you are allowed to use reasonable force to defend yourself, your family, friends and property. What is reasonable depends on the circumstances.

A lot of people think that if they attack a burglar in their own home, they will go to jail, that is not the case. If someone breaks into your house and you attack them, there is not a court in the land that will convict you.

In the DPP v Barnes case, the judge said that you do not need to retreat if you come face to face with a burglar in your home, you can stand your ground and that cannot be used against you. In the Nally case, the home owner shot the burglar as he walked away from the property. Nally was acquitted on appeal.

I think it's terrible that people out there feel that they are powerless to defend their own home. That is not the case!
    If a kid steps foot on your garden to retrieve a football, that is 1 thing, but a burglar breaking into your home who potentially has a dangerous weapon (again something that will be in your favour should you end up being charged for assaulting/killing an intruder - the uncertainty of whether he/she was armed with a weapon) is a different kettle of fish.

3 things I believe would ensure you would not be punished if you were to attack or even kill a burglar in your own home:
    (i) The law allows reasonable force to defend your home and family
    (ii) The jury in any case will be composed of ordinary men and women who will certainly understand your point of view, that is if a charge is brought.
    (iii) There would be a huge public outcry if someone was put in jail for defending themselves. This would cause other people to become even more reluctant to stand up for themselves in their own home and for all their flaws, the judiciary is aware of things like this.

My advice, someone comes into your house, make sure they won't be in a position to enter someone else's afterwards.

That's good to know. I agree with (ii) if I were on a jury and someone was up for defending their home my sympathies would be with the home owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    Cherrymount and St Johns Park the lastest.

The POS was caught by the Gardai yesterday, charged with several robberies including a couple of shops.

Brothers house was broken into today. His first day in his new job and some bastards come along and rob the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Brothers house was broken into today. His first day in his new job and some bastards come along and rob the house.

Fcuk sake that's terrible!! Needless to say no one knows who done it.:mad:

Scum is all these people are!!

Dickheads. Where was this Seán?

Dickheads. Where was this Seán?
    Richardson's meadow I think its called. Just passed the shops in kilcohan. He had a loan of uncharted 3 belonging to me and they took that

****ing arseholes. My PS3 died yesterday - I got uncharted 3 for christmas, so you can take a lend of it until you clear it if you want. I won't be able to afford another PS3 for a few weeks.

****ing arseholes. My PS3 died yesterday - I got uncharted 3 for christmas, so you can take a lend of it until you clear it if you want. I won't be able to afford another PS3 for a few weeks.
    cheers bud. I have it cleared a while now. Well halfway through crushing on it and the multiplayer I was leveling up a good bit. Have it ordered again from littlewoods lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Just a quick note to say regarding your ps3, the disc drive went in mine about 3 weeks so went into GameStop to see what they could do......so basically they'll order one from Sony and I bring in my old one to them with €125 and get a new one.

Don't know why it has to be ordered from Sony instead of just taking one from behind the counter:confused:, it's probably whatever agreement they have with Sony. Any hope this helps somewhat!!

Advertisement