Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold Forum

Options
  • 07-12-2011 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

I noticed that there is now only one Mod for the Golf Forum and was wondering if there was plans to appoint another.

There are a couple of threads, particularly in relation to professional golf, that have descended into rubbish with off topic posts and personal jibes. There are also a couple of obvious WUM threads and posters. Its nothing too serious but it is taking away from the forum as a whole, where there are many good posters.

I am a frequent reader but only a sporadic poster on this forum so I'm not sure of the full ins and outs but I would think that the appointment of another Mod would sort out the problems.

Cheers :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

SSK wrote: »
    ... Golf Forum...
    Looks like I can put away my mining gear then.

I am disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Looks like I can put away my mining gear then.

I am disappoint.

:o

My apologies, obviously I meant the golf forum...although if you want to petition for a gold forum you'll get a +1 from me :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

No forum should have only one mod and when it's pointed out the Cmods go looking for a second one. In case they haven't seen this one I'll ping them (if you'll excuse the pun :D) to let them know.

As for the issues you mention - the McIlroy thread is a trainwreck and there are posts reported which should be dealt with. Mods are volunteers and Greebo may not have been available to deal with them. Which is why there should be more than one mod of course.

However, the only other reported posts recently have been spammers who are treated with extreme prejudice by the admins.

Even the "I want to be a pro" thread - which I assume is the WUM you are referring to - has no reported posts - seriously not one. Mods don't/can't read every thread. We rely on people like yourself to report posts/threads that are breaking the charter or just being dicks. So please report any that should be reported. That said - that particular thread is actually a fairly good one despite the OP and the people feeding him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

SSK wrote: »
    I noticed that there is now only one Mod for the Golf Forum and was wondering if there was plans to appoint another.

We like to make sure that all forums on this site have two or more Mods.
    Report any posts off topic for now, the CMod will be alerted.

I will also bring it to the CMods attention that a second Mod is required.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement