Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I feel for you. I have full Black Hole/Campaign/Rakata for my Powertech, both on DPS and Tank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Cina wrote: »
    I feel for you. I have full Black Hole/Campaign/Rakata for my Powertech, both on DPS and Tank :D

Oh gee that makes me feel so much better :P :)

Honestly though, you gotta do story move EV and KP, you'll rack up loads of gear and EV in particular is easy, plus you get lots of Columi comms from the weekly ops quests. Do lots of dailys too, particularly on Ilum, 70k a day and Columi Implants/Earpieces are going pretty cheap on the GTN now, not to mention that you can buy Rakata versions when you get 120 daily comms, or an awesome campaign relic at 200. Also, get enough PvP commendations for a Battlemaster mainhand (around 1500 I think), they're better than Columi ones and Rakata mainhands are a rare thing in the game (they only drop on the last boss in KP HM/NiM and EC SM).

Or find a decent guild, lots of them around now, and do lots of ops. If you do it in this order:

EV and KP SM (Advanced Tionese and basic Columi
    -> EV HM (Advanced Columi & basic Rakata)
    -> KP HM (Advanced Columi & Rakata)
    -> KP/EV NiM / EC SM (Rakata)
    -> EC HM (Campaign/BH)

You could be fully geared in a few weeks!

FPs are an absolute waste of time really, just do one a day for BH comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

New event is pretty cool. I hope they bring in more than bowcasters tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got the speeder, it's the broken one you used near the end.

Wish i had gotten the bowcaster.

• Advertisement

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I got like 15 of those comms and I gave up, not worth my time, would rather do Taris on my Sorcerer.

Managed to find the pet in a cate, the things worth 250 of those coms and people are selling the coms at 1.5k to 2k.

Only have a sentinel and vanguard who could manage nar shadda and after buying the speeder for my vanguard and finding the pet i'm just going to buy the bowcasters.

Since i play rep only on this server i don't need the sniper rifle bowcaster, so 4 bowcasters 2 for trooper and 2 for smuggler.

Have 157 coms lefts, i get3 more from crates and i'll buy 3 of them.

The lvl 35 and 50 for trooper and lvl 35 for smuggler.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I got like 15 of those comms and I gave up, not worth my time, would rather do Taris on my Sorcerer.

Give them to me, could almost get all 4 bowcasters.

or

Get a bowcaster as they are legacy bound, they can be used to send bound mods to alts.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

I just finished it last night and I have over 100 coms spare after using some to buy gear. They seem to sell for decent credits in the fleet, that will come in useful :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

So many spares, maybe you want share....

Been doing a few quest on tatooine and this imp Powertech keeps showing up, he's likely trying for the same one and as I've killed him 4 in a row with little damage ( 4 lvls above him.). After moving on to the next part of the quest he's either already there or shows up a short while later.

Edit: 5 times and I've decided to leave him alone now.

Why kill him in the first place? If someone is a few levels below me I just leave them alone (unless they attack me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I generally have the same attitude, but sometimes when I see red names I can't help myself.

Cina wrote: »
    Why kill him in the first place? If someone is a few levels below me I just leave them alone (unless they attack me)

Was soloing and about to fight some enemies and did not trust him not to interfere, had a imp in the same area jump in and kill the healers when fighting a wb earlier in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eyfm5

anyone out there still playing? i havnt subbed in a while but have preferential status, enjoying now more than when i first started playing at launch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

still playing on and off... found 6 months worth of game cards for a fiver each in gamestop last November

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Been playing on and off here too. Pre-ordered Rise of the Hutt Cartel for €8 there the other day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

..ended up giving this a go , liked it enough to sub (at least for a month or so), I played Wow up until last year , so in fairness this kind of fills the gap.
    Been playing a juggernaut (on a US server, figured the general chat would be better , and I was right), and just started a jedi con on an EU server(as I hadnt realized that the servers were in galway , getting a ping of 9 at one point)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

are there still loads of people playing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

are there still loads of people playing ?

"Loads" might be pushing it. But it seems to be pretty busy yeah. Theres only 3 english servers now, pve,pvp and rp.

Started back playing this about 2 weeks ago, and enjoying it again. I forgot how much fun the class quests are.

while there are only 3 english servers currently, do keep in mind that servers were combined and given higher capacity, ie less servers, way higher numbers on those servers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Is it actually free to play or will I have to fork out money? I'm a casual player so I dont mind missing out on some fluff

• Advertisement

it is free to play, alot is restricted though, but you get the main story lines, which are very good to play though.

[edit] I would recommend setting up a security key (smart phone version is free) though as you get 125 points a month to spend on the ingame store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks like space combat is getting an overhaul. No solid news yet, but they really need to add a proper X-Wing style combat system (even if it is dumbed down). Would definitely tempt me back.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/09/02/star-wars-the-old-republic-teases-upcoming-space-update/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Just updated SWTOR with a view to start playing again so this would be a very welcome update and add a new dimension to the very stale PvP.

Sidenote for anyone who bought a security key, if you lose it you have to be a paying subscriber to use the Android/IOS version which I found a bit lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭privilegue

Bought the damn collectors together with a friend had sub going for 3 months then we both gave up... (game simply became boring at endgame) and now they wanna charge me for PvP??!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

So how fun is this game on a scale of 1 to 10? IV never played it before. Just wondering on peoples taughts.

Curious if it's changed much, last player right before it went f2p and didn't play too much. Just really want to get through the stories.

Advertisement