Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for better half

Options
  • 08-12-2011 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭

Not putting this in the Android section, because I suspect the replies might be a tad one sided.

My girlfriend of several years has a Samsung clamshell phone of several years, and to be honest its a bit past it. I have a HTC Desire Z, with Android which I just love and would not be without, but she says she prefers her small simple Samsung. I am thinking of getting her a new phone as a stocking filler, and it basically comes down to a new Samsung clamshell, the Cobbler as it is known, or an entry level 'droid such as the Samsung galaxy mini.

There are many benefits to getting her on android.But even more benefits to a happy girlfriend. Which should I consider?

Right now she just uses her phone for calls and texts.

Pros and cons of each are welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Do you listen to your better half. Your answer is in the (original)post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

She won't thank you for a new phone. If she said she is happy with her old one then I would listen to her . Get her something else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

She won't thank you for a new phone. If she said she is happy with her old one then I would listen to her . Get her something else

Right so, back to the drawing board then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Maybe a tablet of some type might be an idea?

Davy wrote: »
    Maybe a tablet of some type might be an idea?

I raised that with her before. I bought her a kindle in January, and she uses that. Not sure if she would get the use out of the tablet. She is a big gamer so when she is not reading about trolls and tauren, she is slaying them on the gaming rig I gave her a few years ago.

Maybe something completely different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Or an iPod touch?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Or an iPod touch?

Ye plenty of options of games, browsing with it and ofcouse music. Might open her eyes to a smart phone in the future also

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Or an iPod touch?

Seems like a good moment for the ipod story. I bought her an iPod shuffle years ago in Boston. She loved the form factor of it, as she could change tracks through her Jeans pocket, but after a few years began to lament then storage space. It was only a 1GB. Then one day while browsing a well known Chinese site, I found a clone of the shuffle which had a microSD slot, which allowed it be upgraded to the max capacity of the microSD which is 32GB i think? And it only cost about 10 dollars, so I bought her that and an 8GB chip, and she has used it ever since.

This is starting to turn into a first world problem kind of thread. What to get the Goldilocks who has everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Get her an 8GB iPod touch model if you're considering it. It should be fine for her needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

syklops wrote: »
    This is starting to turn into a first world problem kind of thread. What to get the Goldilocks who has everything.

I know your pain and times runing out!! :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement