Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Sims

Options
  • 08-12-2011 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

So heres the story and it's a complicated one so bear with me.

I just got my new iPhone today from three, I am still under contract with meteor for the next two months, I want to take my number with me however seeing as the meteor sim is still under contract I think it may as well be used, I was going to give it to my mother and let her use it for the two months.

However there will be no number on the meteor sim, could my mother port her number over to the meteor sim and then I port my number from the meteor sim over to the three sim or would my number be lost. I have done nothing as of yet so would really appreciate some guidance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I assume meteor won't port your number if its under contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

meoklmrk91 wrote: »

I just got my new iPhone today from three....

I'd hang on to that Meteor SIM for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

meoklmrk91 wrote: »

I just got my new iPhone today from three....

I'd hang on to that Meteor SIM for a while.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056079085

I had a loads of problems with Three and their half network, as many others are experiencing now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you ported your number from Meteor to 3 the meteor account is now closed and there's a final bill on the way to you from meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I've been with 3 for the last year with their internet, never had a bit of bother. I guess I'm lucky though, meteor however tricked me into signing an 18 month contract when I was only supposed to be signing a 12 month.

Advertisement