Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

The term AAA makes my frickin skin crawl because its usually only disgorged by either
    1. Marketing drones trying to persuade me that the latest bland singleplayer is worth more than 10 minutes of my time or
    2. Console Monkeys telling themselves that the latest bland singleplayer is worth more than 10 minutes of their time

Either way, this might be a AAA tile but it has sweet FA to do with how good the game is.

As much as i give out about the ****in thing i resubbed for another month to see what happens. Since ive done that, ive raided once and logged in for professions and thats about it.

Having said that:

Kirby wrote: »
    It may have already been posted but here it is anyway. This may help those we are experiencing button delay :

Hi everyone; I wanted to give you all an update on the ability delay situation.

Thanks to constructive feedback from the community, including some great videos, we were able to identify an issue that could cause abilities on global cooldown to appear available to the player, resulting in unresponsive/ignored player input. A fix for the issue is currently scheduled to go to the public test server with our next update.

Additionally, we have located an issue that would cause player input for certain instant abilities to fail in frantic combat situations, resulting in unpredictable and frustrating gameplay issues for the affected player. A fix for the issue is currently scheduled to go to the public test server with our next update.

Finally, our engineers have identified an issue introducing a significant delay between player input and ability execution in certain game situations, most notably (but not limited to) fast paced PvP. The magnitude of the delay varies with a number of factors, including processor hardware, but can, especially on dual core CPUs, result in a very perceivable reduction in game responsiveness. We are in the later stages of testing a fix for the problem and hope to be able to roll it out to the servers very soon.

We're still investigating a number of additional issues, along with some usability and quality of life improvements for responsiveness regarding player input, but the above mentioned developments should provide a very measurable improvement in combat responsiveness.

Thanks again for your patience and support and we hope to see you on the public test server to help us validate these improvements before pushing them to the live servers.

Georg Zoeller
    Principal Lead Combat Designer

worth requoting. If they can adress this ill be a happy little dark side jedi. 1 moth into release and it still plays like a bag of poo but at least they recognise that. This will be the single best thing they can do to fix the game barring adding mods which it doesnt look like theyll ever do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

can ye help me out here lads,I decided to play as a bounty hunter and i'm a bit confused because now I can't fire my laser anymore,I repaired it,no luck,I brought a new one same thing,also I had a rocket ability and that wont work anymore either :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

can ye help me out here lads,I decided to play as a bounty hunter and i'm a bit confused because now I can't fire my laser anymore,I repaired it,no luck,I brought a new one same thing,also I had a rocket ability and that wont work anymore either :confused:

can you be a bit more specific? Are you saying you cant use your blaster or is it a certain ability? If its an ability tell us which one. As for rocket ability i presume you mean the death from above ability?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

lazer,he could maybe mean rail shot

if thats the case then you need a stun or some dazeing effect on target before u can fire it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Omphin wrote: »
    can you be a bit more specific? Are you saying you cant use your blaster or is it a certain ability? If its an ability tell us which one. As for rocket ability i presume you mean the death from above ability?

Ya I Can't use my blaster anymore,as for the ability I use to be able to shoot rockets or sumthing out of my blaster that icon is now missing from the toolbar,sorry if i'm being vague

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Ya I Can't use my blaster anymore,as for the ability I use to be able to shoot rockets or sumthing out of my blaster that icon is now missing from the toolbar,sorry if i'm being vague
    Grand. Press P, you should then see your abilities listed. Drag and drop the icon back onto your toolbar. The ability in the top left toolbar will be the default ability used when you right click someone.

Also, what server did you end up on? If it's Basilisk droid, what's your char name? We can invite you into the guild so can give you a hand with other stuff if needed.

that sorted that,still cant fire my blaster though :confused:

that sorted that,still cant fire my blaster though :confused:
    In the same way as your rockets are an ability, you use your blaster through abilities too. The most basic blaster ability is called Unload afair.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Dcully wrote: »
    Log in,and at the bottom of the screen theres a transfer oprion, beside the shard selection.
    Click transfer and then your desired destination and its done instantly.
    Can be done every 7 days per character.

Sorry for the late reply, but i don't see this option? And asking around on other forums everybody is telling me that there are no transfers availible at all?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Sorry for the late reply, but i don't see this option? And asking around on other forums everybody is telling me that there are no transfers availible at all?

Are you talking about Rift or TOR? Transfers are available in Rift, not in TOR.

• Advertisement

Blowfish wrote: »
    In the same way as your rockets are an ability, you use your blaster through abilities too. The most basic blaster ability is called Unload afair.

So basically you have to click on a ability to fire your blaster?it wont fire on its own by left clicking on a target?

So basically you have to click on a ability to fire your blaster?it wont fire on its own by left clicking on a target?
    Exactly, there's no auto attack at all in SWTOR. Best way to do it is to keybind everything.

Kiith wrote: »
    Are you talking about Rift or TOR? Transfers are available in Rift, not in TOR.

Oh, i misinterpreted his post. I was thinking of TOR.

Blowfish wrote: »
    Exactly, there's no auto attack at all in SWTOR. Best way to do it is to keybind everything.

I dunno why I thought there was auto attack :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I dunno why I thought there was auto attack :confused:

There is in WoW and a lot of other MMOs. Maybe you were thinking of those? Takes a fair bit of getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Rapid shots is the bounty hunter ability. His version of auto attack. It does low damage though so only use it when you have high heat or no other ability is available. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

Kirby wrote: »
    Rapid shots is the bounty hunter ability. His version of auto attack. It does low damage though so only use it when you have high heat or no other ability is available. :)

i would throw it in every 3 attacks or so to stop my heat climbing too high,if u open up with 5 - 6 big attacks your heat will go max and youll never get it back down to a manageable level without venting heat.. so i would use it every 3 heat using abilities,should be a part of everyone rotation i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

CyberJuice wrote: »
    i would throw it in every 3 attacks or so to stop my heat climbing too high,if u open up with 5 - 6 big attacks your heat will go max and youll never get it back down to a manageable level without venting heat.. so i would use it every 3 heat using abilities,should be a part of everyone rotation i reckon

You want to avoid using it as it does very little damage. If you are Arsenal spec, you won't need to ever use it outside of heroics.

If you open up with three tracer missiles and then unload, you will definately proc the talent for lowering heat. If you follow this up with a Rail shot for free and then tracer again, followed by "Vent heat" you will be back around 0 heat again and can keep spamming Tracer Missile. Usually, anything will be dead by then outside of heroics.

Heat dissipation is better if you keep your heat lower than 50% as it ticks down alot faster than when it's over 50%.....so use your Vent heat earlier rather than waiting to get to 100%.

Hopes this helps any aspiring Mercs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Before I purchase the game, I have a general question - can I play this as a single player without needing to pay for online time? I don't want to join up with other players, I will pay too infrequently and be too rubbish for that. So can I just play solo against my Intel chip?

I wish I had been born 15 years later, I had to make do with Quake, Sonic and the first Gran Turismo!

Cheers.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Before I purchase the game, I have a general question - can I play this as a single player without needing to pay for online time? I don't want to join up with other players, I will pay too infrequently and be too rubbish for that. So can I just play solo against my Intel chip?

I wish I had been born 15 years later, I had to make do with Quake, Sonic and the first Gran Turismo!

Cheers.

No. You have to play in a multiplayer world, though you do not have to group with other people. Past the first month you will have to pay a subscription in order to play the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Thanks - that sucks, I won't pay a subscription to play a game I have already paid for, I'll stick to Batman for now...

Thanks - that sucks, I won't pay a subscription to play a game I have already paid for, I'll stick to Batman for now...

Well, with MMOs you get multiplayer but also you get more and more content added over time. Something you also have to pay for for single player games. You also get an obscene amount of hours of playtime should you choose to alt or invest time in endgame stuff. The only games I've played that remotely approach MMOs for playtime are open ended RPGs like Morrowind/Oblivion/Fallout/Skyrim, FPS games with free multiplayer and RTS games like Starcraft.

There are plenty of free-to-play MMOs out there though, like Lord of the Rings Online for instance, that can give you the MMO experience for free, should you choose to try out the genre. These don't get the same level of support though for free player (as opposed to people who are willing to pay some money for extra features etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

I suggest you check out Guild wars 2 and videos for guild wars 2.
    The game looks amazing! it blows every other mmo out of the water. It looks so polished already even in beta stages and its going to be a HUGE success.

Also Guild wars 2 will be Buy to Play.

3 MMO Models =

Monthly Sub = 12.99 a month or whichever
    Free to play = Free to play with cash shop ( generally not as much support as bigger games )

Buy to play = Purchase the full price box game to play Guild wars 2 for life :D
    They will also have a cash shop with only pure cosmetic items and no items that will effect stats.

The game will be out late may or June well that's what i think judging from info.
    But seriously it will rock so hard :D check it out!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    I suggest you check out Guild wars 2 and videos for guild wars 2.
    The game looks amazing! it blows every other mmo out of the water. It looks so polished already even in beta stages and its going to be a HUGE success.

Also Guild wars 2 will be Buy to Play.

3 MMO Models =

Monthly Sub = 12.99 a month or whichever
    Free to play = Free to play with cash shop ( generally not as much support as bigger games )

They will also have a cash shop with only pure cosmetic items and no items that will effect stats.

The game will be out late may or June well that's what i think judging from info.
    But seriously it will rock so hard :D check it out!

Just a tad early to claim it blows everything else out of the water.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Don't count on that promise to stick; it never does in any game once the sales are not there and/or they realize how much more they could get (usually start with exp potions, mounts, items already available in the world etc. and work up from there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Pretty please don't drag the thread of topic with other MMO discussion? The rift stuff a few pages back got really confusing.

Did BW mention that they would introduce mod support? I know that they said there will be ui customisation soon, but not sure if this includes third party add ons.

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Did BW mention that they would introduce mod support? I know that they said there will be ui customisation soon, but not sure if this includes third party add ons.
    Nothing concrete that I've seen, bar the usual, 'not yet but maybe later' stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

so, second boss this week that has bugged loot.

We can see all the loot, already assigned to people and NOONE can loot it.

**** you bioware. Learn to code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Dustaz wrote: »
    so, second boss this week that has bugged loot.

We can see all the loot, already assigned to people and NOONE can loot it.

**** you bioware. Learn to code.

A few days before my sub ran out a guild HM run of various flashpoints( 4ish hours) netted us 1 item, a cunning bracer that none of us ( 2 SW + 2 Sorc) could use. Every other damm drop or chest was bugged :(

Most "innovative" game my ass.

Advertisement