Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

honda ride on problems

Options
  • 08-12-2011 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

hi everyone
    have a honda 2415 ride on, have it a good few years, this summer had a few problems, seems to be loosing power occasionaly and backfiring, had the carb cleaned but it hasnt fixed the issue, found someone on the internet who has the same issue and the same engine, he reckoned it was a valve that was sticking which was causing the problem, could this be correct and if so how would I fix it?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnatjspc

I have a Honda 2417 ride on mower. When I operate the lever to start cutter blades turning there is a screeching noise and lots of vibration before it eventually starts cutting. Is it a blade brake problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

No the blade belt is probably warn out and needs replacing. It may just need adjustment BUT if you have abused it by allowing that screeching theres a good chance you have warn flats spots in the belt anyway necessitating a new one.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Could also be an issue with the belt tensioner. Mine was jammed due to incorrect assembly and showed the same symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mickward

Hi All,

I have a 2417 and lately, it is not leaving a nice clean cut, when I look at other people's lawns using the same model mower they have a lovely flat finish ad not a blade of cut grass left behind, however with mine, it leaves little clumps of grass in the centre, they are cut it just does not seem to blow all the grass up into the bag, it is like if you cut heavy grass in the rain, it leaves clumps behind, mine does this pretty much all the time. any suggestions on what this might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Another issue that might be solved with a new belt? If the old one is slipping it might not be turning the blades fast enough to cut properly or may slow down on thick patches of longer grass.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement