Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

My game has been on the glitchy side,

It loads up to my characters, then when i click start it just hangs at the loading screen, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Delete and reinstall the client.

Or even just repair the client?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

A lot of annoyance on the official forums it seems, and justifiably so. There's people complaining about the queue times to get on to servers, coupled with the random disconnects since 1.3 meaning they have to go and re-queue . Every time someone makes a thread Bioware instantly lock it and point them in the direction of a global thread where people are complaining, but in that thread Bioware haven't released a single statement or comment on what they plan. it's shocking customer service really.

I can see where they are coming from. I queued for 30 minutes to get onto Freedom Nadd last night, was mid raid and my net died, so I basically had to abandon it and the guild had to try get someone new because by that stage there were 50 minute queues to get back on.

Yeah that i find annoying. I got DC'd and had to relogin but i was number 100 in the queue.

I have to LOL. A month ago we were complaining there was no-one on the servers :)

Oh I know, I'd still prefer to be in this position and having to queue as opposed to being on a dead server where you can't get a group, BUT Bioware did handle it badly, especially with Freedom Nadd. They basically pumped every PvP server onto it without increasing its population at all, it was just messy on their part as always. And now, as usual, they're not giving any explanations or details as to how it'll be fixed, and are going to lose more subscribers again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

40 min wait time > the dead boring server that was basilisk droid. Tbh i've only seen this wait time once since i often log on later on when there are no queues. I'm having a great time leveling! Lots of world pvp!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lockky

I hate those stupid queues, I was lucky enough to be on a high pop realm which was under the cap in WoW so I never did get hit by queues even once. Yeah I do wonder about that, I always thought other MMOs put you to the top of the queue when you dc'd so you wouldnt have to re-queue, so why are bioware doing differently (or maybe I'm wrong)? I have to say though I am thoroughly enjoying levelling on Freedon Nadd, loads of people loads of groups but yesterday - a Monday - there was a one hour queue. I just went off and watched tv but for people who have time constraints that is not fair. I don't see why they cant up the cap on Freedon Nadd, because its quite obviously over-sized; its full every night without fail and the queue can be up to almost 2000 ppl!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

currently started playing and now only on level 5.... just grinding

boarder294 wrote: »
    currently started playing and now only on level 5.... just grinding

Why are you grinding? Especially at that level

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lockky

how are you finding it a grind? I am up to 30 and have yet to find it a grind. sure, there is a lot of go kill x mobs but they break it up well with the progression path (although that is exactly what many people have been complaining about). And anyway, the questing is grand because they give you a good few too many quests on every planet. You'll find you will have out-levelled every zone before you finish the quests

• Advertisement

I didn't find my first play-through a grind at all. The quests are monotonous but if you break them up every now and again with warzones and when you hit high enough levels for new Flashpoints, I think it's very enjoyable. Certainly the least 'grindey' MMO I've played anyway.

Though when I started my second character I just power levelled him, ignoring FPs, Warzones and skipping all conversations except my class quest, that was a bit of a grind, only took 3 and a half days though :)

Class quests can pretty much get you to 50, but you'll miss some great missions by doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Finally back playing it after 3 months, the lag was horrendous on Alderran for me, logged in last night and all seems to be good, changed server though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I finally resubbed last night as well. Going to start a new character i think, rather then keep leveling up my old lvl30(ish) Knight/Smuggler. Thinking either a Trooper or restart the Jedi as a Sentinel this time.

Be careful about Sentinels, they'll be nerfed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I'm kind of two minds about the Sentinel/Marauder and its current DPS output. On the one hand it's one of a handful of pure DPS classes, and the only melee ranged DPS class so their inherent DPS should be high to make up for engagement time vs RDPS classes.

On the other hand, I've personally found them to be a bit overpowered in PvP at the moment and think they could do with a bit of a rebalance to tone them down a little. However I'm not sure how that would affect their PvE viability.

I really must level my Sentinel to 50 to judge for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Just resubbed. Was over in Florida and built my own lightsaber at Disney's Hollywood Studios which got my longing to give this another bash!

Have a 50 Bounty from launch, and a 20 something IA. Think I'll go for a nice Sith Jugg now for that Lightsaber POWWWWAAA!

How's PvP? What server are y'all on?

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Was over in Florida and built my own lightsaber at Disney's Hollywood Studios

I must exercise Jedi self-control and not flagrantly give in to jealousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

I must exercise Jedi self-control and not flagrantly give in to jealousy.

Through passion I gain strength...

ciaranmac wrote: »
    Through passion I gain strength...

There is no passion, there is serenity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

btw.. seems like its a free week if folks want to come back and check.. I got an email yesterday.. Had to migrate to new server etc, and download 1.3 patch..

Don't think I will bother to stay.. but thought folks might be interested to check it out..

Yeah people can now level free of charge up to level 15

I went onto the server list and noticed that the vast majority of servers were locked for new characters. Looks like they're going to shut down the dead servers soon.

Eoin247 wrote: »
    I went onto the server list and noticed that the vast majority of servers were locked for new characters. Looks like they're going to shut down the dead servers soon.

All origin servers are gonna be shut down soon, so anyone on then ATM will be eventually xfered over to the destination servers

Vicxas wrote: »
    All origin servers are gonna be shut down soon, so anyone on then ATM will be eventually xfered over to the destination servers

About time, silly they didn't mandate it back when they did the transfers originally.

There's still regular and terrible server side lag on the Tomb of freedom nad.

Eoin247 wrote: »
    There's still regular and terrible server side lag on the Tomb of freedom nad.

Lag seems to be server side alright. I thought it was my PC that was causing it to be slow but i booted up the likes of EVE over the weekend and it flew through it.

Aye, Freedom Nadd has insane lag right now, especially in WZ's.

Nightmare lands was suprsingly smooth last night. Has anyone noticed quicker loading times for the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I had my first go in Denova hard mode the other day. Took down Stormcaller and Firebrand. A fun fight and not as taxing as I thought it would be as a healer. One one try I got stuck in terrain after getting launched through the air once. So still a few crappy bugs left.

Advertisement