Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Dustaz wrote: »
    so, second boss this week that has bugged loot.

We can see all the loot, already assigned to people and NOONE can loot it.

**** you bioware. Learn to code.

I have to agree that whilst i am realy enjoying the game, there are a horrible amount of bugs. It's still a great game though, but i think that they should have released the game a bit later so that most if not all of the bugs would have been ironed out.

Dustaz wrote: »
    so, second boss this week that has bugged loot.

We can see all the loot, already assigned to people and NOONE can loot it.

**** you bioware. Learn to code.

I have to agree that whilst i am realy enjoying the game, there are a horrible amount of bugs. It's still a great game though, but i think that they should have released the game a bit later so that most if not all of the bugs would have been ironed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Eoin247 wrote: »

Yeah it very much feels like it could have done being released Q1 2012 at earliest. I imagine there was pressure from EA to publish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Christmas release. What can you do? Happens alot. Another 6 six months in the oven would've been nice.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Another 6 months would have been nice, but at that stage, it was almost a year overdue and there'd been a fair bit of Beta time. All that said, I agree there's clearly a slew of major bugs that need to be addressed. Bugging out quests, that's pretty much unacceptable. I think the best thing they might consider doing is checking logs of who's done quests and roll something suitable on their behalf and mail it to them in game.

I got my Founder's badge last night - yayyy :)

I also hit lvl 30 with my main having had a couple of weeks away from the game. I'm still enjoying playing it, but for me, like a lot of people, this is more of a single player experience which is ok with me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Trying to grind to level 8 atm -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Shiminay wrote: »
    I got my Founder's badge last night - yayyy :)

Have until March 19th to buy time for the game and i'll probably have started back by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Have you skipped some quests? You shouldn't really need to grind at all, especially in low levels.

How could you possibly have to grind at level 8?

I haven't needed to do any kind of grinding to get to 30, just doing the Story as well as whatever side quests come my way. Haven't done Heroics or group things. Did 1 PvP for earning my Social Badge (it was Huttball and I wasn't all that enamoured with it) and I've done several of the space mission dailies. I'm on Tatooine at the moment which is levl 24-28 level and so I'm ploughing through things with no major stress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I had some sort of recurring issue with patching the game for the last week, finally got it patched last night (god knows how many GBs I have downloaded in the past 5 days!).

Got disconnected with 30 seconds of logging in :(

Might try again later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eoin247 wrote: »
    How could you possibly have to grind at level 8?
    Blowfish wrote: »
    Have you skipped some quests? You shouldn't really need to grind at all, especially in low levels.

Maybe grind wasn't the right word,I'm still trying to get use to this game,first mmo and all,I trying to get to level 8 to kill someone because they are stronger than me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

As a new comer to MMO's I'm still learning things as i go,

I'm playing it as i would a single player rpg,

There are some aspects new to me and i'm still learning,

I've been playing for 2 weeks and have just hit level 21,

The crew skills being the big one for a while,

After a few searches i think i've found a good way to make money using slicing, armor making and archaeology i think it's giving me a good balance of armour that i use,

I'm playing as a jedi guardian and finding the story quite good so far, but still only early days,

Just gotten my ship and also enjoying the space battles which i'm finding quite fun,

Feck sake I keep getting kicked from my game,error code 9000

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Feck sake I keep getting kicked from my game,error code 9000

Are you with Vodafone? i had that problem seems to have gone now.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Are you with Vodafone? i had that problem seems to have gone now.

ya with vodafone,this is the first time I've experienced it though since getting the game saturday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Has the ability delay been fixed at all? I've not been online in over a week, as my cc is ****ed. Got myself a time card today though, so will be able to play over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Theyve introduced a few things that seem to have fixed it for some people. I still find it unresponsive but its not as bad as it was.

I must say, I was doing a few Heroics with a couple of others in a pick up group a couple of nights ago and found there to be some serious (between 0.5 to 1.5 seconds) delays in responses to commands I was giving - I hadn't experienced it before.

Was less than ideal to say the least :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any new content added lads?
    What about the world feeling empty, instancing still the same?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dcully wrote: »

Still the same bar the rise of the rakghouls flashpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Another flashpoint and 4 new bosses in the Karagga's Palace raid.
    Dcully wrote:
    They bumped up the number of people before new instances are created for all planets, though dropped it Ilum a bit again for Ilum alone as the number of players in one spot was causing FPS issues.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ta lads, think ill give it another month or two and see whats added.

Instancing has been readjusted for most planets so there are more people about and is apparently still being looked at. At the moment, peak time is packed.

Global cooldown has been rejigged for abilities to help with ability delay. The way they "highlight" has been changed so that if you have lag, it's not as noticable as it was.

There is also a patch being worked on that "apparently" fixes it completely....or so say the devs. Thats conjecture but they have acknowledged that people were having problems and are attempting to fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Also, the upper ends of the game are seeing much more people as the slow levellers are getting to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anybody getting disconnects? Happening frequently for me tonight but the internet doesn't appear to be going down for anything else

Releasing a patch on Saturday morning...awesome Bioware. Obviously no one in Europe could possibly want to play now. Also, put the forums to read only so no one can voice their compaints.

Absolutely stellar job from them.

As annoying as it is to wake up to, It's only a couple of hours. Not like its the whole day.

I had no idea they were patching it. I got several hours in this morning and dinged 45 and logged. Very lucky I suppose.

Btw, Blizz is the cutest companion ever. By far. Spread the Jawa love. Utini! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

whats in the patch?

Just says various issues on forum

• Advertisement

No notes for it as far as i can see. And maintenance has been extended again, no eta.

Advertisement