Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another How To Dye Hair Thread...

• 08-12-2011 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Want my hair looking like this

red-hair-color-help-21336908.jpg

At the moment I have brown hair, quite dark. I really don't want to have to dye it blonde first, is there any other way? Plus should I go for Stargazer or XXL?

Is there a semi-pernament that would give me a brightish red colour?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Colour like that doesnt really come through on dark hair unless you've lightened it first.

The Swarzkopf XXL has a bit of peroxide in it so that will lighten your hair somewhat. It's a permanent dye though. No semi permanent will give you any lightening in colour without being prelightened first.

You dont necessarily have to go proper blonde though, it would be less damaging to lift it up to an orangey colour (would look absolutely rotten) but the dye would cover it anyway. The only thing is you'd have to reapply on the roots and to get the same colour, youd have to lift the roots too before you dye them.

Red is so much effort but I miss mine :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Would this work?

http://www.livecolor.com/products/colourintense/red-passion-43/

It says it should go to dark red from a dark brown, anyone tried it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Thats the stuff I was talking about, Swarzkopf XXL. As I said, it has a lightner in it so you will get a lift out of it. Its permanent though, but if you go back to your normal colour it will be darker, so you will be able to just dye over it. You might have a bit of a reddish tone to it in the sun, but nothing too noticeable.

Its handy stuff that XXL stuff. I used it all the time and im utterly useless with hair stuff but my hair was short at the time. You have to redo it every 4-6 weeks to stop it looking faded though.

I wouldn't recommend Shwartzkopf XXL at all.

I used the midnight red on blonde hair.. yano.. assuming it would come out red since my hair was blonde .. but .. it came out purple. :confused:

And permanent? Yes, I'm aware it does say so on the box.. but this colour runs like crazy!

And, red is one of the hardest colours to keep.. so expect to be re-dying your hair every month or so, at the least.

If you want a vibrant colour, I would recommend getting a bleach bath.. its not so severe on your hair and it will strip the colour allowing you to add the red and have it come out brighter then it would, on your already dark hair.

Also, stargazer is a no no.. their products are low quality and will do nothing for your hair, especially yours being dark.

Feria by l'oreal paris do a range of hair dyes that come quite vibrant.. better imo then shwartzkopf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Stargazer doesn't really have an affect on darker hair, you might get a very, very slight hue of red but that would be it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im also thinking of going this colour aswell!

Im natural red head so im not too sure as to how this will turn out in my hair?

will it be darker or light?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

You said you have dark hair 'at the moment'?

Is is dyed dark or is that your natural hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

My hair is this colour -

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/378502_10150421403159158_729454157_8238924_318712181_n.jpg

mind you, that's when a bright flash is being put on it. It's dyed hair.

Advertisement