Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Design on New Irish Punt notes

• 08-12-2011 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

So it looks like the Euro may be going down the tubes and we may be forced into issuing the good old Punt.

It wouldn't be much fun to just reissue the same old notes with the same old faces.

We should vamp it up and add the faces of those responsible for bringing the new currency into existence. And one of the wonderful quotes of those great people.

The 5 punt note could have a picture of the smiling Bertie Ahern. Quote beside him " I don't know why people negative on the economy don't go commit suicide"

The 10 punt note could have a picture of that wonderful human being Roddy Molloy. The quote beside him " I am entitled to fly first class. My wife traveled at no additional cost to the state."

The 20 punt note could have Cowen with his favourite phrase " I don't accept that."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

A penguin on a hoverboard.

Edit: wearing a scarf, woolly hat and sunglasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

derp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

"we have turned a corner....and ended up in rape alley"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

What? Notes should have images of people we're proud of, and landmarks that are recognisable. Why would you want to have people who ****ed up the country on our currency? It seems a bit... oh... oooooooooooh! I see what you're doing now, I see what you're doing! It's a joke right? I get jokes.

Funny stuff OP, funny stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

think outside the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

One should be a drawing of Enda shitting on the face of Angela Merkel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I wish the economy would just **** off myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

brummytom wrote: »
    One should be a drawing of Enda shitting on the face of Angela Merkel

Essen mein Scheisser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Desire2

Might it not be better to call the new currency 'The CNUTS' ?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

The same design as Monopoly money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

A picture of a slice of processed cheese on one side of the note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

Given average public sector pay is still an amazing 48,000 per year, despite the cuts, according to www.cso.ie .....there should be a picture of a public servant on it in honour of all the work the average public servant does in keeping money in the economy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

All notes should feature a map of Ireland (well, the 26 counties...) with the following features, amongst others, highlighted:

1. The several ports we rent to the US,

2. The Irish Nationalised Gas Line,

3. The National Torture Centre for those Politicos found guilty of corruption,

4. The National Centres for Fish Processing,

5. The National Monument celebrating our future in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 paul the great

We should create thousands of different designs for each note including loads of rare ones and one off designs. At least that way they might have some value as collectors items after our new/old currency drops in value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

You have more chance of winning the lotto than us leaving the euro.

billybudd wrote: »

lotto is evens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭creeper1

We should create thousands of different designs for each note including loads of rare ones and one off designs. At least that way they might have some value as collectors items after our new/old currency drops in value

Interesting. The punt would then hold the same value as pokemon cards. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why print anything new? Let everyone else go back to their own currencies and we can stick to useing the Euro as our own.Free money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

creeper1 wrote: »
    So it looks like the Euro may be going down the tubes and we may be forced into issuing the good old Punt.

It wouldn't be much fun to just reissue the same old notes with the same old faces.

We should vamp it up and add the faces of those responsible for bringing the new currency into existence. And one of the wonderful quotes of those great people.

The 5 punt note could have a picture of the smiling Bertie Ahern. Quote beside him " I don't know why people negative on the economy don't go commit suicide"

The 10 punt note could have a picture of that wonderful human being Roddy Molloy. The quote beside him " I am entitled to fly first class. My wife traveled at no additional cost to the state."

The 20 punt note could have Cowen with his favourite phrase " I don't accept that."

Issued by Anglo Irish Bank I trust. . .

I promise to pay the bearer on demand
    the sum of a lifetime of debt. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

The fiver should have the Dutch Gold man with his keg...

pmcmahon wrote: »
    lotto is evens?

Yeah if your easily manipulated by the bookies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

billybudd wrote: »

Nobody said anything about leaving the euro. If the euro fails and collapses it will be leaving us.

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Nobody said anything about leaving the euro. If the euro fails and collapses it will be leaving us.

It wont though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

What are the chances of the euro or the dollar collasping?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

about three fidy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

I think neither. will.. wanna bet? in dollars/euros?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

creeper1 wrote: »

Didn't some guy already do this last week? It was in lots of papers. He drew the notes and they had faces like Ahern, McCreevy, Cowen, Drumm and Fitzpatrick? Or are you that artist and just looking to talk about it some more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Michelle Smith for the fivers
    Stephen Gately for the tens
    Gerry Ryan 20s
    Bertie 50s
    Eamonn Dunphy for the tons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Terry wrote: »

I really think it's time to update the euro notes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

pmcmahon wrote: »
    I really think it's time to update the euro notes.
    I really think it's time people stopped thinking that the Euro is going to collapse.
    It's a shame that even after the News Of The World scandal, Rupert Murdoch and his anti-Euro stance still influences people in this country.

I actually find it funny that people who are so anti-Europe are so willing to listen to the propaganda created by an Australian who claims Israeli citizenship and operates mostly in the U.S.

Rupert Murdoch.
    Seriously. Look it up.
    He's an Australian Jew whose majority interests lie in the U.S. markets.
    The Euro is a threat to his media empire, so he is trying his best to destroy it.

Sky News won't tell you that because he still has a large share in BskyB.

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    I really think it's time people stopped thinking that the Euro is going to collapse.
    It's a shame that even after the News Of The World scandal, Rupert Murdoch and his anti-Euro stance still influences people in this country.

I actually find it funny that people who are so anti-Europe are so willing to listen to the propaganda created by an Australian who claims Israeli citizenship and operates mostly in the U.S.

Rupert Murdoch.
    Seriously. Look it up.
    He's an Australian Jew whose majority interests lie in the U.S. markets.
    The Euro is a threat to his media empire, so he is trying his best to destroy it.

Sky News won't tell you that because he still has a large share in BskyB.
    i just meant the note in general should be updated...

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭ThePower11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

people who are saying that the euro wont collapse are right....... because this country and our ball-less govt prefer to pay back the banks of germany and france for their failed gambling on our economy... I have said now, many times, we can use the threat of bringing down the euro/EC if they dont cut us a much much better deal..

(on topic) Irish ancient monuments and historical figures that led us to our independence should feature on the notes and coins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

IF the punt was re created whose face would you put on the fiver, tenner etc??

On another thread it was suggested Brian Cowan on the penny, because he made us penniless!!

I think Mary mcAleese on the fifty!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

what everyone else said in the other thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I'd make sure Wolfe Tone was on there somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Georgia Salpa's arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

Father Jack Hackett = 100
    Father Ted Crilly = 50
    Father Dougal Maguire = 20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

Sitec wrote: »
    Georgia Salpa's arse.

I think you'll find that would look better on my face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Hard to pick! De Valera? Collins? Proclamation and signatories?

Would they be proud of the position we got ourselves into?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Bertie Ahern with a big smug ****eating grin on every note so we never forget who ****ed us six ways from sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Brendan Behan on the £10
    William Rowan Hamilton on the £20
    Adolf Hitler on the £50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

maiden wrote: »
    On another thread it was suggested Brian Cowan on the penny, because he made us penniless!!

Wait a minute.

If you know there was another thread, why did you start this one?

• Advertisement
Advertisement