Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three.ie offer in today's Irish Times

Options
  • 07-12-2011 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭

I don't normlly respond to advertising. [As far as I'm aware :)]
    Today I answered an advert in the Irish Times offering an iPhone 4S for under 70 euro if I changed over to 3.
    I was answered by some Indian sounding people who dealt with me very competently and so I went ahead with the deal.
    The main reason is I am losing business due to the crap coverage and even more crap service by Vodafone with whom I have been for over 15 years.
    The girl from 3 told me she had good coverage in my area and I took her at her word.
    Good move?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Only time will tell :pac:

If you do have coverage issues, make it known sooner rather than later

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Darragho

Hi Op,

I have Iphone 4 on 3, and also broadband dongle.

have never had any issues, have heard a few horror stories from friends but I never even had to ring them for anything so mighty happy.

Hope you have the same good service from them as I have.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

3G / Mobile Data on an iPhone is not reliable with 3, and over the last year, more often than not, hasn't worked when I wanted to use it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The girl from 3 told me she had good coverage in my area and I took her at her word.
    Good move?

Christ :( Noooooooo! They have "good coverage" everywhere they say but the mast had better be visible from your house.

Be ready to reverse port off them within 7 days 'cooling off' except they will probably deliver the phone after 8 days. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The girl from 3 told me she had good coverage in my area and I took her at her word
    That reads to me as if she was saying she had personal experience in your area ( correct me if I'm wrong)

3 customer care are in Mumbai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

Thanks gang.

Mixed reviews.

Fingers crossed.

Will keep you all posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

Quick extra question.
    I have elected to keep my old number.
    When the new phone arrives I will obviously want to check it out as soon as possible.
    I don't want to cancel my old number and service with Vodafone until I'm sure the new setup will be an improvement.
    Can I use the same phone number over two separate networks for a short period while I evaluate my options?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Quick extra question.
    I have elected to keep my old number.
    When the new phone arrives I will obviously want to check it out as soon as possible.
    I don't want to cancel my old number and service with Vodafone until I'm sure the new setup will be an improvement.
    Can I use the same phone number over two separate networks for a short period while I evaluate my options?

It will be an improvement, if your going to do it put both feet in. You can't have the same number active on both networks at the same time, it's not possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Unless you know what Three coverage is like, save yourself the hassle and back out. Three's customer service is attrocious, by far the most frustrating thing you will ever face.

You have a 14-day money back guarantee but ONLY if Three agree you have coverage issues.

Awful, awful, awful, awful, AWFUL company to deal with.

Also, bear in mind, they use Vodafone for backup to their own 3G network. If your Vodafone service is poor, you'll probably not get much better from Three, at least for indoor coverage.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Would distance selling now allow the buyer a cooling off period, regardless of coverage or lack therein?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

byte wrote: »
    Would distance selling now allow the buyer a cooling off period, regardless of coverage or lack therein?

Yes. In general, in distance selling the customer has a seven day cooling off period in which to cancel, starting from the date of delivery. The customer does not have to give any reason for cancelling.

Kensington wrote: »
    Awful, awful, awful, awful, AWFUL company to deal with.

I've been with O2, Vodafone and now Three over the years. They can all be awful to deal with, but I wouldn't say Three is any worse than the other two.

Advertisement