Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian working holiday visa

Options
  • 08-12-2011 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hi
    I just applied for working holiday visas for my boyfriend and i last night!! i applied on the australian governments website http://www.immi.gov.au instead of using visa first etc as i got information from here saying they were overpriced etc... it cost $270 in australian dollars each!! i applied at around half 7 in the evening and was approved before 8pm!! i am just wondering is this usual as part of the email i recieved says "You will not have a visa label placed in your passport when travelling to Australia as your visa is recorded electronically in Australia's visa systems. It is recommended that you print and keep a copy of this advice for your personal records".......i am just wondering is this usual as i thought i must have a visa label or something onmy passport to say i have a visa!! im just afraid ive done something wrong and i dont want o be turned away in sydney airport :) any info guys will be appreciated!!! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

It's an electronic visa so all you need is your passport. Bring a copy of the confirmation with you in case of any queries at immigration (highly unlikely btw).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Like it says on the tin. Electronic visas are stored on the computer, most australian visas are like this now a days if you come from an ETA country.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If explains why you don't need one in the same sentance thats tells you you won't ahve one.

Advertisement