Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Tablet any suggestions please

Options
  • 07-12-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi all , hoping for some suggestions for an internet tablet for my daughter for xmas , deffo cant afford an ipad but seems theres some much cheaper ones around
    im fairly bad at technical stuff so what im hoping for is somethin easily set up (i have broadband in the hse ) weather i need it for android i dont know ! sorry
    basically she will want to , play games , youtube , facebook , use apps , watch movies etc
    ive heard of the epad but reading reviews its not doing to well on the apps or wifi.
    any help very much appreciated , bare in mind its her first computer so dont want to spend more than about 150 or so
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

I have a similar problem....2 lads who want tablets....and they all seem to be around €350 to €680. Then I went to www.Komplett.ie and found the Yarvik which looks quite impressive on spec and for between €155 to €176. The capacitive screen is much more responsive than the resistive version imho. Check it out although the name may put you off, it does look quite god on the videos. check it put on youtube....I got the Tab450 but it wont be in until January.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

Thanks so much for the reply , all she wants os facebook , youtube etc , just dunno if these cheap(ish) ones on adverts , ebay etc will be compatible with my eircom broadband , im soooo lost at this stage , just wanna get somethin decent for her but not over 150 as its a surprise so shes not expectin anythin like this , ill check that site out but need its for xmas so kinda desperate at this stage

Advertisement