Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

nesf wrote: »
    I've seen as bad in WoW. Or at least a similar level of ignorance of people who thought they were entitled to a raid spot.

Came across a commando wearing a Jedi robe also when inspected was wearing all str gear . have another commando try tank for us when inspected again was wearing str heavy armour when asked he said he picked it for the armour rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

jeawan wrote: »
    Came across a commando wearing a Jedi robe also when inspected was wearing all str gear . have another commando try tank for us when inspected again was wearing str heavy armour when asked he said he picked it for the armour rating.

Yeah, have seen healers in WoW who think chain casting their biggest heal regardless of situation is "efficient" and running out of mana means other people are not killing things fast enough even if the other healers are doing just fine mana wise. Have seen dps in WoW who despite knowing the theory and having had long chats from knowledgeable players still put out a third of what they should put out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm always helpful regarding new people and you can see them a mile away. The problem is that no matter what way you try and put it, most of them get super defensive and won't listen. The worst example of this I experienced today.

I swear im not making this up. I'm a Merc, about level 33 and on Alderaan at the moment. I grouped up to do a quick 4 man heroic. There was another merc in the group with me. I asked him his spec and he said Arsenal which was grand. I am too but I decided to heal for us anyway.

Tracer missile is the best skill in this tree by a mile and every merc should be using it. I noticed straight away that he wasn't and was just spamming Rapid fire......which is basically the standard Merc auto attack number 1 button. He just spammed it. all day. Even though he had 0 heat and could use whatever ability he wanted.....he just spammed auto attack.

I tried to explain to him over and over that he was doing the minimum amount of damage possible and to use tracer shot or unload. He just started arguing with me telling me he could do more dps than any other Merc on the server. :p

This lad was level 34. How he managed to get that high I'll never know. After 2 or 3 levels even new MMO players get a grasp on what their character is about. I've been playing MMO's for over a decade and I've never come accross a case quite as bad as this.

I guess its just the nature of "Star wars! Shiny!!!!"

Haha

Like a sith juggernaut the other day. He wanted to tank so I changed to dps stance. He was 2-3 levels higher then us and his threat wasn't great. It seemed like he just auto attacking so the maurader was holding back thinking he was a bad dpser. Everything was taking an age to die.

Anyway bad pull and we all die. We all pop medical probe and 3 of us move to safe area. Jugger moves up ramp into another pack while rez stealthed, pulls and dies. He does same again then leaves group.

I tank and we three man it with one companion out in no time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bugs? What bugs? :P

Pretty sure it's fake btw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Kiith wrote: »
    Bugs? What bugs? :P

Pretty sure it's fake btw

Not fake since Bioware are planning on patching it

http://www.swtor.com/blog/patch-notes-update-upcoming-patch

• Advertisement

Not fake? Even better. PvP must be a giant dance off right now :P

titan18 wrote: »
    Not fake since Bioware are planning on patching it

http://www.swtor.com/blog/patch-notes-update-upcoming-patch

Note does not work on melee NPC's

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Has anyone gotten the email with progression guide after reaching level 10, i didn't get one before just with my latest trooper.

Didn't get one on my Jedi Knight or Trooper, but got one with my more recent Smuggler. Don't think they were sent out till a certain date. Nice, if minor, feature.

Ran into my first imperial when i was in a pvp area today on Tatooine (seen a few on Nar Shaddaa), beat him but good.

he came back for some revenge but ran into another jedi before he got to me and if he lost 1v1 then 2v1 was not helping his chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

This is definitely my favourite article so far about SWTOR. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Blowfish wrote: »

Ahh, the Mail...

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I laughed at some of the comments on it! :D

Catalyst on Taris is the single most infuriating quest I've come across so far. Just wanted to vent that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kayroo wrote: »
    Catalyst on Taris is the single most infuriating quest I've come across so far. Just wanted to vent that.

What's the quest?

What's the quest?

Get infected by Rakghoul's on Taris. Essentially you just have to keep fighting them but there's no specific trigger for them to infect you so you can be wandering around for a good hour trying to get infected.

Get infected by Rakghoul's on Taris. Essentially you just have to keep fighting them but there's no specific trigger for them to infect you so you can be wandering around for a good hour trying to get infected.

It's a bugged quest. If you go into your quest log, and Reset it, you'll get infected straight away by any Rakghoul (or maybe only the red ones). Really easy once it's reset.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1276185

Patch details, these are for the test servers but will make their way to the others.

Some nice changes
    Level 50 players now participate in their own Warzone bracket and will not be matched with lower-level players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Where is the cheapest place to buy a CD key for this online? The official website is €54.99 which is a little pricey!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I looked and couldn't find it for any cheaper than 50 quid. So I ended up paying the 55 off of origin. Getting it directly is worth the extra fiver for the potential headache that you avoid.

It's 50 quid in some brick and mortar shops I believe aswell. Bear in mind the game is like 25 gigs to download so.....buying a physical copy might be a better option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Also, if you buy it from Origin and end up not liking the game and want a refund - just contact their live support through Origin and ask for a refund within the first month. They'll give you a refund within a few minutes and it'll take a day or so to appear back on your credit card as a credit for the full amount you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Bare in mind it only last for 2 weeks AFAIK I know that's what it said for me for BF3.

The Dev Tracker is up and running now (might have been for a while). Handy to see what, if anything, the developers are saying on some of the issues being talked about on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Jhax

Just bought this game on an impulse buy the other day. Didn't play it at first left it on my desk for a while because I was busy with Starcraft 2. Put it in and installed it and wow, this game is amazing. I'm not a big Star Wars guy but I loved the movies and I found the lore quite interesting. In terms of gameplay, levels 1-10 as a Jedi were awesome, especially when you get your lightsaber :)

If anyone's thinking of getting this game and like MMO's go for it, I hated WoW for the longest time but this is much more fun and a lot less time consuming, which is what I think everyone wanted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Jhax wrote: »
    Just bought this game on an impulse buy the other day. Didn't play it at first left it on my desk for a while because I was busy with Starcraft 2. Put it in and installed it and wow, this game is amazing. I'm not a big Star Wars guy but I loved the movies and I found the lore quite interesting. In terms of gameplay, levels 1-10 as a Jedi were awesome, especially when you get your lightsaber :)

If anyone's thinking of getting this game and like MMO's go for it, I hated WoW for the longest time but this is much more fun and a lot less time consuming, which is what I think everyone wanted.

When you see there is no endgame content, the flashpoints and zones past lvl 25 are terrible you might change your mind :)
    It was fa lot fo fun for me while it lasted, Pls God they add content.

Dcully wrote: »
    When you see there is no endgame content, the flashpoints and zones past lvl 25 are terrible you might change your mind :)
    It was fa lot fo fun for me while it lasted, Pls God they add content.

They will i have faith blizzard didnt have content either when released mind you that was 6-7 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dcully wrote: »
    When you see there is no endgame content
    On this point, is 2 raid instances not enough for you? Along with the usuals pvp etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

jeawan wrote: »
    They will i have faith blizzard didnt have content either when released mind you that was 6-7 years ago

Thats a misconception, they did have 2 raids (3 if you count ubrs) and endgame zones. SWTOR has 2 raids and 1 immensely stupid pvp end game zone. The only thing they have improved on in SEVEN years is they have battlegrounds at launch. You cant compare swtor at launch to wow at launch. They have 7 years of blizzard work to emulate and they sort of dropped the ball on that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

On this point, is 2 raid instances not enough for you? Along with the usuals pvp etc.

Probably would be enough for a few months who knows?but what im hearing is they are poor,here again i cant say for sure as im only lvl 41 but pretty much every lvl 50 ive spoke to ingame are saying there is nothing to do and the 2 raids suck?
    If the flashpoints are anything to go by they are poor.
    pvp means nothing to me, not a fan at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Flashpoints are summed up by the following experience.

Tank "K guys what are the tactics for this"

Group "One sec ill go find out"

Tank" **** it tank and spank"

and it seemed to work every time. Nothing very imaginative :( Which is a shame because if they followed Black Tallons blueprint they would of been good!

Advertisement