Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone teach in a gaa hall?

• 08-12-2011 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi

The hall I teach in is that bit too small for the class so I'm thinking again of the local GAA hall. The last time I enquired a few years ago it was an insurance nightmare... A new thing had come into place with their insurance requiring almost tripple insurance cover...
    Does anyone train in a GAA hall? I'm just wondering if things have changed at all in this regard. I want to get an idea before I ask the guy who runs the hall to check it out and go through it all again. (lovely old guy n I don't want to put him through the hassel if its a non runner)...

Tnks

P.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

patjunfa wrote: »
    Hi

The hall I teach in is that bit too small for the class so I'm thinking again of the local GAA hall. The last time I enquired a few years ago it was an insurance nightmare... A new thing had come into place with their insurance requiring almost tripple insurance cover...
    Does anyone train in a GAA hall? I'm just wondering if things have changed at all in this regard. I want to get an idea before I ask the guy who runs the hall to check it out and go through it all again. (lovely old guy n I don't want to put him through the hassel if its a non runner)...

Tnks

P.
    When was the last time? There was a thing a few years back where everyone renting had to pay a supplement on the gaa insurance plus their own insurance. That wasn't working for any party so now each club covers additional renting costs.

It was a scam I think. In any case things have changed about 2-3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭patjunfa

oh, cool tnks, good to hear.. it was about 2-3 years ago. My insurance is with an english crew, think I pay about €120 r so for €6.5 million cover..I could have it brought up to €13M for not much more. The Irish crew who I used to have insurance with (think was €300-400) could have covered me for an additional €200 onto their already high price.

"so now each club covers additional renting costs"- what additional costs are there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

What I meant was that GAA clubs pay the additional premium now, and have the option of passing the cost on to their renters. All of this is just as I understand it from my own experience, there's probably more to it.

Advertisement