Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellingham Blue Cheese

Options
  • 07-12-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Saw this cheese on Local Heroes and would like to try it - anyone know where it is available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Castlebellingham?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

This is the contact info for the people who make Bellingham Blue but I don't know how up to date it is.

Tel: (042) 937 2343
    Fax: (042) 937 2343

E-mail: glydefarm@eircom.net

Glyde Farm Produce
    Mansfield
    Castlebellingham
    Co Louth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Couldn't resist adding this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

zac8 wrote: »
    Saw this cheese on Local Heroes and would like to try it - anyone know where it is available?

Artisan Foods on Stockwell lane sell it.
    I know my local Dunnes (Colpe Cross) don't sell it or Cashel Blue, they stock some French brand.:(

I prefer the Castle Bellingham Blue to the Cashel Blue. If you do go to Artisan Foods try the Mossfiled Cheese as well, very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Super Quinn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Thanks for that. I didn't know about that shop on stockwell lane. I'll check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭positron

I love cheese, and would be great if I could buy cheese that was made locally. However, blue might be a bit too strong for me (I am guessing, I don't know). Anyone know if there are any milder cheeses produced locally? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

whelan1 wrote: »

I forgot about them. Met him before, nice man.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Dunny! wrote: »
    Castlebellingham?

Now will ye just stop confusing things.... dont ye know its " Bellguoom" to the locals !:D

Wish they would introduce some way of demostrating local dialects here !

Like a bit of cheese myself, will give it a go if i come across it !

• Advertisement
Advertisement