Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

People turn off their PvP flags on a PvP server? Pussies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

FTGFOP wrote: »
    Looking for a higher res version of a video on the Swtor website. Check out the thumbnails!

http://goo.gl/WbXzD

Google is really broken right now.

There's a good dark side ****ing light side joke in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

It's a trap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Total Halibut's interview with Stephen Reid (Rockjaw) from Bioware on the server queues, future server transfers, games future etc., really good interview, well worth a watch/listen.
    It's set to the background of 2 warzone games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Complete and utter noob to PC gaming lads, really struggling with the mouse/keyboard thing. Is there any way I can get SWTOR to play on a 360 control pad? I have one, the wired one, but I don't know how to work it :o

I know it's probably blasphemy to look to use it, go easy on me!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Complete and utter noob to PC gaming lads, really struggling with the mouse/keyboard thing. Is there any way I can get SWTOR to play on a 360 control pad? I have one, the wired one, but I don't know how to work it :o

I know it's probably blasphemy to look to use it, go easy on me!:P

No not a chance. You need access to far more buttons than a 360 can provide. It'd be like trying to play an XBox FPS game with an old NES controller.

nesf wrote: »
    No not a chance. You need access to far more buttons than a 360 can provide. It'd be like trying to play an XBox FPS game with an old NES controller.

Thanks man. At least tell me I'll get used to the keyboard?! Give me some hope! :P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Thanks man. At least tell me I'll get used to the keyboard?! Give me some hope! :P:pac:
    What bits are you having problems with?

Blowfish wrote: »
    What bits are you having problems with?

Interchanging between keyboard and mouse to pick stuff up, it takes me ages to get used to the buttons when I switch from one to the other and back. just general awkwardness I suppose. I'll get used to it I'm sure, I was just hoping the Xbox controller might work!

It sounds like you may be doing it slightly incorrectly.

Basically to move, use W for forward and (for the moment) ignore other movement keys on your keyboard. You then just hold down the right mouse button and move it left/right to turn your character. You don't really 'switch' between the keyboard/mouse as you are constantly using both.

Once you are used to that, the best thing to do is to remap A and D to strafe left and strafe right.

• Advertisement

Interchanging between keyboard and mouse to pick stuff up, it takes me ages to get used to the buttons when I switch from one to the other and back. just general awkwardness I suppose. I'll get used to it I'm sure, I was just hoping the Xbox controller might work!

One hand on keyboard, one hand on mouse at all times. Always.

You get used to it, after a few weeks playing (and using mouse turn not keyboard turn!) it'll feel like second nature. Remember how hard it was to play FPS games with an XBox controller at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Loving the game so far
    Only problem is whenever i try to close the game it freezes up..quite annoying
    This happening with anyone else?

Cheers lads, didn't know you could use the mouse to move the character. I'll give it a whirl. I'd a feeling it'd be a case of getting used to it. Thanks again.

Cheers lads, didn't know you could use the mouse to move the character. I'll give it a whirl. I'd a feeling it'd be a case of getting used to it. Thanks again.

Keyboard turning is bad m'kay: http://www.darklegacycomics.com/87.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Just went 40 - 0 in a warzone with no healer!!!

Nerf shadows :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Did anyone buy the lv40 speeder training?

I'm level 33 and have 300k credits.

Is it worth getting?

Is it worth getting?
    It's only an extra 10% speed increase on the level 20 one. Whether or not that's worth the cash is up to yourself.

The one other advantage it does have though is that unlike the level 20 one, you can take a few hits before you are dismounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

lvl 23 sith juggernaut, just left eh that warzone planet i shagged the mayor but the next planet i was sent to all my quests are light green hmmmm

Blowfish wrote: »

Is it worth getting?
    It's only an extra 10% speed increase on the level 20 one. Whether or not that's worth the cash is up to yourself.

The one other advantage it does have though is that unlike the level 20 one, you can take a few hits before you are dismounted.

Sold. That really annoys me especially on Taris

Arrgh!!

Just like WoW, groups of players attack the most guarded objective rather then got for the least guarded one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Arrgh!!

Just like WoW, groups of players attack the most guarded objective rather then got for the least guarded one.

Im finding the same in 95% of warfronts ive played.
    Ive never been a pvp fan but it feels good in swtor, its the players that let it down, fcuking morons running past the objectives :rolleyes:
    Just as i might enjoy pvp warfronts the morons screw it up.
    Im playing as a healer and never ever get protection.

How are people finding getting groups for instances?

I'm really noticing lack of LFD as people in guild are in levelling at different speeds or getting to around lv20 realising they don't like the class.

Arrgh!!

Like any group of randomly put together players in any game I've ever done tbh. :P

My apologies because this would have been asked already:
    Cheapest price online for a digital copy of the game?
    Even the usual cheaper g2play has it for 53 euro.

What's the price like in Gamestop/PcWorld? (Specifically Waterford stores)
    Best price I've seen online for a physical copy is 36 pounds from Amazon.

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    My apologies because this would have been asked already:
    Cheapest price online for a digital copy of the game?
    Even the usual cheaper g2play has it for 53 euro.

What's the price like in Gamestop/PcWorld? (Specifically Waterford stores)
    Best price I've seen online for a physical copy is 36 pounds from Amazon.

You can only get a digital copy off EA's Origin. If you want cheap you're best off getting a physical copy from Amazon or somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

This game is really beginning to annoy me now. Have been trying to install it since the 22nd and EVERY time i get this far:

Extracting swtor5.rar(0.0%-Assets\swtor_main_anim_humanoi_bmaf_1.tor)

only for it to fail. I have literally tried everything suggested on the swtor forums (dropping to 2gb ram/loading so you only have 2gb free ram etc) and still the same sh!t. I even thought it was the dvd drive so i changed that, still no joy.

Anyone got any ideas?

nesf wrote: »
    You can only get a digital copy off EA's Origin. If you want cheap you're best off getting a physical copy from Amazon or somewhere.
    Cheers for the help. Think I'll just buy it in Gamestop tomorrow.

foxerv1 wrote: »
    This game is really beginning to annoy me now. Have been trying to install it since the 22nd and EVERY time i get this far:

Extracting swtor5.rar(0.0%-Assets\swtor_main_anim_humanoi_bmaf_1.tor)

only for it to fail. I have literally tried everything suggested on the swtor forums (dropping to 2gb ram/loading so you only have 2gb free ram etc) and still the same sh!t. I even thought it was the dvd drive so i changed that, still no joy.

Anyone got any ideas?

I know it will suck, but if you can afford the broadband usage just download the game and then I think you can register your account and CD key once it has finished. Download is 22gb or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    I know it will suck, but if you can afford the broadband usage just download the game and then I think you can register your account and CD key once it has finished. Download is 22gb or so.

Download from origins? I was going to copy over my mates directory and install from that. Dying to play this game!!

• Advertisement

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Download from origins? I was going to copy over my mates directory and install from that. Dying to play this game!!
    Once you put in your product registration code, you can download it directly from the swtor.com site.

Advertisement