Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Suggest a server that has a good English speaking contingent that won't require waiting 5 hours to join ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

A bit **** of Bioware asking me to pay upfront and then charge me again for a sub that I shouldn't be forced into buying in the first place. Very VERY annoyed. What a ****ing joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You don't get charged for the sub until you need it (ie after the 30 days).
    This is completely standard for MMOs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Stev_o wrote: »
    A bit **** of Bioware asking me to pay upfront and then charge me again for a sub that I shouldn't be forced into buying in the first place. Very VERY annoyed. What a ****ing joke.

First MMO? Cause that's pretty much standard in every MMO ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Oh ffs... main tank has stopped levelling or is doing it slowly due to skyrim. Others who said they were rolling tanks went to the other AC. I would've went powertech if I had known this. Only reason I didn't go powertech is I expected to be dpsing (due to so many tanks) all the time and didn't want to be a melee dps.

I'm lv24 so have to decide to continue Merc and always be pugging tanks or re-roll :/

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    First MMO? Cause that's pretty much standard in every MMO ever.

No its not. Its standard to get your first month for free and then pay from there. If you think about it , you are renting a game for 3 months for 75 euro . Its a little steep. A game thats already 4 years old for that matter.

No its not. Its standard to get your first month for free and then pay from there. If you think about it , you are renting a game for 3 months for 75 euro . Its a little steep. A game thats already 4 years old for that matter.

You do get the 1st month for free though. You don't pay anything today.

You do get the 1st month for free though. You don't pay anything today.

You pay 50 for the game and the first month is included after you pay another 25 for another 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

€45 in xtravision, €50 in gamestop

You pay 50 for the game and the first month is included after you pay another 25 for another 2 months.

What? 2 months? Don't get what you're saying. All copies of the game come with 30 days game time.

WoW came out, I went to the store, bought the retail copy, got a month free but had to put my credit card in to pay for it *after* the 1st month. You have to put the credit card/payment details in right away then too, even if you aren't going to play after the first month.

I don't see what is different about this, they're doing the exact same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

I didn't get asked to activate a credit card/game card when logging in, must be because of the grace period?

With the 2 day grace period we're essentially still in a headstart type phase. Once the grace period is up you need a full game key and a subscription method entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I just tried logging on and it's bringing me to character creation...where's my character gone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Try seeing if the correct server is selected
    or log out and log back in???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

So, just to confirm: I won't be using a credit card to pay for my sub but I will use a game card, will I have to get one of these after the grace period or in january?

How's everyone finding the PvP? Only played 2 games so far, but last night i was in the same match as a lvl50 Commando and a few lvl30+ Empire. I know my health/damage gets buffed, but at lvl11, i've absolutely no chance of doing anything to these guys.

I like the lack of queues, but i'd rather wait a few minutes and fight people at my level.

Also, I've also decided to restart my Trooper tonight. Hate how he looks, but am really enjoying the class. Only lvl12, so it'll only take me a few hours to get through it hopefully. Should have a fair amount of people levelling with me to, with launch starting today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

How's everyone finding the PvP? Only played 2 games so far, but last night i was in the same match as a lvl50 Commando and a few lvl30+ Empire. I know my health/damage gets buffed, but at lvl11, i've absolutely no chance of doing anything to these guys.

I like the lack of queues, but i'd rather wait a few minutes and fight people at my level.
    Why not? All you're losing out on is access to some later skills, what you have is just as effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sodman

Is anyone else getting the error

"this environment is currently unavailable for play. please try again later"

When they fire up the launcher, after logging in + security question?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

V9 wrote: »
    So, just to confirm: I won't be using a credit card to pay for my sub but I will use a game card, will I have to get one of these after the grace period or in january?

They've said you will need some sort of sub credit card/gamecard for your free 30 days to work so not too sure :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Ah here, after handing out 150 quid they expect me to hand out an extra 25 quid for it? Over Christmas? Ah come off it, give us our 30 days and let us pay for it then. Absolute joke.

I got a sub and it's working now... bit of a balls to have to get a sub just to use the free 30 days though!

Raphael wrote: »
    Why not? All you're losing out on is access to some later skills, what you have is just as effective.

They'd have a fair amount of extra skills though, wouldn't they? Plus their gear will give them a good increase in stats. Or is that boosted as well? I did alright, it just seemed very tough to get anyone down on my own. Plus, everyone else moved faster than me :(

I just waited two hours to join a server due to error messages while in the queue, finally get in, and then 'lost connection to server' on the character creation screen... My internet connection is fine, it definitely hasn't dropped, so I don't know wtf is wrong... Back to the start of the queue I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

They'd have a fair amount of extra skills though, wouldn't they? Plus their gear will give them a good increase in stats. Or is that boosted as well? I did alright, it just seemed very tough to get anyone down on my own. Plus, everyone else moved faster than me :(
    You get bumped up in stats. It can actually be kind of annoying as a higher level too. I'm level 32 and tank specced so should have a HP advantage, yet usually there's a bunch of level 11's running around with more HP than I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The website is still down (16:40 Tuesday).

Bit of a heap of **** if it's like this on LAUNCH DAY.

I've been playing the game since last week, currently a level 24 (prototype spec) powertech on the Legions of Lettow pvp server.

Have a big guild and it's fun so far.

I have to say the environments are a little bland and remind me of warhammer online (ie: ****) (I hear they get better).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dermighty wrote: »
    The website is still down (16:40 Tuesday).

Bit of a heap of **** if it's like this on LAUNCH DAY.
    It's been up for me all day, what's happening when you try to get on it?

I am trying to play on basalisk droid server, and randomly after a while (5-45 minutes) I get 'server disconnected' error, and have to rejoin the 30-35 minute queue for the server...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

this game really sounds amazing from the player review im reading, only thing thats annoying seems to be the server queues hopefully there running smoother when i get the game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Yeah it doesn't really matter, don't let it put you off. I've no problem taking down higher levels.
    You get access to Sprint (30% boost at all times out of combat) when you hit level 14, hang in there :)

Advertisement