Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Kiith wrote: »
    Patch 1.2 trailer is out, and it seems to be pretty good. Loads of new features,

A new Warfront, new Operation and a new Flashpoint, as well as a working Legacy system, UI customisations, high res textures, appearence customisations and loads of other things too.

Fantastic! Looks like they will deliver on a lot of the things that should have been there since release. I might even have got my first toon to 50 when 1.2 is released. Is there any update when it is planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Fantastic! Looks like they will deliver on a lot of the things that should have been there since release. I might even have got my first toon to 50 when 1.2 is released. Is there any update when it is planned?
    Early April.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

should be back on for a bit tonight if anyones around,

Nworb-Nalla feel free to add me on the BD server,

If not i'll be on Saturday all day as the missus will have dibs on Mass Effect 3 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If I uninstall this from gaming pc and install on my laptop,will I have to start over?or can I just pick up from where I left off?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If I uninstall this from gaming pc and install on my laptop,will I have to start over?or can I just pick up from where I left off?

Characters are saved on the servers, so you'll lose nothing if you uninstall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is it just me or is this game having a bit of a lull. I hopped on this morning and created a sith and the starter are was dead. Usually with new games like this they're full.

Makes me nervous :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

if you do it at 5 pm or saturday morning maybe you'll get a different scenario...

if you do it at 5 pm or saturday morning maybe you'll get a different scenario...

Hmm prehaps, I did have high hopes for a monday morning i think

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

ive not looked into it too much since i pvp mostly, but is there much reason for me to collect or buy the rakghoul samples from other players? i know u can get some pets and crystals

I got slapped with the rakghoul disease on the imperial fleet, got back to Nar-shaddaa and I died mid HC from it, quite annoying!

Funny afterwards though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Is this game still busy? I bought it but didnt sub after the 30days, thought the lvling was fun got a bountyhunter to like 23 and a sith inq to 14 or something, just thought the pvp was very weak and made alot of the mistakes Rift did a year earlier, that and i heard end game was very lacklustre from a few friends and ofc the voice overs from all quests was good but prob crap on alts and once that gimmick is gone whats left?

Just wondering is it worth a month sub to see can I get into it or?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

how long is a piece of string ?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

it's kinda busy sometimes. Since pvp is auto queued, groups for that are fine. Impossible to do flashpoints on most servers though unless you're prepared to spend an hour or more solely looking for a group.

Shame really, i love the immersion that the cutscenes give. The lack of players (And Biowares choice to not merge servers/allow free transfers) is destroying the game. It doesn't feel like an mmo most of the time anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I have to agree with Eoin's previous post - Bioware really need to do merge's/transfer as soon as possible. The game itself I still find tremendous fun - no MMO I've played has a better leveling process and I've played about 8 or 9 MMO's. When afforded the chance to do group heroics and flashpoints, the game is terrific but that is getting hard to do with a dwindling population.

Last night, I completed some heroic 4's on Voss and had some add fun against some imp's in open world pvp, but that doesn't happen often enough.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You know what I find annoying? I can't choose to learn another weapon. As a force user, you should be able to play with any style of sabre you want - similarly a trooper or bounty hunter should be able to pick and choose what weapon they want and you can substitute whatever skills in the tree based on whatever weapon is in use. Makes no sense that a Jedi shouldn't at least be able to pick up and twirl a second sabre or that a Bounty Hunter doesn't know how to use a rifle or heavy rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lockky

i dont actually play yet - ive to wait til my leaving is done n dusted
    but...

i read today that theyre starting server mergers and free transfers to / from certain realms at the end of may or beginning of june. i cant find the article but i think it was on massively or mmorpg or ign, one of the gamin sites. by the sound of everything ive heard / read it seems like a great game which will only get better when they balance out realm populations. i dont quite like the comparisons to WoW cos to be fair it too had realm size problems at launch. i remember my cousin was very annoyed about that - that kinda comes with the territory of MMO's - but me personally i literally cant wait to rip into this game! probably more excited bout it than my 6th year holiday hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Transfers seem to be coming soon, dunno about fullblown merges or free transfers - guess we'll see.

Raphael wrote: »
    Transfers seem to be coming soon, dunno about fullblown merges or free transfers - guess we'll see.

From what i have heard they will have paid transfers soon and then see how the servers are b4 they bring in any mergers. Pretty much going to milk the desperate people for cash, if they do this then they are going to p.iss alot of people off. I also heard that LFG finder is coming soon, not sure if it will be cross server, if its not then theres no point. Again this is just what i have heard, cant say where.

Omphin wrote: »
    From what i have heard they will have paid transfers soon and then see how the servers are b4 they bring in any mergers. Pretty much going to milk the desperate people for cash, if they do this then they are going to p.iss alot of people off. I also heard that LFG finder is coming soon, not sure if it will be cross server, if its not then theres no point. Again this is just what i have heard, cant say where.

www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=441119

Seems they will offer free server transfers to badly affected servers. Then offer paid thereafter. Here's hoping that early summer means the end of this month or the start of next.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

400,000 subscribers lost since February, down to 1.3 million from 1.7million, at the current rate there will be less than 1 million players by the summer. Im enjoying the game but will be cancelling my subscription as the place is totally empty. There is more life and soul in the single player Skyrim than there is in this game.

• Advertisement

The 400k are mostly the people who didn't resub after their first month. Every mmo has a huge amount of them. Not saying things are rosy (far from it), but it's not as bad as the above sounds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Kiith wrote: »
    The 400k are mostly the people who didn't resub after their first month. Every mmo has a huge amount of them. Not saying things are rosy (far from it), but it's not as bad as the above sounds.
    EA would appear to disagree with you.
    Star Wars, this is an area that I think has got a lot of people anxious. I've heard from investors today saying that we must have 800,000 subscribers. I heard 600,000 yesterday. So what I think a lot of people have misunderstood is we said we had 1.7 million subscribers on the last call, which was about a month ago. What that was about was the fact that only about – just about half that number had triggered through their 30-day point and become active subscribers, our definition of recurring subscribers.

We had about half that total still in the 30-day trial period, but they're subscribers because that first month is including with a package good. What I said a month ago was, just over half. I can now confirm for you today that the vast majority of the 1.7 is now triggered through that point and they're recurring subscribers.

Edit, to clarify EA actually now blame it on casual gamers not subscribing longer ; funnily enough that is exactly the group that I'd expect to subscribe (the end level people would be the once I'd expect to drop out as you don't keep on leveling alts for ever as a "hardcore" gamer).
    EA's games label boss Frank Gibeau told investors last night the 400,000 subscriber drop was the result of casual gamers declining to subscribe to the MMO after going through a "billing cycle".
    Full details are here.

Ah fair enough. I'm past being worried about the numbers though...i didn't even bother signing in when i had a free weeks playtime. As much as i wanted to love it, it just wasn't good enough to keep me interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I still have an active account. That's more down to not paying attention enough to unsub.

I'd love to see numbers about how many/often people actually log in and use it rather than have an active subscription.

I swear i'll get to actually playing it after exams.

Anybody else notice that rep and imp are starting to even out now?

MAybe it's just my server, but rep used to suck at pvp and lose most games. Now it's pretty 50-50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Problem is that in my server you end up playing against other Imp in most of the PvP zones now. It's very unbalanced.

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Anybody else notice that rep and imp are starting to even out now?

MAybe it's just my server, but rep used to suck at pvp and lose most games. Now it's pretty 50-50

what server u on? as a matter of interest. I find that rep win alot on TFN server

Omphin wrote: »
    what server u on? as a matter of interest. I find that rep win alot on TFN server

Basilisk Droid. I think it's the server that most boards.ie guilds were on, joined after all the irish republic guilds died :rolleyes: .

Nightmare lands has a failry good population on low and max levels, the mid - high range levels (30 - 45) seems to have an issue with grouping.

I went from 30 - 45 and I only ran 3 HC4 groups. Its pretty annoying as i want to experience all of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I'm starting a new character on The Real Eclipse. There's a big thing on the official board about getting people to make characters there because it's well populated (always heavy/very heavy) and the server merges look to be a while off. To get an indication, there were around 100-120 people on Tython at 9pm last night.

I'm going to make a Jedi Knight and see if I have it in me to level him to 50, seeing as there's 33 days left on my sub I don't see the harm in it!

Advertisement