Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple 12 days of christmas app

• 08-12-2011 8:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Check out the 12 Days of Christmas app and receive a gift from iTunes every day from 26 December to 6 January. #12days. In the store now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yup, mixed bag last year. Some good stuff (Imelda Mae) and some complete sh1te - Cheryl Cole videos :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Coldplay: London 2012 free today. 3 tracks & 3 videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

They tend to have a little something for everybody. Last year the chud included a song by someone called Pixie Lott, but for us classic film geeks, there was a copy of Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Be careful with today's (Dec 27th) download, it's a version of the 'Broken Sword' game and it's almost 700MB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭molliesassy

I'm not getting the broken sword offer :( I'm being offered Top Gear but when I try to get it from itunes it says its currently not available in Ireland. Is anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I'm not getting the broken sword offer :( I'm being offered Top Gear but when I try to get it from itunes it says its currently not available in Ireland. Is anyone else getting this?

If you change the store to UK is it free there? Seen on their facebook other people having the same problem.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Mr.S wrote: »
    What have you got to be careful about exactly:confused:

If your getting at the big download...it won't let you download over 3G as its over 20mb?

It will let you download via iPad if tethered via 3G on your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭eg6 vtec

im getting this all morning :(
    Your request could not be completed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Downloaded Broken Sword just now. Played a while, looks good.

• Advertisement

If you search for the broken sword game on iTunes you can download it for free anyway but I'm still confused as to why I haven't been offered it in the 12 days app. My daughter was offered broken sword on her iPad and she's registered in Ireland!
    Nava, what is the address of the Facebook page you refer to please? Tried searching but there are too many apple pages

If you search for the broken sword game on iTunes you can download it for free anyway but I'm still confused as to why I haven't been offered it in the 12 days app. My daughter was offered broken sword on her iPad and she's registered in Ireland!
    Nava, what is the address of the Facebook page you refer to please? Tried searching but there are too many apple pages

The Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/AppStore is you Itunes account for Ireland or UK?

Account is in Ireland and so is my daughter's so can't figure why she's getting different offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

you can always click recomend to a friend and email the link to yourself. doesnt fi the problem, but you can get the app

Mr.S wrote: »
    What have you got to be careful about exactly:confused:

I was in my sister's house in a rural part of the country, speedtest.net claimed her broadband speed was 1Mb/sec so I waited until I got home where I have UPC 25 Mb/sec which speedtest.net says is 21 Mb/sec and it downloaded in a few minutes.

I meant that people on a slow link shouldn't attempt such a large download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I've got offered Top Gear?! :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

kmart6 wrote: »
    I've got offered Top Gear?! :confused:

That's what UK users get offered. If you live in Ireland and are getting this then it means your region settings are wrong.

Settings > General > International > Region format. Select Ireland.

Hmmm well I'm in America so might see what they've been offered to see if its better!

Turns out this is only for Europe and Canada!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Lady gaga marry the night! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

biko wrote: »
    Downloaded Broken Sword just now. Played a while, looks good.

It is, and so is its prequel. They're some of the great point-and-click adventures from the 90s (I think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Next week they'll issue a press release saying how many new users have installed iBook - throwing out free books helps boost the numbers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

coylemj wrote: »
    Next week they'll issue a press release saying how many new users have installed iBook - throwing out free books helps boost the numbers!

The latest version of iBooks is very good. Great PDF/iBook reader and has a proper store now in Ireland as well.

Looks like in UK they are giving The Redbreast
    by Jo Nesbø
    as part of the 12 days of xmas.

After being offered Sonic & SEGA All Star racing today!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

kmart6 wrote: »
    After being offered Sonic & SEGA All Star racing today!

It is pretty crap, a waste of over 200MB!

Yeah figured that out pretty quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Stinicker wrote: »
    It is pretty crap, a waste of over 200MB!

not if you are 2! my two year old loves it,

in fact most of the giveaways so far have been great for her between this and the lion king! :pac:

• Advertisement

David Guetta Party Mix for me today!

Advertisement