Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large photo frames (16"x20" or bigger)

Options
  • 07-12-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

I've been looking around for (five) reasonably nice photo frames that don't cost the earth, in a big enough size to hold a 12"x16" print with a bit of mount/border around the edge, so something like a 16"x20" frame size (or even a bit bigger). Plain black wooden edge would be ideal.

I see plenty online but delivery isn't realistically an option for something like this. Has anyone spotted anything in a bricks and mortar shop?

I've tried all the following (in Limerick) — Woodies/Atlantic Homecare/Heatons/Tesco/Dunnes/Debenhams/Easons. Lots of choice for 10"x8" and smaller, but not so much for the bigger sizes... :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

An Actual Camera/Photography shop??

Photography
    Forum, ask there.

Tesco do a 16x20 plain frame. Not sure if you can get it black (though I think you can!), but you can get it in beech effect and pine effect i'm sure (its a wooden frame).

Thing is, it's not advertised or sold as a 16x20 frame. There's a 4-aperture mount inside it, so you can put in 4 7x5" prints (and there's no mention of 16x20 anywhere on it). So you may need to bring a ruler or measuring tape with you, but I bought one before and it fit a 16x20 print just perfectly inside, so i was happy as larry. It was about €18 I think, at the time (about a year ago).

Oh, also, photoframes.ie usually have pretty sound prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Cheers KKV, I'll try them after I have a look again in Tesco.

Hal, there's not much by way of "proper" camera/photography shops in Limerick, and their prices are usually dire, bar the occasional clearance lines or manager's specials.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

One word....................

Ikea

• Advertisement
Advertisement