Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

There's more players in the US, I believe. And if they'd done 2 seperate time slots, people would have rushed back and forth when the other servers were up, and led to massive queues and complaining.

Also, I'm willing to bed the reason they picked this time was by looking at the server lowpoints globally. After all, most people play in the evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

12 o' clock update is.... still no update. More information at 1pm CST, so 7pm GMT.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i wouldnt count on getting in at 7 either, thats just an ETA update.. maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

These updates are more them checking in every hour to tell you there's no ETA lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Currently downloading the game, am as far as this- English Assets 1, its aout 4.8gb. This is roughly 20 hours after starting the download. Anyone any idea how much is left? If it helps, i got disconnected and restarted the launcher again where i was asked to accept the EULA etc today for the first time....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Currently downloading the game, am as far as this- English Assets 1, its aout 4.8gb. This is roughly 20 hours after starting the download. Anyone any idea how much is left? If it helps, i got disconnected and restarted the launcher again where i was asked to accept the EULA etc today for the first time....
    Not sure what order it downloads the individual files, but the total SWTOR folder size for me is 19.7gb. If you check your own folder you should get at least a rough idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Mind you i dont think the whole download is as much as 20GB, I downloaded the whole thing in an afternoon.

Blowfish wrote: »
    Not sure what order it downloads the individual files, but the total SWTOR folder size for me is 19.7gb. If you check your own folder you should get at least a rough idea.

Assuming you mean the full EA folder, it's 23.3gb ATM

TOR is the only occupant of it so that's pretty much the size.....

BigEejit wrote: »
    Mind you i dont think the whole download is as much as 20GB, I downloaded the whole thing in an afternoon.

:( 23.3gb. I'm beginning to hate this game before i even play it :o

servers are up now :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And i won't get to play now for about 4 hours :(

BigEejit wrote: »
    Well then, just quest and gui fixes.

So I can continue making loads of credits sending my robot slicing :D (and kaliyo when travelling/flying spaceship)

Spoke too soon, slicing got the arse nerfed out of it

Ornate medium credit case just now gave 1394, last night 2700 .... iirc it cost ~1200 to send them off on that quest

Just sent the robot to do the "be careful what you read" slicing quest (bountiful), it cost 1175 and took over 18 minutes. Got back a gilded medium credit box that gave 1402 = 700 credits/hour.

Well and truly nerfed. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

72 in queue now and and if your planing on playing on Basiilisk droid you'll have 55m wait.

I hate when they change things like that and don't mention it in the patch notes.

It was a crazy money maker though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Kiith wrote: »
    I hate when they change things like that and don't mention it in the patch notes.

It was a crazy money maker though.

It's mentioned in the official patch notes: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.0.1/12272011

Ahh, didn't notice that. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

is it my imagination or did mail about the AH used to tell you who, what, and how much you items were.

Get loads in and need that information to alter future prices.

So i kept getting booted back to the start of the downloader- wrecked my head so i got the full firectory off my mate, deleted my old files, placed his in, now i can sign into the game with loads of sound and NO PICTURE!!!! Also cant ESC past the first FMV. Anyone any ideas here??

• Advertisement

Anyone done the quest

Reconstruction effort - Final stage Surface problems.

To get the skull eater's claw?

NO idea how to get up to that pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Man i suck so bad at the space missions, i finished a grey one earlier and was like woot (5th try) and ot 5 xp :p

Mix of my crappy UTMS net and my poor 3 gig lappy screaming for it's life fps wise

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Man i suck so bad at the space missions, i finished a grey one earlier and was like woot (5th try) and ot 5 xp :p

Mix of my crappy UTMS net and my poor 3 gig lappy screaming for it's life fps wise

lol could be that you were playing in the wee hours of the morning too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Jimbob 83 wrote: »

Make sure you buy your ship upgrades in the Galactic Trade Market area on the fleet ship.

Also in all space missions theres never a reason to stop firing your blasters, just constantly hold the left mouse down and just fly around.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

RichieD wrote: »
    Make sure you buy your ship upgrades in the Galactic Trade Market area on the fleet ship.

Also in all space missions theres never a reason to stop firing your blasters, just constantly hold the left mouse down and just fly around.

Wouldn't hold it down all the time, let your shields recharge from time to time!

I thought your shields don't regenerate when you are firing?

I upgraded my ship as soon as i got it, and now the missions are easy enough. Did them al last night, and one of them got me down to about 25%, but that's it. It's a great way of getting xp though. Went up about 50% of a level by doing the dailys and two other missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Wouldn't hold it down all the time, let your shields recharge from time to time!

I never even bother, I have'nt failed a space mission apart from the first time doing each mission to learn how it works.

Also dont forget to DO A BARRELL ROLL! (space bar).

Can any Smugglers or Troopers tell me how they are finding healing? Going to reroll a ranged class tonight, as i'm a little tired of melee. Just not sure which class i want.

Also, how 'For the Empire!' is the Bounty Hunter? Is he all business, or is he more of a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter, with a code and all that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Also, how 'For the Empire!' is the Bounty Hunter? Is he all business, or is he more of a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter, with a code and all that?

He is not mandalorian by default. He can be whatever BH you want him to be.

Imp agent healer would be closest to Druid healer except with my hard casts. Merc healer would be more like paladin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Can any Smugglers or Troopers tell me how they are finding healing? Going to reroll a ranged class tonight, as i'm a little tired of melee. Just not sure which class i want.

Healing on trooper is hard but easy if you pay attention you really start to shine as a healer at 30+ though early on it a a ball ace

Advertisement