Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

witless1 wrote: »
    I think a lot of people will sign up and play the game purely for the character story. It's 8 single player games wrapped in an MMO world. When I played the game I really enjoyed the class storyline and the work that went into it. Sadly the game refused to play for longer then 10 mins without crashing and customer support just washed their hands on it. When I get a new machine in the Autumn I think I might try out the storylines of the other classes.

Yeah that's a bizarre model to try and make money. If they only attract people after the single player elements the whole MMO scene is lost on them, you can level to max without requiring any real MMO interactions. Is it just one level 50 though? I only briefly checked:
    http://www.swtor.com/free/features

And didn't see anything about it being just 1 character to 50, could be there though and I'm just not seeing it :)

I'd also question the motivation for people to stay subbed if the content is slow in coming. Like anyone into raiding in a serious manner what's stopping them subbing for a few months until new content comes out? That could tip them below their min required subscribers.

SWTOR runs like a pig even on uber top of the range PCs due to the limitations of the Heroengine so a new PC may not solve your problems.

The 1 level 50 info I read about on various MMO forums but at this point Im not sure if its just 1 character per F2P account or a limit of of only being able to hit max level on one character. Considering how dated the F2P options are I would guess its 1 character per faction but seeing this is EA I would expect a hell of a lot of nickle and dimming.

Once an MMO goes F2P the monthly subscriber tends to be no longer the focus of the dev team as its through the sale of items in the cash shop thats the model for the studio to make money. This normally means a much smaller amount of content updates (if any) and lots of fluff items getting developed for the cash shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kinda lost interest lately with the game, Been trying to get my Marauder raid geared but the limitations of the server only group finder is killing me.

So i'm gonna wait and see if i've any better luck in the evenings.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Vicxas wrote: »
    Kinda lost interest lately with the game, Been trying to get my Marauder raid geared but the limitations of the server only group finder is killing me.

So i'm gonna wait and see if i've any better luck in the evenings.

Boarding Party Bonus Boss and trio bosses in Black Talon drop Tionese gear, if you want Columi you'll have to run missions like Directive 7, False Emporer and Battle for Ilum which the last boss of Battle for Ilum also drops the Columi offhand saber.

Aye I got the tionese gear boots and a helm. Also got the columi braces and I bought some decent implants from the GTN.

Do you reckon I'd be able to run all the random HM's now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Planning on going back to the game and getting into it before it goes f2p, what server did people move to from BD.

Also where can i find the cheapest 60 day card.

I think BD was a destination sever so loads of people moved to it.

Not sure where to buy a 60 day card I pay monthly

• Advertisement

Jumped in again, only had to rename 2.

But need to respec them, which i'm sure i did the last time i started playing again.

only had a 33 sentinel, a 17 Vanguard, and 2 very low ones.

for the sentinel build i'm not sure how much has change but what about this.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRMkZhMM.2

will read myself and probably sort the others out later but need something to play now.

You're on the right skill tree. That build focuses on the crits of your dots so you'll want to focus on getting your crit to 30% once you hit 50

And I agree with the marauder armour it's ghastly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I was reading up on the armour. And there is a Heavy armour chest piece that's a robe over a metal body armour with the hood up

http://www.armorybids.com/thumbnail.php?pic=uplimg/img_A_289360_a34d681cf2f85ce63c353d055b45f8dc.jpg&w=500&sq=Y&b=Y

This one.

Anyways I looked around and found out where to get said armor piece in Medium. You have to beat the last boss in an 8 Man Op Mission and it's a rare drop. So here is a look at what Bioware advertised for the Marauder

http://swtorhumanrelations.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/sith-marauder2-255x300.jpg

^ That helmet comes only in Light and Heavy unless you get a rare drop during an Endgame 4 Man Misssion. That chest piece has a hood, the non-hooded version is Heavy armor only.

http://swtorhumanrelations.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/sith-marauder1.jpg

^ was advertised but the chest doesn't exist in game and if so not for medium.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/3/3c/SithMarauder-TOR.jpg

^ This is what we actually get, sorry for huge post.

A ton of armor designs got removed in late beta for no reason but yeah Marauder gear is nothing like what was advertised in the progression vids. Then again every class apart from Trooper overall has crap looking gear :(

Agent stuff looks amazing, and the Sorc stuff looks incredible. Ran a HC FP with a fully raid geared assassin, he looked like a lizard with a lightsaber.

Marauder gear just seems like an afterthought. Hopefully when the aggressive updates come out when the game goes F2P we'll see more armour sets

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Vicxas wrote: »
    Marauder gear just seems like an afterthought. Hopefully when the aggressive updates come out when the game goes F2P we'll see more armour sets

All of which will probably cost money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Really don't like some of the endgame Inquisitor stuff, makes you look like something straight out of WoW. Jedi armour has always been largely unimpressive/ugly/not fitting with the SW style as well.

BH stuff looks decent, and chestmatching at least solved the issue of looking like a clown. Body Type 3 Agent tends to look hilarious.

BH armour looks pretty boss,

But think of it this way. The original raid gear for WoW back in Vanilla was AWFUL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

To be honest, I could put up with gear that was just ugly. My big problem with a lot of endgame SWTOR stuff is that it just doesn't look like it's from the Star Wars universe. Sure, you can make the Sorc gear ostentatious if you want, but stick to the style of the actual verse. That "bull-horned" one drives me crazy whenever I see it.

BH and Trooper gear is easy in that regard because all you really have to get right is the mask, the rest is fairly generic.

Anyone else think group finder is way too slow?

Also got my first piece of Black Hole gear. :D

If you're a DPS be prepared to wait an hour for a FP. I waited in GF for 2 hours on friday only for the tank to ragequit 5 mins into it.

Might dust off my Powertech and give him a runout.

Yeah, I have a 32 Agent Op, 14 BH Merc, 26 Jedi Guardian and a 12 Sith Sorc. I keep making new characters :pac: Marauder is the only 50 I got so far.

Made a BH got him to 50 as a PT, got bored as the DPS was cat and the GF wasnt active at the time.

Made a marauder, got him to 50 and have been trying to get into group finders since.

Got bored and made an Sniper, was loving her but ive lost interest a little bit

Got 3 Schematic in a row from underworld trading but they're all empire only, only playing republic.

The level of alls items is for 15, i can make them and like the idea of making them but due to the low level and the only option to sell the armour would be on Nar Shadaa is there a point or should i just sell the schematics.

Make it 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

For anyone who is interested, they made one of the boss fights 'better' in Denova on Tuesday's patch, but it actually broke the boss fight. Denova is the only challenging operation left now and the only one a lot of long standing guilds do, so there was a lot of uproar.

They've taken the servers down and are doing a patch to fix it this morning.

I do wonder about Bioware, it would've been so easy to test before releasing it, but it seems they didn't test it. Crazy.

Cina wrote: »
    For anyone who is interested, they made one of the boss fights 'better' in Denova on Tuesday's patch, but it actually broke the boss fight. Denova is the only challenging operation left now and the only one a lot of long standing guilds do, so there was a lot of uproar.

They've taken the servers down and are doing a patch to fix it this morning.

I do wonder about Bioware, it would've been so easy to test before releasing it, but it seems they didn't test it. Crazy.

Bioware love to mess things up :)

It seems in order to get HK-51 you'll need a republic and Empire toon

Hmmm better get my ass working on a Republic character soon

• Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

Challenge accepted on boss fight... Oh, so thats what happen, no wonder it goes crazy... hope they did a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

They fixed it yesterday, thankfully.

Cleared it so many times now that I'm bored of it though, they need to get Nightmare in, and a new op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

Im with you bro, I'll finish this boss first..

Ran a total of 7 FPs today with my powertech and not one bit of gear dropped for me, it was unbelievable!

Advertisement