Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers

Options
  • 07-12-2011 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and homer are meeting up for a few beers eat-drink-smiley-5170.gif this Friday night, 9th December and you are all more than welcome to join us.

We will be in McGinley's bar, Letterkenny around 9:30 so dont be shy and come along and buy your favourite mods a Xmas drink.

If anyone hasn't been to a beers night before and is thinking of going but is a wee bit shy perhaps about coming into a lounge looking for a group of strangers then just PM me anytime before Friday evening and I will give you my mobile number. When you get there you can give me a call or text and I can meet you outside.

I know this is a bit short notice but its just that every time we tried to arrange a beers night before we were putting up a poll for the date, for the town and for the venue. It just got too messy so its all arranged now.

We would be delighted to see you on Friday night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Will have to check with the missus, but might be there! Beer would be a good counterattack for the fillings I'll have gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Nearly tempted to head along, might be around that neck of the woods on friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Good on ya lads. It would be great if you can make it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

The more the merrier, sure what else is there to be doing on a Friday night :D

sure what else is there to be doing on a Friday night
    Learning drum rudiments :P

Hopefully a non mod comes so I don't feel inferior ;D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I would be interested in a few!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭weeginger

I don;t think I post half often enough to be eligible for beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

weeginger wrote: »
    I don't think I post half often enough to be eligible for beers.

I only found the Donegal forum a month or so back and I'm still up for it. If I'm out on Friday I'll definitely call in.
    I think maybe muffler should wear a humongous hat so the group is easily found. Thought? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

muffler wrote: »
    We will be in McGinley's bar, Letterkenny around 9:30 so dont be shy and come along and buy your favourite mods a Xmas drink.

Oh my god... is Smashey is going to be there? :p

i'll probably take a run down though :) who's bringing the sweetcorn?

I don;t think I post half often enough to be eligible for beers.
    I only found the Donegal forum a month or so back and I'm still up for it. If I'm out on Friday I'll definitely call in.
    I think maybe muffler should wear a humongous hat so the group is easily found. Thought? :p

more the merrier guys!

don't worry we only bite if its 3 in the morning and you are dressed as a hillbillys or 4 lights snack box.

There will be a tin of sweetcorn on the table we are at so we'll stand out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

I have staff night out Friday night-but am sure we'll be at least passing by McGinleys at some stage!! The one beers night I actually have off work too!!

Everyone is welcome regardless of how many posts they have or how long they have been on the forum.

I was going to say Id dress up in a Santa suit so everyone would know where to look but sure half the people in the pub could be wearing Santa suits so I'll give it a bye :D

muffler wrote: »
    I was going to say Id dress up in a Santa suit so everyone would know where to look but sure half the people in the pub could be wearing Santa suits so I'll give it a bye :D

Thats actually a really really good idea *snigger* :D

Thats actually a really really good idea *snigger* :D

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭weeginger

We've a christmas thing on tomorrow but I suspect it won't be a late one. I wonder is there a band in mcginley's ?

We've a christmas thing on tomorrow but I suspect it won't be a late one. I wonder is there a band in mcginley's ?

Usually always is ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I'm off tomorrow morning so had a few quiet beers tonight but I'll see what happens tomorrow, might end up heading out. If so then I'll definitely try and meet up at some stage :)

Any idea where you''ll be heading afterwards?

no idea, i'll pm you my number and you can text me when you are near :)

Harps wrote: »
    Any idea where you''ll be heading afterwards?

There's an afterwards to the pub???? Thought that disappeared when I was about 22!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Well I am still 22 so a night out usually doesn't end until after 3am :D

Cheers Dannie, not sure if I'll even head out yet but will give you a shout if I do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I Won't be able to make it now! Called into work but I trust you will drink my share for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Hey all. I know I'm a bit late responding, but what time is everyone looking to head down? Not sure how long I'll get down for, but would like to at least swing in for a few.

Hey all. I know I'm a bit late responding, but what time is everyone looking to head down? Not sure how long I'll get down for, but would like to at least swing in for a few.

half 9ish

Serious hospital stuff has happened, won't be out this time.

Flibbles wrote: »
    Serious hospital stuff has happened, won't be out this time.
    Oh dear. Lets hope everything works out well.

Good night then??? Might hang around a while longer next time:P

A big night last night folks. The highlight was danniemcq buying a round of drink :D

Have to say I enjoyed the craic and sincere thanks to Marge and homer for getting me home safely. :)

A few of these badges needed today...

realview.jpg?urbanword_txt=rough%20as%20a%20badger's%20arse&urbanimage_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.urbandictionary.com%2Fproducts.image.php%3Fdefid%3D1452504%26revision%3Dafebd3bc1002bfa2efb726cfd91e9f3af07a8a99

A few of these badges needed today...

realview.jpg?urbanword_txt=rough%20as%20a%20badger's%20arse&urbanimage_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.urbandictionary.com%2Fproducts.image.php%3Fdefid%3D1452504%26revision%3Dafebd3bc1002bfa2efb726cfd91e9f3af07a8a99
    But....you didn't have much to drink ;)

• Advertisement

And mcq hasn't surfaced yet. Maybe he went to England :eek:

Advertisement