Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

On the main page:
    http://www.swtor.com/

You can download the game client (22mb or so).
    Then run the client and it will download and install the game and updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SeanLEFT

How long/large is the digital download ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

SeanLEFT wrote: »
    How long/large is the digital download ?

20GB or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

what are the chances involved with reverse engineering, wasted a few blue trying to get the schematics.

Varik wrote: »
    what are the chances involved with reverse engineering, wasted a few blue trying to get the schematics.

I've seen somewhere that the chance of discovery is between 5% to 20% (or was it 25%?) depending on your skill level versus that needed to build the item. No idea how accurate the source is as I can't remember what it was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Server maintenance until 4pm this afternoon? **** sake.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Scheduled Maintenance

Date: Tuesday, December 27th, 2011

Time: 4AM CST (2AM PST/5AM EST/10AM GMT/11AM CET) to 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET)

All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than six hours, but could be extended.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Seriously WTF are they smoking?

Dcully wrote: »
    Seriously WTF are they smoking?

They are smoking the substance that makes them think US server downtimes are acceptable if translated to GMT/CET.

Or in other words they are American.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

rather glad actually, they are implementing patch 1.1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

rather glad actually, they are implementing patch 1.1 :)

yup and what will that bork

Shin

• Advertisement

1.01 no?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

nesf wrote: »
    They are smoking the substance that makes them think US server downtimes are acceptable if translated to GMT/CET.

Or in other words they are American.

This is unacceptable if they continue to pull down servers at times suiting americans. As long as they pull the servers down at 4am -10am gmt as frequently then im ok, but bring down the server for us in europe which suits the americans only is crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

what are the 1.1 patch notes? .... helpfully they brought down their web servers

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Yeah not very happy either.
    Finally get the day to myself after the Xmas madness and find they are patching servers.

Ahh sure gives me a chance to do some other stuff and it is a holiday so would usually be in work for future downtime. (hopefully)

1.0.1 PTR-Patch Notes

Classes and Combat

Combat Bug Fixes *Fixed a bug that could cause the global cooldown to display incorrectly in the UI.

Imperial Agent

Operative

The tooltip for Acid Blade now displays the correct information.

Companion Characters

Kira Carson

Fixed an issue that could cause Kira’s affection progression to become blocked.

Bug Fixes

Companion Character dialogue now plays at the correct volume.

Crew Skills

Bug Fixes

Corrected an issue that could cause some gathering nodes to appear as unharvestable.

Flashpoints and Operations

Flashpoints

Mandalorian Raiders

Crowd control immunity has been removed from several members of the Enemy Boarding Party.

Colicoid War Game

An issue that prevented some players from mounting turrets in this Flashpoint has been corrected.

The Red Reaper

Darth Ikoral now uses his abilities correctly.

Directive 7

Mentor now resets correctly if he defeats the player group.

Operations

Eternity Vault

Fixed an issue that could cause players to instantly die when affected by Soa’s knockback.

Turrets in Normal Mode no longer behave as turrets from Hard Mode.

Players are now able to properly obtain loot from chests.

The Ancient Pylons now spawn enemies at the correct intervals.

Karagga’s Palace

Players no longer need to reset this Operation if they do not defeat Bonethrasher.

Corrected an issue that caused some players to become stuck at the throne room door.

Bug Fixes

All players in a group who have a daily Flashpoint mission now get credit for completing that Flashpoint.

Missions and NPCs

Missions

Imperial

A New Master: Defeating Teeno no longer causes him to surrender on top of Phyne, making him difficult to interact with.
    General Faraire: All of Khourlet’s Elite Guards are now accessible by the player.

Bug Fixes

Fixed a mission-related issue that could cause poor performance and client crashes on Taris for some players. NPCs

Corrected several instances of non-interactive NPCs appearing and disappearing from the player’s view.

PvP

Warzones

General

Rewards for winning Warzones have been increased.

Warzone completion rewards have been decreased.

Bug Fixes

Voidstar

Corrected an issue that could prevent some players from entering the Voidstar.

UI

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug that could prevent players from accepting pending mission rewards.

Targeting a friendly player no longer occasionally displays incorrect text for the character’s name.

Corrected an issue that could cause some auction expirations to behave incorrectly.

The splash screen no longer displays longer than the “accept changes” dialogue when changing resolutions on some computers.

Master Looter now works correctly for items being looted from chests.

The server select screen no longer displays over the character select after being disconnected for being away. Corrected an issue that could cause mission mapnotes to disappear when a new mission is obtained.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

Special characters no longer display incorrectly in the French credits.

Remaining baby names have been added to the credits.

Corrected a link that displayed in French and German versions when the servers are unavailable.

afaik those are the 1.0.1 notes, not the 1.1 notes.

1.1 patch notes havent been released yet afaik. The patch today is 1.01.

ah .... sorry, read elsewhere that today was 1.1

Well then, just quest and gui fixes.

So I can continue making loads of credits sending my robot slicing :D (and kaliyo when travelling/flying spaceship)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Still no easy way of comparing equipment for your companion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ShaneU wrote: »

I turned on detail tooltips or something along those lines and it now shows companion gear in that slot when mouse over an item

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is this available anywhere for 50 quid or less for download? Dont feel like going out to the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Keep in mind that its over 20 gigs. Had I known that before I bought it I would've just gone brick and mortar.....but I had paid for it by then so it was too late. :p

It's €53.99 on G2Play. Not quite under €50 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Kirby wrote: »
    Keep in mind that its over 20 gigs. Had I known that before I bought it I would've just gone brick and mortar.....but I had paid for it by then so it was too late. :p
    Kiith wrote: »
    It's €53.99 on G2Play. Not quite under €50 though.

Arg, 20gb you say. Might just go and buy it so. It's crazy that downloads are more expensive than bricks & mortar...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

nesf wrote: »
    1.01 no?
    yeah my bad, you're right :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

ShaneU wrote: »

You can turn this on in preferences, saw a few screencaps on other sites that appeared to show this feature so i went looking.

Servers are still bloody down.
    We'll be extending the #SWTOR maintenance, no current ETA. We will let you know when the servers are live. Thank you for your patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

In fairness, they said it might go on longer than 4, and that's generally a sign that it will. Considering this is the first major amount of outage since launch, I think that's quite impressive.

I'm still just pissed off at the times. It's stupid to have downtime go until 4pm, just cause it suits the US better. I know that normally, not many people would care too much (with work, school etc...) but still.

Plus, today was to be my first chance to play the game since last Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

Kiith wrote: »
    Plus, today was to be my first chance to play the game since last Friday.

Same here. I think thats the real pain. The last few days have been so busy for most people, and today would normally be the day when things would slow down. I was really hoping to really get into the game today after getting it for Christmas.

Advertisement