Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reloading update

Options
  • 08-12-2011 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Dont know if this has been posted already but I just thought I'd share what I just read for those of ye who'd be interested..

The Explosives Bill proposes to repeal the Explosives Act 1875 in its entirety and replace it with a modern statutory framework for the control of the manufacture, importation, storage, transport, possession, acquisition and supply of explosives for legitimate civil uses. I can inform the Deputy that the Bill is currently on the “B list” of the Government’s legislative programme. However, as drafting is at an advanced stage, it is envisaged that the Bill may be ready for publication in the coming legislative session.
    - Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Alan Shatter)

taken from http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2011/11/22/00327.asp

Then again after the budget its pretty clear what the word of our government is worth....:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats great to have that information. Not sure if its good or bad news though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The new Dail legislative programme announced today says that the Explosives bill is slated for publication in mid-2012; and there's also another Criminal Justice (Misc.Provisions) Bill on the list - there's nothing I know of that's planned for that, but it's a vehicle that could be used for Firearms Act tweaks if such were desired. That's also slated for publication later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Fingers crossed eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Fingers crossed eh?

All fingers and toes.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

From what I've been personally told by somone in the know on the offical side high up that it is looking good fo us.....BUT lets belive it when we see it on paper.
    Men of great white father in Dublin have spoken many times with forked tounge to Irish shooting man!:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

i really hope your mate is right grizzly, i'd love to be able to reload. it'd be cheaper and i'd have another hobby:D:rolleyes: although not really cheaper as i'd still spend all my money shooting but at least i'd get to shoot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Any indication of what hoops a prospective reloader will have to jump through to get permission to reload ?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

rowa wrote: »
    Any indication of what hoops a prospective reloader will have to jump through to get permission to reload ?

Probably huge firey barbed ones, blindfolded, naked and upside-down! A bit like most of the other ****e we have to put up with!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Sparks wrote: »
    The new Dail legislative programme announced today says that the Explosives bill is slated for publication in mid-2012; and there's also another Criminal Justice (Misc.Provisions) Bill on the list - there's nothing I know of that's planned for that, but it's a vehicle that could be used for Firearms Act tweaks if such were desired. That's also slated for publication later this year.

Sparks do you think there is anything we as individuals could do to help our case?

Vegeta wrote: »
    Sparks do you think there is anything we as individuals could do to help our case?

For reloading, I think the midlands pilot programme has pretty much secured that for us from everything I've heard over the last few years; for other changes in the law, I think the best approach is the FCP, but the current court cases are tying that up right now; as an individual I think the best thing we could do is to tell the Minister that we want the FCP kept in place so that when the dust settles, we still have an avenue of communication left to talk about those changes.

• Advertisement

Will the requirements for safe storage ,use of propellant and terms of getting a licence and who gets a licence to reload be written into the legislation or will there be another set of "commissioners guidelines" for the gardai to ignore ?

No idea rowa, they don't show me drafts of Bills before the Dail :D

Sparks wrote: »
    No idea rowa, they don't show me drafts of Bills before the Dail :D

And i thought you were well in there !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cxp1

id really love to reload...please please pass the bill already.

Advertisement