Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Stev_o wrote: »
    How much is it going for in shops? Half tempted to pick it. Would you recommend it ?

Early days but so far its excellent.
    If the content is there which should be it will be a long term mmo for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

With the majority of us now in the game, I hope you all have a great time playing and we will hopefully meet you in some warzones, or catch a few of you when you are questing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

so whats the game like? just another wow copy or is actually a good game? i loved kotor 1+2 but seeing as this is a mmo is the story crap?

It feels like KOTOR crossed with WoW; KOTOW, if you will. I like it so far, looking forward to getting to play for a decent length of time, I'm a Sith Inquisitor. I'm only level 3, so I don't know about the story yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Mr. K wrote: »
    I'm only level 3, so I don't know about the story yet!
    it was the one armed man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Anyone that got the CE, did ye get yer CE items yet? I entered the code into the website and still havent gotten my stuff. Also, whats in the CE store? anything good? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭privilegue

V9 wrote: »
    Anyone that got the CE, did ye get yer CE items yet? I entered the code into the website and still havent gotten my stuff. Also, whats in the CE store? anything good? :)

After you enter your code and sec token thingy you should get your stuff straight away if you are in game already. If not there is a thread in the customer support forums where some people havent gotten their things. You should post in there and / or open an ingame ticket. For anyone straggling making a decision - If you enjoyed Kotor and would like it to be on a bigger scale, get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

V9 wrote: »

I got mine after an hour or so, but they did arrive. Haven't gone to see the CE store yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

so whats the game like? just another wow copy or is actually a good game? i loved kotor 1+2 but seeing as this is a mmo is the story crap?

It's pretty much a new KOTOR game that's more action orientated. At the moment, I've been playing it just like a singleplayer game. I've only levelled 3 characters to about lvl 11 at the moment, and so their stories are only really getting started, but they're well written so far. It's worth getting, even if it's only for a month to see how it plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Loving the game. Got my Merc to lv12 last night. Did some pvp just for xp reward but soon loved it and kept queuing. Handy for leveling crew skills as well as you just send off companion while you pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

Has anyone bought a retail copy and then been able to play, or will it not work until the 20th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

It wont work until the 20th you can input your code online now but you need Early access to play before tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Turns out none of my machines want to play the game too well, so I've put in an order for a new machine that should be available early next week. Bit of a waste of an early access pass really, but I suppose I can spend more time working out what kind of classes I want to roll.

I did manage to log in last night briefly, but the game was dog slow. Basilisk Droid looked to have a heavy queue going, doesn't bode well for general release.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Draupnir wrote: »
    Turns out none of my machines want to play the game too well, so I've put in an order for a new machine that should be available early next week. Bit of a waste of an early access pass really, but I suppose I can spend more time working out what kind of classes I want to roll.

I did manage to log in last night briefly, but the game was dog slow. Basilisk Droid looked to have a heavy queue going, doesn't bode well for general release.

Every game like this had had queues at release i would worry about it they are releasing allot of new server today , hopefully that will ease the server queues more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

jeawan wrote: »
    Every game like this had had queues at release i would worry about it they are releasing allot of new server today , hopefully that will ease the server queues more

Sure, I'm sure it will be fine. I won't be losing any sleep over it, I'd like to play on the same server as some Boardsies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Draupnir wrote: »
    Sure, I'm sure it will be fine. I won't be losing any sleep over it, I'd like to play on the same server as some Boardsies though.

I understand that man i crashed back to the queue last night three times took three hours to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

well if this game feels like kotor and has a decent narrative for the characters (ive heard its a different story for every character?) il have to buy it :D god knows how il get time to play it with skyrim mind, that game is literally sucking my life away

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

each character class has its own specific story. They're all different :)

Bioware are legends for really good storytelling in their games. This is no exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yeah ive been a fan of bioware since baulders gate, DA2 has shaken my faith in them though

Wonderful game. Currently on lvl 14, plowing through Coruscant at the minute. Love the Flashpoints and warzones, great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I assume the game comes with a months free game time or so? I dont want to have to buy the game and a €25 game card at the same time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Stupid question but I bought the boxed version in game today but i take it that I won't get early game access right?

Stev_o wrote: »
    Stupid question but I bought the boxed version in game today but i take it that I won't get early game access right?

If they gave you a pre-order code and you applied it then yes, you will get it tomorrow or Sunday

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I assume the game comes with a months free game time or so? I dont want to have to buy the game and a €25 game card at the same time!

Yes the game comes with a month free game-time BUT you will need a 60 day game card or a credit card attached to your account for it to work, similar as RIFT(from what i've heard)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,158 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So im up and going :)

Can someone give me some advice on whats the best server, what classes would ya recommend etc

Basically newbie questions

Headshot wrote: »

Can someone give me some advice on whats the best server, what classes would ya recommend etc

Quite a few of us are playing on Basilisk Droid so i'm going to suggest that there are players on imperial and republic from boards, in terms of classes i'm not too sure its up to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Headshot wrote: »

Most of us seem to be on Basilisk Droid. Depends on how you want to play, but there's a shortage on tanks and healers. Nearly everyone is going DPS as usual. Also, depends on whether you want to be a Jedi/Sith or not

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

GarethBah wrote: »
    If they gave you a pre-order code and you applied it then yes, you will get it tomorrow or Sunday

Ah i see, sadly I just got the boxed copy no extra things, would it be (long shot) on the receipt?

Ah and it begins... The queues... An hour before I get in

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

Yah alot of irish on basilisk droid, its why i rolled there. I think its worth sticking with even with the server queues. They will go over time !

As for advice play whatever you want and have fun !

Im trying all classes up to around lvl 14 to get a feel for em before I progess futher.

• Advertisement

Was playing huttball and my latency went from 35 to 150k but wasn't lagging on teamspeak, and then I got d/c :mad:

Advertisement