Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Where can i buy the game online and not get ripped off like the price on Origin? (74.99) Are they mad? is that the going price? I dont want a Digital Deluxe edition..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

pay 55 on origin for the regular version. They hide it away because they want the premium price....but its there if you look.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah i noticed that myself, cheeky of them too the dastards!

Kirby wrote: »
    pay 55 on origin for the regular version. They hide it away because they want the premium price....but its there if you look.

55 quid? still a bit steep plus from what ive read people say its crap, perhaps there bored wow players but still, seems like a bit of a gamble for 55 quid.

Doest seem right when Skyrim has all the quests you could want and no sub fee, ill wait a bit. I tried AoC and Warhammer online when they came out and both were rather disappointing. Guess ill check out play.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Why do you have to set up a subscription in order to play the 30 free days that came with the purchase of the game? It's really annoying as I have no intention of subscribing to this but want to at least get the time I paid for.

I'd rather not enter my credit card details.

• Advertisement

Why do you have to set up a subscription in order to play the 30 free days that came with the purchase of the game? It's really annoying as I have no intention of subscribing to this but want to at least get the time I paid for.

my guess is so that if you forget to cancel it they can charge you. The only reason these games do that.

Scram wrote: »
    my guess is so that if you forget to cancel it they can charge you. The only reason these games do that.

Which is exactly how I ended up with the bloody game in the first place. I didn't play the Beta as I had no time to and forgot to cancel the preorder on Amazon.

I have no opinion of the game itself I just can't afford €12.99 a month at the moment.

Which is exactly how I ended up with the bloody game in the first place. I didn't play the Beta as I had no time to and forgot to cancel the preorder on Amazon.

I have no opinion of the game itself I just can't afford €12.99 a month at the moment.

Wait are you saying that you had it pre-ordered/Beta forgot about it and they charged you for a months playtime? (if im wrong please tell me)

Wait are you saying that you had it pre-ordered/Beta forgot about it and they charged you for a months playtime? (if im wrong please tell me)

No I had it preordered and forgot to cancel the preorder on Amazon. It shipped earlier than I thought it would (That part was my fault). But I thought I'd register the game and at least get the 30 days of game time that comes with it.

But it won't let me use that game time unless I set up a recurring sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

No I had it preordered and forgot to cancel the preorder on Amazon. It shipped earlier than I thought it would (That part was my fault). But I thought I'd register the game and at least get the 30 days of game time that comes with it.

But it won't let me use that game time unless I set up a recurring sub.

Set up recurring sub, set yourself several reminders to go off at multiple times before 30 days are up to cancel the sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

55 quid? still a bit steep plus from what ive read people say its crap, perhaps there bored wow players but still, seems like a bit of a gamble for 55 quid.

Doest seem right when Skyrim has all the quests you could want and no sub fee, ill wait a bit. I tried AoC and Warhammer online when they came out and both were rather disappointing. Guess ill check out play.com.

this game is far from crap i can tell you, i wouldnt be the most avid mmo player (get bored with them real easy) but this thing has pretty much destroyed the bit of a social life i had :D the stories are really well done

this game is far from crap i can tell you, i wouldnt be the most avid mmo player (get bored with them real easy) but this thing has pretty much destroyed the bit of a social life i had :D the stories are really well done

Yeah I'm enjoying it a lot more than the previous "WoW killer" Rift's opening. Most of the people I know who've been through quite a few MMO launches are quite happy with this one to be honest. It'll be at least 6 months before we can have a conclusive opinion on whether the game is worth playing because until we see what the endgame looks like over a decent timespan it is impossible to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

How do I put the "looking for group" symbol above my head?

Did the first sith flashpoint today, was not expecting them to be so long. I also think the level recommendations are far too low. I happened to have a level 25 player with me, but if it was a level 10 player like it suggests, we would have died very quickly.

ShaneU wrote: »

It's an option if you open the window for showing players in your zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

ShaneU wrote: »

Did the first sith flashpoint today, was not expecting them to be so long. I also think the level recommendations are far too low. I happened to have a level 25 player with me, but if it was a level 10 player like it suggests, we would have died very quickly.

the first flashpoint can be done with 2 level 10-12 players very easily.

You can put the LFG symbol in the social menu, cant remember the key to press but if you press G to get to the guild menu its one of the tabs on the bottom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

nesf wrote: »
    Set up recurring sub, set yourself several reminders to go off at multiple times before 30 days are up to cancel the sub.
    Or even easier, set up reoccurring sub and then cancel it directly as all MMOs that I'm aware off let you play out the time you paid for (i.e. your free 30 days).

Nody wrote: »
    Or even easier, set up reoccurring sub and then cancel it directly as all MMOs that I'm aware off let you play out the time you paid for (i.e. your free 30 days).

I thought some didn't?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I thought some didn't?
    Can't recall any MMO or other service I've used that did not short of a shut down of the whole service as you've paid for X days of use so they have to either refund you the difference or let you use it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Had a great session last night. Rerolled a Smuggler, and am loving it. Got to lvl11, and did some PvP as well. Actually did really well, and finished fairly high up the leaderboard (2 wins too). Was thinking of speccing as a healer, but the idea of dual pistols was too much for me :P

Really looking forward to getting more time in on this. Definitely more fun than my Guardian.

Nody wrote: »
    Can't recall any MMO or other service I've used that did not short of a shut down of the whole service as you've paid for X days of use so they have to either refund you the difference or let you use it.

I can't remember exactly but I heard a while back of some MMO that required you to have an active sub to get all your free days. I could be wrong though and misremembering things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Anyone know if there's a dedicated site for tracking Raid progress, videos and stuff for SWTOR?

I'm still debating over this game and trying to decide if it's for me so I'd love to see some of the "nightmare mode" raid bosses. I'd also like to get an idea of just how many hardcore PvE-oriented Guilds there are out there.

Something like www.wowprogress.com for example or any other community-based websites (mmo-champion.com) would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I thought some didn't?

Some of the SOE games used to have an "end my subscription time right now as well" option at the subscription cancellation screen for some strange reason :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can one character send his companions out on a mission, while another character does it as well? Or is it like Eve where only 1 character can be training at the same time?

Just wondering if i can relog my JK every 30 mins to run some crafting missions, while playing my Smuggler.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd check your bank account. Many people reporting they have been charged when they put their card on and that its non refundable.

The whole way the 30 days works is a ****ing joke, requiring a credit card.

I'll be buying prepaid card thank you very much.

How a retailer can sell 60 days cheaper then the actual game host is beyond me.

Bioware doing so many basics wrong with this one, the CC with your trial is a big ****up and causing alot of bad vibes on the forums.

Also be careful doing it online, they have one button to literally delete your entire account and characters and one button to cancel your reoccuring payment, so stupid.

Who the **** would delete their entire account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Started playing this yesterday. Anyone else have screen judders? Game runs perfectly for me on high settings, pc is more than capable. Everything else is smooth, but every now and again the screen judders or tremors, as if there's a small earthquake. It happens both in the main game world and also during the dialogue cut scenes. Is this a known issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Branoic wrote: »
    Started playing this yesterday. Anyone else have screen judders? Game runs perfectly for me on high settings, pc is more than capable. Everything else is smooth, but every now and again the screen judders or tremors, as if there's a small earthquake. It happens both in the main game world and also during the dialogue cut scenes. Is this a known issue?

Try turn off shadows. Having it on seems to affect a lot of people's performance.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Who the **** would delete their entire account?

Addicted people trying to quit. Or parents thereof.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Branoic wrote: »
    that could actually be background effects in the starting zone, the sith starting planet (cant remember its name) has massive cannons firing and is being attacked from orbit. the shaking during dialogue could just be part of that. If its still there ona more tranquil world or on your ship..check the graphics settings

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Addicted people trying to quit. Or parents thereof.

Deleted accounts can be just as easily retrieved. They are like gamertags on xbox, they are never EVER truely deleted.

There will always be that little coax " O i cant get my account back" so I dont know why they bother putting that button there to cause accidental heartache.

Plenty of threads on their forums about people seeing charges for their free month, went to cancel sub and they deleted their account : /

Its not poor design its just sly

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Deleted accounts can be just as easily retrieved. They are like gamertags on xbox, they are never EVER truely deleted.

There will always be that little coax " O i cant get my account back" so I dont know why they bother putting that button there to cause accidental heartache.

Plenty of threads on their forums about people seeing charges for their free month, went to cancel sub and they deleted their account : /

Its not poor design its just sly

Usually detailed account information is only held onto for about 6 months. Or at least it worked that way with WoW.

Advertisement