Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Haha this just happened to me on my new Guardian character haha

s3he6p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

You look fairly similar to Towelliee :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

good luck getting back in. 800 plus wait. gonna go to a new server and try a bounty hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Apparently the first few level 50's have appeared now 4 days before games release. I have a funny feeling there will be super large portion of the hardcore MMO fans leaving after the first sub if they v managed to already get this far in a few days. Quite sad really on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Stev_o wrote: »
    Apparently the first few level 50's have appeared now 4 days before games release. I have a funny feeling there will be super large portion of the hardcore MMO fans leaving after the first sub if they v managed to already get this far in a few days. Quite sad really on their part.

I got to level 25 in 3 or 4 days but that was SOLID play. I played for a totally stupid amount of time to be honest. I can only imagine what these lvl 50 guys must have done timewise to reach that in the 4 or 5 days early access has been open. That's insane to be honest. Level 25 was a real grind and I reached it with about 40 hours of play so these guys must literally not have stopped since launch. I vowed not to bother doing that when early access came around.

Also DONT FORGET YOUR SECURITY QUESTION ANSWERS. Biggest load of ****e having to ring an English number just to get your account unlocked. The number is always busy and you can't get through to even queue to talk to someone. Awful customer service. The online guys can't do it for you at all they just direct you to the phone number.

• Advertisement

Security Questions are the biggest load of **** in the world. The fact is the undermine the word security ! Why any company thinks it's smart to use them is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so is there many different planets? are they big open spaces or small little game areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

so is there many different planets? are they big open spaces or small little game areas?

They're very big. Bloody huge actually. The nightmare is not getting a mount until lvl 25 to get around the place faster :)

ye think this game will do well? theres pretty much endless possibilities for adding in content after release, pod racing, swoop bikes, more planets etc. could be a great game if it takes off

ye think this game will do well? theres pretty much endless possibilities for adding in content after release, pod racing, swoop bikes, more planets etc. could be a great game if it takes off

It all depends on quickly they can add content in which we have no idea how fast that will go. If they manage to get it out as fast as Rift did then there's some good hope but with the extra time it takes to do all the dialogue for quests I can imagine that any new content will be very long in the making.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, can you help me out on this a wee bit.

i was not fallowing this as after wow i lost my intrest in mmorpg. ( it was fun ride, but i am bored now )

i know its similar to WOW, but i was wondering is there sinlge player content like old wow? where if i am not interested in grinding dungoens for 5 millions time, can i still do some fun stuff in outside world? like some epic quest chains or just interesting crafting?

I want to give this a go, but i really dont want to get to wow syndrome. where i have to level up, then just grind gear in 5 mans, then just sit in SW or orgy, just because i dont have time for Raiding.

Lads, can you help me out on this a wee bit.

i was not fallowing this as after wow i lost my intrest in mmorpg. ( it was fun ride, but i am bored now )

i know its similar to WOW, but i was wondering is there sinlge player content like old wow? where if i am not interested in grinding dungoens for 5 millions time, can i still do some fun stuff in outside world? like some epic quest chains or just interesting crafting?

I want to give this a go, but i really dont want to get to wow syndrome. where i have to level up, then just grind gear in 5 mans, then just sit in SW or orgy, just because i dont have time for Raiding.

From what iv seen it looks like you could play the game without having to rely on other people since you have a companion and all that. Best thing to do is wait a month after release and you'll know better whether you want it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sepulchrave

Hi,

Have people been able to buy the game in the shops already? I have a pre order at Gamestop for the collectors edition. I was given early access on the first day, but I have not used it because I can't download 20+ gigabytes so I didn't use it. I thought it was not coming out until Tuesday 20th, but in Cork city here today I saw someone with the big collectors edition box in a Gamestop bag. Does anyone know if they are giving it out already?

Hi,

Have people been able to buy the game in the shops already? I have a pre order at Gamestop for the collectors edition. I was given early access on the first day, but I have not used it because I can't download 20+ gigabytes so I didn't use it. I thought it was not coming out until Tuesday 20th, but in Cork city here today I saw someone with the big collectors edition box in a Gamestop bag. Does anyone know if they are giving it out already?

I bought the SE in Game. They had multiple boxes out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Hi,

I picked mine up from gamestop on Tuesday morning!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I must admit to not enjoying an mmo this much since i first played wow when it was first released.
    Ive played everything releasd since but none were as good as this.
    Long way to go but so far its a superb MMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

GarethBah wrote: »
    Yes the game comes with a month free game-time BUT you will need a 60 day game card or a credit card attached to your account for it to work, similar as RIFT(from what i've heard)

So in the end Im still going to have to pay the €50 for the game and €25 for the game time. Thats bad form to be honest, but what did I expect from an MMORPG :rolleyes:. Im still going to pay it :p

by the way what are these game cards? be better than sticking a cc up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

by the way what are these game cards? be better than sticking a cc up

You buy them in Gamestop. They're exactly like the World of Warcraft game cards. Pay €25 and they give you this little scratch card with a code on it. You can top up your play time on your account with them and it gives you 60 days game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 evanbrau

Just got the game and it only has two discs in the box! D'oh. Guess I'm facing a long download.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What's the story with the escape pod on my ship?

What does it do if i use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

What's the story with the escape pod on my ship?

What does it do if i use it?
    It lets you off. Specifically, it's actually meant for other players when they are on your ship. If you go on a space mission and they want to get off, they need to use it.

just out of interest, if i got the game today would i have to wait until the 20th to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

just out of interest, if i got the game today would i have to wait until the 20th to play?

If you could blag a pre-order code you MIGHT get in on early access but at this stage Iv no idea if the shops are still given those out.

On a game note, training up skills gets very costly indeed as my only level 20 skill cost me the best part of 2.5k :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It only gets worse and fast - though at the stage you're at, you can ignore some skills that aren't great for your AC, or for how you're playing. And remember, speeder training is 40k in 5 levels!

Also, I think I heard somewhere that GAME were told to give out preorder codes to anyone who bought before the 20th, though I might have imagined it. Without one of those, you're waiting till Tuesday though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Raphael wrote: »
    It only gets worse and fast - though at the stage you're at, you can ignore some skills that aren't great for your AC, or for how you're playing. And remember, speeder training is 40k in 5 levels!

Also, I think I heard somewhere that GAME were told to give out preorder codes to anyone who bought before the 20th, though I might have imagined it. Without one of those, you're waiting till Tuesday though.

Yeah they're handing out pre-order codes. Two guildies bought it last night and were able to play.

Anyone got a link to a Merc arsenal pve dps guide? I just need to see a basic rotation or priority system

so to you guys and gals who have been playing a while, is the story good? thats all im really interested in tbh,

mmo's up until now never kept my attention all that long as ive never really felt like i had a reason to keep grinding through generic fetch quests, is this any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Its quality IMO. The voice acting keeps your attention.

Took out a world boss on Taris with 15 other lads tonight, was great fun :)

EDIT: Someone recorded it. I'm the Blue Twi'lek Arcee

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Played it for a while on Friday and Saturday, and loving it. My pc is struggling in certain areas (Coruscant for instance), but other than that it's been great. Started with a Trooper, and got him to lvl11. Really enjoyable mechanics and story, and will go back to him at some stage. Not sure i like his looks though, as i picked the 3rd body choice, and it looks pretty ridiculous at times :P

Started a Jedi Knight after that, and really enjoying it. Went Guardian, and will do some tanking later in the game, but i think i prefer it to the Trooper so far. I definitely prefer his companions (T7 and Kira so far), which is a major point for me. As well...he's a Jedi. How can i resist :P

Will probably start a Smuggler or Bounty Hunter over the next few days as well, just to see what they are like. Can anyone who has gotten further into the game (i.e. lvl20+) tell me if the story keeps it's high quality? And how similar are the stories? As in, i've seen some Troopers/Smugglers in the same area's as i'm currently in with my Knight on Coruscant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

When this wouldn't play very well on my Macbook, I got a bit impulsive and bought the components for a new rig last Friday. Fingers crossed the game works out to be half as good as it looks to me so that I can justify the spend!

Advertisement