Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Ohhhh new rig! :D

list specs? :D i love new rigs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

I'm getting long load times into alderaan and tattoine time for an SSD I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Ohhhh new rig! :D

list specs? :D i love new rigs lol

LOL! I went for a GTX560, Core i5 2500 3.3ghz, only stretched to 4gb of RAM for now to keep budget down.

I'm quite hopeful that it will handle SWTOR quite well, which is pretty much all it will be used for. I might add a bit more RAM and an SSD in the New Year.

Deliberating intently over what class to role now, thinking Trooper but not 100% yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Ry wrote: »
    I got to level 25 in 3 or 4 days but that was SOLID play. I played for a totally stupid amount of time to be honest. I can only imagine what these lvl 50 guys must have done timewise to reach that in the 4 or 5 days early access has been open. That's insane to be honest. Level 25 was a real grind and I reached it with about 40 hours of play so these guys must literally not have stopped since launch. I vowed not to bother doing that when early access came around.

Also DONT FORGET YOUR SECURITY QUESTION ANSWERS. Biggest load of ****e having to ring an English number just to get your account unlocked. The number is always busy and you can't get through to even queue to talk to someone. Awful customer service. The online guys can't do it for you at all they just direct you to the phone number.

A possible explanation: FOR THE HORDE, the world #3 WoW guild made the full switch over to this game. After playing in a partner Guild for a while I can tell you now -- those guys are insane -- and might explain why level 50's are occurring already. I guess they'd need to be on the same server though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

GarethBah wrote: »
    I'm getting long load times into alderaan and tattoine time for an SSD I think :D
    I actually built a new rig last week and by far the best part of it is the SSD. Programs open instantly and the whole OS feels 'snappier'. For SWTOR, it got rid of the annoying 'pop' when the high res textures loaded a few seconds after the low res ones.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm seriously tempted to restart my Trooper, as I really don't like the look of him. I didn't realise body number 3 had massive man breasts :pac: The body choices are a bit mad to be honest. Either that, or i'll just start a Smuggler tonight.

I really can see myself playing this for a long time though. Really enjoying the story on both characters so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Anyone download new assits when they opened the launcher today? Wonder what they contained

Blowfish wrote: »
    I actually built a new rig last week and by far the best part of it is the SSD. Programs open instantly and the whole OS feels 'snappier'. For SWTOR, it got rid of the annoying 'pop' when the high res textures loaded a few seconds after the low res ones.

Could you suggest a 64gb SSD please? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

A possible explanation: FOR THE HORDE, the world #3 WoW guild made the full switch over to this game. After playing in a partner Guild for a while I can tell you now -- those guys are insane -- and might explain why level 50's are occurring already. I guess they'd need to be on the same server though.

Most of them have alreayd moved back to WoW

They had a little huff cause they got an 8day ban (rightly so) and used " we are going to star wars" as a cheap jab at blizzard.

They've already posted a retracting statement about how they are going to push for more #1's come Mist of Pandaria, and most of their players are back on WoW, or playing both.

Its been nice to see alot of high end guilds giving swtor a shot, wonder how endgame is going to pan out in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

TheDoc wrote: »

They had a little huff cause they got an 8day ban (rightly so) and used " we are going to star wars" as a cheap jab at blizzard.

They've already posted a retracting statement about how they are going to push for more #1's come Mist of Pandaria, and most of their players are back on WoW, or playing both.

Its been nice to see alot of high end guilds giving swtor a shot, wonder how endgame is going to pan out in this.

What got them banned?

Also on a unrelated note what time does the game officially launch at (GMT)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Is anyone else getting their Light side/Dark Side, and Social titles? They're not unlocking for me, I just realised. Don't know if it's my account/char or a general thing, or if those were taken out?

GarethBah wrote: »
    Could you suggest a 64gb SSD please? :D
    I have the 128gb version of this, from reviews it combines the best of both performance and reliability in that price bracket.
    koneko wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting their Light side/Dark Side, and Social titles? They're not unlocking for me, I just realised. Don't know if it's my account/char or a general thing, or if those were taken out?
    The Dark side and pvp ones have unlocked for me, apparently I haven't been social enough to get any of those titles yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Weird, I'm on Social II and Dark Side II but haven't gotten any titles from them so far. Peculiar!
    Will see if they unlock at some stage (fingers crossed)

koneko wrote: »
    Weird, I'm on Social II and Dark Side II but haven't gotten any titles from them so far. Peculiar!
    Will see if they unlock at some stage (fingers crossed)
    I'm not sure you get any for Dark Side II, I've gotten one for III, but not II.

[edit] It seems you are actually supposed to get 'Sinister' for rank II but I'm guessing it's not working. It's odd alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Opened my CE this morning. The Malgus statue is lovely and it's all very well presented, but probably not worth the price. Are the pre-order items included in the product registration code? I didn't see any others in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

i do believe that i went up against GSX at 9pm tonight. And your team won, was it a few from Honor guard?

Omphin wrote: »
    i do believe that i went up against GSX at 9pm tonight. And your team won, was it a few from Honor guard?

I don't really queue solo because republic are pretty bad at PvP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

TheDoc wrote: »

Ah, okay guess that might explain it then :) thanks for letting me last track of the wow scene months ago .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

so when do the servers go live ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Anyone know if you buy a boxed copy are you able to choose to play EU or US servers or are you stuck playing 1 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

il have to pull myself away from skyrim to give this a go during xmas :D hopefully the gamestop in tralee has those 60 day game cards ye were on about earlier

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you buy a boxed copy are you able to choose to play EU or US servers or are you stuck playing 1 ?
    Anyone can choose either EU or US to roll on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

On the server selection screen there's a tab at the bottom to swap between US and EU, kind of cool that they're not separated by different retail copies.

Pings (during the early release time) were generally excellent, never going about 60 for me (50mb upc).

I did get some ridiculous graphical lag in whilst on the imperial fleet section, only on the last day of early release though, probably because it was crowded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Ans we're down - Early Access has officially ended. Servers go live for launch at 5am, so I'm gonna catch me some sleep!

I was gonna avoid this like the plague but im genuinely curious now, at the worst it will join my Aion/AoC and Rift boxes on a shelf :D

MMO im playing atm DAOC is pretty much dead and having to run 3 accounts to compete is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I was gonna avoid this like the plague but im genuinely curious now, at the worst it will join my Aion/AoC and Rift boxes on a shelf :D

MMO im playing atm DAOC is pretty much dead and having to run 3 accounts to compete is ridiculous

Jesus you still playing DAoC! Diehard you are Jimmy!!

Playboy wrote: »
    Jesus you still playing DAoC! Diehard you are Jimmy!!

Ya was hopping from Daoc to Eve in my spare time, you gonna try Sw:tor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Why?Are you talking about multi-boxing?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone know the retail prices for this? Getting it as a present so origin is not an option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

ShaneU wrote: »
    Anyone know the retail prices for this? Getting it as a present so origin is not an option

50 - 55 euro

Advertisement