Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jedi Knight is pretty fun.

I have my BH at 47 and i really still havent lost interest in him. Looking good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Althalu5

Hey Guys,

Recently started playing the Old Republic on the Basilisk Droid server. Ive noticed that theres damned near nobody online playing it. Now it could just be the new release of Diablo 3 or maybe the game is dying.

Ive only started playing and im on my first character, im playing a sith juggernaut (lvl. 24) and im on Balmora,.

Does anyone know of a guild that still has a decent population and that might be doing the same as me and that might be able to group up on a regular basis to take on the tougher heroics and earn social points?

Althalu5 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Recently started playing the Old Republic on the Basilisk Droid server. Ive noticed that theres damned near nobody online playing it. Now it could just be the new release of Diablo 3 or maybe the game is dying.

Ive only started playing and im on my first character, im playing a sith juggernaut (lvl. 24) and im on Balmora,.

Does anyone know of a guild that still has a decent population and that might be doing the same as me and that might be able to group up on a regular basis to take on the tougher heroics and earn social points?

The Majortiy of Boards members playing TOR are on Basilisk droid. I myself am on nightmare lands, running with the PC Gamer magazine Guild.

Theres gonna be a server xfer option soon so the servers should bolster up a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

The game really is dying. Joined Red Eclipse with a new character, one of the highest populated servers and in the space of two weeks it's gone from always being Heavy to always being Standard.

I wonder how many subscribers are left now

1 Million at last check. See the problem is that this game was lumped with too much expectation from everyone. Now that its stagnating a bit people are going back to WoW/EVE/Terra.

Im going to stick with it as this game can and will be huge given time and some content additions/Expansion packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Vicxas wrote: »

Im going to stick with it as this game can and will be huge given time and some content additions/Expansion packs.

I don't know, they announced yesterday that it had laid off some of the SWTOR team. It does not bode well. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=462269

I don't know, they announced yesterday that it had laid off some of the SWTOR team. It does not bode well.

Id say that was down to over-estimating the games initial numbers. Im trying really hard not to sound like a Fan-boy :)

1 Million at last check. See the problem is that this game was lumped with too much expectation from everyone. Now that its stagnating a bit people are going back to WoW/EVE/Terra.

I think I'll renew for another month in the hope that 1.3 comes along, and these server transfers and new LFG system will hopefully revive things. I really hope they can make it work because I do like the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

If they listened to their customers, fixed the major issues and made the game free to play I reckon they would have a chance to turn things around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Jedi Knight is pretty fun.

I have my BH at 47 and i really still havent lost interest in him. Looking good :)

I have my BH at 40 and i love every minute of playing him too the class quests are simply epic. The only thing that comes close is the Imp agent class quests.

BH are great.

Jedi Knight's are insanely easy to level, and have a good class quest. Mine is at level 46 after 3 days played I think. Haven't gone near him since the server transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lockky

I just got the game the other day there and i joined The Tomb of Freedoon Nadd server, anyone on there? Seems like a great game to me! I find the morality choices to be compelling and they really help keep you interested. That being said I can see the whole single player view, I havent really needed to group up yet which is kinda disappointing but oh well.

All in all though I think that by Xmas we will see a great game if they implement a few changes here and there. Its got so much potential, my only fear is that they wont bring out enough good quality storylines cos Id say it costs them an arm and a leg to produce those clips as simple as they may seem at times!

Lockky wrote: »
    I just got the game the other day there and i joined The Tomb of Freedoon Nadd server, anyone on there? Seems like a great game to me! I find the morality choices to be compelling and they really help keep you interested. That being said I can see the whole single player view, I havent really needed to group up yet which is kinda disappointing but oh well.

All in all though I think that by Xmas we will see a great game if they implement a few changes here and there. Its got so much potential, my only fear is that they wont bring out enough good quality storylines cos Id say it costs them an arm and a leg to produce those clips as simple as they may seem at times!

Once you hit the second planet of your class Q you will come across more group orientated missions.

Im not on Freedon Nad myself but atm its the most populated server, constantly full of people.

But yeah hopefully theyll implement more content. 1.3 looks good so that'll keep me going anyway!

Welcome to TOR BTW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

i'm thinking of playing SWTOR so just gotta ask if the graphics are cool..
    I think they should have a sub forum for SW... don't you???

Once you hit the second planet of your class Q you will come across more group orientated missions.

Im not on Freedon Nad myself but atm its the most populated server, constantly full of people.

But yeah hopefully theyll implement more content. 1.3 looks good so that'll keep me going anyway!

Welcome to TOR BTW :)

Cheers man :D
    Yeah I picked it out purposely for the population cos i had heard some people complaining about the ghost town servers. I'm level 13 on coruscant so I've had that one group quest and I've done The Esseles but I was able to complete the group quest with my companion so I didnt see the need, but thats good thanks! The E3 video looked quite promising and I think Allies will help with grouping.
    Gotta say I am thoroughly enjoying this game hopefully they sort out the dead server quickly enough that people dont leave cos its really great fun!

What server are most Irish people on then? I chose this server also because I thought Basilisk Droid was where everyone was hiding and this is its transfer destination.
    Thanks Lockky

We're all scattered atm, but i think the majority are on Freedon Nad as that was the destination server from BD.

Its a great game and gets better further down the line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

boarder294 wrote: »
    i'm thinking of playing SWTOR so just gotta ask if the graphics are cool..
    I think they should have a sub forum for SW... don't you???

Graphics are fine they Released a hi-def texture pack in a previous game update i have the graphics settings ramped up to max on my laptop and the game runs just fine. some people complain about the graphics not being better quaility but if your an MMO fan or any small bit of a starwars fan (like me) you'll geek out entirely.

It follows a similar route as WoW in that its not sandbox so its nothing like SWG (star wars galaxies) but its very well written, most of the quests are fully voice acted (meaning theres cut scenes like mass effect), there are still bugs to be ironed out and new features that need implementing but the dev team are hard at work and given enough time it will be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

So, how are people finding it since the mergers? Progenitor hasn't been this busy since launch. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

It's fantastic! High population servers makes SWTOR actualy feel like an mmo now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm actually tempted to resub this weekend, and see what it's like when people are actually playing.

Nightmare lands is constantly standard or heavy its great!

Getting really annoyed with treasure hunting, its so bloody hard to level alongside Artifice >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I'm still on Basilisk Droid. :pac:

Aside from being deliciously lag-free though, it is sort of lonely.

Are there actually many people who didn't transfer? I'd have figured those servers would be almost entirely single-player by now.

Oh it's pretty much dead, the max one time that I saw was three on Drommund Kaas. Nobody even on the Fleets. I came across another person yesterday on Balmorra and told them this meant we had to duel.

Heh couldn't stand being so alone in an MMO like that, just really defeats the purpose.

The server transfers were a godsend. Why would people want to stay on a scavenged server?

I'd probably prefer a dead server for leveling a character, especially if it's PvP.

For leveling it's great tbh, I can do a whole planet in a lot less time and my game doesn't turn into glitch central. I will be transferring though, it's just a matter of time.

• Advertisement

I think it'd be kinda interesting to level in an entire world on your own! I roll my first toon on Freedon Nadd last week so I have only seen the game with 40+ in any area at one time. I was on Coruscant with only 31 one morning at 4am I think and I started to feel lonely :P

I don't think I would have lasted more than a week in this game if there was no one around though: flashpoints, grouping and the odd time getting ganked are what make MMO's for me! Although I realise im unique in the ganking bit haha

Advertisement