Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are gardaí drug tested?

• 08-12-2011 1:34am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2

Sorry if this has been answered before, i asked the googlemachine but all i got were results pertaining to gardái introducing road side drug tests :/

So are working gardaí drug tested? Not as in new recruits but guards already working. If so how often?

Any info is helpful, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Geansai

Skipping over the obvious question of "why do you want to know...", but as far as I am aware, the only drug testing is on initial application.

Potentially, within the force there may be courses which require a medical, but there is no periodic and random drug test as in the Defense Forces.

There may be other people on this site who know more than me though, and I'll bow to their superior knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Op since you are posing this question in Garda Recruitment, I can only assume it is your intention to apply for AGS.
    If you are worried about drug testing within the force, then I think we can all agree it is not the job for you.
    It's certainly not a question for this forum.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement