Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is everyone getting their pets for Christmas? :)

• 07-12-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry if there is a thread on this already, but I was just wondering what everyone is getting their pets for Christmas? (I'm hoping for some inspiration!)

So far I've bought a Kong for my uncle's puppy (my weekend pup :) ), and am planning on getting my kitties a bottle of cat milk and a box of treats each. I also found this online and am considering topping up the 3V card to order it, I'd say it'll be perfect for those times that the cats are home alone!
    http://www.firebox.com/product/2779/FroliCat-DART

Anyone else have their gifts bought/planned? :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

getting bruno (bull terrier) alot of squeaky toys even though it drives us mad he loves them, new blanket, new rope toys and a throw over to keep him warm.

scully (mix breed) new blanket, soft teddys, toys

rory (beardie) new rock, locus , new feed bowl, maybe a new background.

Jalapeno (frilled dragon) new climbing objects and grub

Fish maybe new plants for their tanks.

Jesus thats more stuff people buy their kids :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

New Snugglesafe & Blanket for the dog

Camouflage G.I Cat Catnip toy & Stocking for the cat!

If we were a bit more flush this year there would be more stuff bought too. They are family :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

The usual chew toys and treats, stocking fillers etc. but I also got a little outfit each and my boyfriend would KILL me if he knew but he won't know til they're in them on Christmas day!:D Got them for 1.50-3euro each in pennys I generally hate clothes on dogs but it's just for one day and it's only a bit of fun and they're sooo cute!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

If you think those outfits are bad on dogs, you should have seen my parents faces when the cats came out in them last year! Not impressed ( the parents and the cats) :D but great value in pennies just for the day thats in it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Id prob get my JRT a few teddy's, for some reason she gets great fun out of watching them suffer lol a new blanket her old one was there since she was a ball of pup fat little thing she was. and a new set of tennis balls(neighbors cat keeps stealing them)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Well I just got a pet stop voucher from pigsback so I'll take him over and get some bits and pieces. He's still restricted from having an operation so we have to limit which toys he can play with so he doesn't go mad and hurt himself - I may just get him some nice treaties!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

My two are getting everlasting treat thingys that I picked up in the US in September! Collar for Millie and Bandana for Max as well. Couple of teddies each and balls on ropes. Plus, my daughter moved to Canada in August and she has sent them some lovely things - including two doggy Santa hats that are really cute!

O - also hoping to get a Furminator for them to try and cut down on a couple of floor sweeps a day:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

A Christmas stocking from smyths and a new feeding bowl from permania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

A cork each for their b*ms,My god they are rotten hehehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

boxerly wrote: »
    A cork each for their b*ms,My god they are rotten hehehe

:pac:

Shazanne I got one of those everlasting things and it lasted all of 30 seconds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

I've got my Golden Cocker Jake a squeeky chicken (Aldi) and a furry squeaky toy shaped like a suitcase (Maxi Zoo). I bought him a new coat this week, so that was part of his pressies too :) For my Granny's dog (and 3 others) I have bought them a box of Bonios, and a Christmas stocking each, plus I'm knitting my Grannys dog a scarf at the moment! I'm a bit mad so I ordered some calendars from Vistaprint with his photo on every month, so I'm giving one to my parents and one to my bro-in-law. (not to mention the Jake cup I got this week, and the Jake Christmas cards!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I got a load of things in Aldi when they had their pet specials a few weeks back, christmas stockings, rubber balls, squeaky toys.

I also got Pedigree Jumbones in Tesco, they were 2 for €3, I never normally buy them and tend to give them pigs ears but hey it's their christmas treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I find the jumbones are gone in seconds :-( My 4 love pigs ears too but on xmas day they get parma ham bones. Lasts them the whole day :D

There's a new place in Sandyford and they're having a money off thing on Royal Canin food this weekend so I'm heading over to stock up on food and will get santa paws pressies while I'm there.

None of them are in to balls or ropes so they'll all get a teddy or a rubber toy in their stocking. Out of the 4 dogs, it's my little terrier who loves teddies and squeaky stuff so it's hard finding something she can't kill!

The cats are getting new kong danglers which they love and will spray cat nip everywhere so they can chill out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

Left the dogs into Positive Dog Training in Sandyford yesterday for the first time and OMG got home and none of them moved for the night they had a great time and it was great to see pictures and videos of them going up during the day.

Maybe treat them to a day of fun while you are in work will definitely be leaving them over there again.

But I did pick up the dogs and cats a few toys - got the dogs toys that they keep squeaking even after their have bite through them so looking forward to seeing how they go down there is no stuffing in them so won't walk in to a snow covered floor...it looks like a gecko or something. Also got them a snake that has a few squeaks in it (my husband is going to kill me :P)

Got the cats a kickaroo with cat nip so that will go down a treat will have cats all happy christmas morning - got them their applaws but thats a weekly treat for them :D

Was going to get their food there last night but the girls told me to hang on till Saturday as they have someone from Royal Canin coming over and there will be money off so fair play to them will save me some money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Meow_Meow

My cat is a Persian, and Muslims don't celebrate Christmas ;)
    I actually think the little guy hates Christmas, since he's been attacking the tree non-stop ever since we put it up and ripping the poor ole Santa heads from its branches!
    His present usually comes in turkey-form, though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

haha Irish Lassie - I thought I was special when you told me about this place and now I see you're telling everyone :-( They better have those toys you were telling me about left or Petal won't be speaking to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

LOL I did give in and give my lot one last night and so far despite Sheba's best intentions she hasn't managed to stop it squeaking.....tell Petal she can come down and play and say hello to all the cats and I promise to get Winnie to say hello lol :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

JJ will be getting a new collar. He's been without one for a while now (always losing them), so I think it's time! I did see a fancy/hilarious one with a tie, I think he'll need that for Christmas dinner ;) And then a standard one for the rest of the time.

I never knew Kong made cat toys, definitely going to try get one! Anyone know if the petshop in Blanchardstown has them, or any city centre shop? Won't get anywhere else to check.

Saw a doggy scarf that I might get for the BF's hound, she'll look great in it, along with her antlers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Got my girls pressies early from petcosy.ie fully insulated kennels (according to hubby that counts as my pressie too) they'll all get leftover xmas din dins that's gonna have to do them this year. Might get to foster a pup over the xmas so a playmate the right size for our Pap to play with is enough for him, he's desperate for someone little to play with.
    Hope to get the cockatiel a new clam shell shaped perch but if not by xmas as soon as possible afterward..he'll get some digestive biccys and rice krispies as a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

So far for my three girlies I have their three Christmas jumpers to wear on Christmas day, an advent calendar full of dog treats which their using already, squeaky pink snowman, squeaky Rudolph two ropes and tennis balls, just have to get some Smackos dog treats, Haha god I've just read that I think I've bought them more then I have for my fiancé !!! Tee hee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Kajemo wrote: »
    So far for my three girlies I have their three Christmas jumpers to wear on Christmas day, an advent calendar full of dog treats which their using already, squeaky pink snowman, squeaky Rudolph two ropes and tennis balls, just have to get some Smackos dog treats, Haha god I've just read that I think I've bought them more then I have for my fiancé !!! Tee hee

I got my boy one of those advent calenders too :) I'll be getting him a new bed, some stuffed toys to tear up and a few treats

I also found out my Mom is going to be doing a santa sock for her Grandog :P

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Glad I'm not the only one who went mad on the xmas prezzies :D Juno is getting a box of stuff from zooplus, waiting on it to arrive he he, which includes a new Kong black extreme bone, which will hopefully last longer than the usual 5 mins her toys live for! Also got her a few filled bones, and jars of treats, 2 bags of tennis balls from the 2euro shop (no point getting her decent ones, they only last a minute, max!). She also got spoiled yesterday in Blanch and has every fleece blanket from Penneys, coz she left most of her old ones out in the rain and now they're frozen solid!! Plus she is spoiled from family members and is up to 4 xmas stockings at last count :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Dealz in Blanch have bags of cat toys for e1.50, and those fishing rod type cat toys too.
    They also have me kittys fav food - gourmet gold cans - 3 for 1.50, so thats my lot looked after.
    Sometimes royal canin have cool freebies - i'll check it out later, on a bit of a budget this xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭whippetgood

ah this is so cute reading all the gift ideas, thats a lot of happy furry folk!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

My Lab mix is getting an invincible snake....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRw0-bhewHg&feature=share

and a glow in the dark chuck it ball for the park

And my beagle is getting some tasty filled tripe bones as she doesn't do toys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I'd be shot if I brought home any more toys for my girl so this year she's getting a new bowl! She'll get lots of turkey treats on xmas day as well no doubt.

http://www.boots.com/en/Celia-Birtwell-Dog-Bowl_1220079/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

My two dogs so far have

2 new kongs
    2 new frisbees
    2 new teddy bears
    2 new water and wind proof coats
    2 new balls
    new snuggle pads (but we gave them early as it was so cold)
    a treat filled christmas stocking each, and I think I might just get them something else

I think they might be a bit spoilt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

no idea what to get the cat.. has anyone any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

No one buying this, then?

dogsexdoll2.jpg

http://www.hotdollfordog.com/

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

CamperMan wrote: »
    no idea what to get the cat.. has anyone any suggestions?

Cats are fussy, I remember buying my old cat toys but she was never interested in them.

However if I left a straw on the ground she would spend all day swiping at it, rolling it, flicking it in the air. Same with the rings you get off milk bottles!!

Advertisement