Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exploding lightbulb

• 08-12-2011 7:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, not sure if this is the right place!

Switched on the bathroom light last night and bang! The light bulb exploded and the glass went everywhere. It kinda popped really. The light is just a regular 100 watt bulb you'd see in most houses.

Later when I unscrewed the what was left of the bulb (the metal bit), it was all brown, almost rust like - although the socet itself in the ceiling looks clean and fine.

Any ideas as to why this would happen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

wb wrote: »
    Hi folks, not sure if this is the right place!

Switched on the bathroom light last night and bang! The light bulb exploded and the glass went everywhere. It kinda popped really. The light is just a regular 100 watt bulb you'd see in most houses.

Later when I unscrewed the what was left of the bulb (the metal bit), it was all brown, almost rust like - although the socet itself in the ceiling looks clean and fine.

Any ideas as to why this would happen?

probably due to moisture.

Light fittings in bathrooms are supposed to be enclosed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Was just going to post a similar topic. I have a 3 bulb light fitting in the hallway that twice recently has had bulbs go with a loud bang that takes the fuse with it (old milk bottle type). What would cause this ?

Advertisement