Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House broke into, Lismore Lawn

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Just a quick note to say regarding your ps3, the disc drive went in mine about 3 weeks so went into GameStop to see what they could do......so basically they'll order one from Sony and I bring in my old one to them with €125 and get a new one.

Don't know why it has to be ordered from Sony instead of just taking one from behind the counter:confused:, it's probably whatever agreement they have with Sony. Any hope this helps somewhat!!

Was yours under warranty? As I have mine about 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

A bit of good news. Mothers friend's house was broken into out in Lismore a few nights back. Woman immediately rang the Gardaí who turned up in no time and the scumbag was arrested with a knife.

Lovely jubbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    A bit of good news. Mothers friend's house was broken into out in Lismore a few nights back. Woman immediately rang the Gardaí who turned up in no time and the scumbag was arrested with a knife.

Lovely jubbly.

Carrying a knife.... shocking. Hopefully people aren't too emboldened by the recent clarification in the law about defending your property. If you run into a lunatic like this bringing a knife to a house robbery you could be in serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

dlofnep wrote: »
    Was yours under warranty? As I have mine about 4 years.

Sorry for the late reply, only saw this now!

No it wasn't under warranty, have it about 4 years if not more myself! Hope this helps!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Don't know why it has to be ordered from Sony instead of just taking one from behind the counter:confused:, it's probably whatever agreement they have with Sony.

OT: It gets exchanged for a refurb model, ie: a broken once, fixed now model. Usually comes in a plain cardboard box.

• Advertisement

OT: It gets exchanged for a refurb model, ie: a broken once, fixed now model. Usually comes in a plain cardboard box.

That's it!!:) i knew they explained something to me but I forgot:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

I'm not being discriminitory here but look out for a wine coloured
    taxi been drivin by a foreign national with a number of individuals
    in the rear. I've relayed this to HQ but I wasn't contacted about
    it. The reg' didn't register nor did the taxi have any distinguishing
    company on its plate.

I'm making a copy of this post so if it's deleted I'm taking it further!

I'm not being discriminitory here but look out for a wine coloured
    taxi been drivin by a foreign national with a number of individuals
    in the rear. I've relayed this to HQ but I wasn't contacted about
    it. The reg' didn't register nor did the taxi have any distinguishing
    company on its plate.

I'm making a copy of this post so if it's deleted I'm taking it further!

Is it a nissan primera by any chance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

The lads I stopped from robbing a van months ago had a dark coloured car that looked like a typical taxi/hackney.
    It was fair late in the night but it was a big car. Something like a almera/primera. New enough looking car. Looked well cared for (not what ya think scumbags be going around in) nearly got the head took off me tbh but sure feck it.

Can't be sure on it but I'll pm you the reg I took down.
    I think it may be wrong but have a look anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Marymoll

Might not be anything to do with the taxi story above,but just lettin ppl who read these pages , a friend of mine,lives out killmeaden way,got a taxi into work just after xmas (had left her car in town the nite before after she had a few drinks) she got to work and relised she'd left her locker keys at home ( uniform was in locker) so drove back home , when she got there,here was the taxi that collected her half an hour earlier !!!! me man inside,clearin her house out !!! she called cops but he'd sped off, she gave reg plate ect... ,they caught up with him,he actually denied it all,but they were able to get prints off her stuff.f**kin cheek of like , tryin to deny it :mad:

Was he a local if you get my drift?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Marymoll wrote: »
    Might not be anything to do with the taxi story above,but just lettin ppl who read these pages , a friend of mine,lives out killmeaden way,got a taxi into work just after xmas (had left her car in town the nite before after she had a few drinks) she got to work and relised she'd left her locker keys at home ( uniform was in locker) so drove back home , when she got there,here was the taxi that collected her half an hour earlier !!!! me man inside,clearin her house out !!! she called cops but he'd sped off, she gave reg plate ect... ,they caught up with him,he actually denied it all,but they were able to get prints off her stuff.f**kin cheek of like , tryin to deny it :mad:

OMG,:eek:

Lucky she forgot her key and lucky that she didn't get hurt.

Nope not local , far from it ! Seems like this is not uncomon either .

Nope not local , far from it ! Seems like this is not uncomon either .

Was is paddy Seamus adbul sal arif. :pac:

Ahhhh ha ha ha yep , that sounds like ur man alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

House in Rockenham, Ferrybank done yesterday about 6pm. Elderly couple

thomasm wrote: »
    House in Rockenham, Ferrybank done yesterday about 6pm. Elderly couple

Fook sake. The cnuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

I heard that exact same story a few weeks ago, except that the people in question apparantly got a taxi from woodstown into the theatre royal, only to discover they had forgotten tickets and went back to woodstown to get them, only to find the first taxi driver in their house, just like you said.
    My parents live in woodstown but no one in the area heard anything about it so maybe your story may have been altered chinese whispers esque around the town. Makes ya sick though. All these things going on in the city over the past few weeks and the only thing to make the news is the feckin baby jesus thing being robbed.

Friend of mine's brother (not in waterford) recently caught 2 lads out trying to steal their heating oil at 3am. One of them got away but they caught the other and discovered he was a local lad they knew well. Tied him up with cable ties and rang his parents telling them where they could find him if they wanted him. Thought it would be more effective than ringing the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

kkdela6 wrote: »
    I heard that exact same story a few weeks ago, except that the people in question apparantly got a taxi from woodstown into the theatre royal, only to discover they had forgotten tickets and went back to woodstown to get them, only to find the first taxi driver in their house, just like you said.
    My parents live in woodstown but no one in the area heard anything about it so maybe your story may have been altered chinese whispers esque around the town. Makes ya sick though. All these things going on in the city over the past few weeks and the only thing to make the news is the feckin baby jesus thing being robbed.

Friend of mine's brother (not in waterford) recently caught 2 lads out trying to steal their heating oil at 3am. One of them got away but they caught the other and discovered he was a local lad they knew well. Tied him up with cable ties and rang his parents telling them where they could find him if they wanted him. Thought it would be more effective than ringing the guards.

I heard the Woodstown story also...

Next week it will be Dunmore..

• Advertisement

Ah Brilliant,thats best way to deal with the likes of little ****es like that,hope the parents gave em what for :)
    TBH,I heard of a few stories of the taxi's going back to the house's , I did actually hear of it happening in woodstown or passage area ! didnt hear why the ppl went back to their house tho... , but the cops didnt look at all suprised when they heard the story,so must be a common enuf thing !!! crazy how it 'stays' out of the papers tho isnt it :confused:
    Think its time I got a nice big dog to mind me house for me :D

At 3:00am would you think the parents gave a fcuk?
    Should have rang the cops instead.
    Let them break the news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

In some rural communities mammy is a much bigger fear than the guards!

Advertisement