Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another break-in @ C Court

Options
  • 08-12-2011 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Neighbour broken into yesterday afternoon in C Court house, forced downstairs living room window in the middle of the afternoon and hopped straight in - got spooked and went out the downstairs toilet window, up onto the kitchen roof and away....

Secure window locks would have held them out, time to go to woodies

be aware

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Was it alarmed? End terrace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Time to hide the Christmas presents...
    Not from the kids but from the thieving scum..!:mad:

I really hope I catch one of them..

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

dr ro wrote: »
    Was it alarmed? End terrace?

Would like to know too. Presume it was end of terrace as I have not seen any mid terrace with bathroom window.

Any one know of any mid terrace being broken in to? I imagine they are less attractive to rob

• Registered Users Posts: 17 videos

It was a mid-terrace.

Why would a mid-terrace be less attractive to rob??

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

videos wrote: »
    It was a mid-terrace.

Why would a mid-terrace be less attractive to rob??
    Us folk in mid terrace are poorer! Seriously though mid terrace is slightly more difficult to rob given less windows and accessing from the rear would likely involve jumping lots of high fences.
    You mention downstairs toilet window, no such thing in mid terrace. I think you meant upstairs toilet window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

FirstIn wrote: »
    Us folk in mid terrace are poorer! Seriously though mid terrace is slightly more difficult to rob given less windows and accessing from the rear would likely involve jumping lots of high fences.
    You mention downstairs toilet window, no such thing in mid terrace. I think you meant upstairs toilet window.

As above. You can't sneak round the back of a mid terrace. Also the upstairs toilet is in the middle of the house and has no window.

How could this be a mid terrace? If they got out through toilet window?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Jimjay wrote: »
    FirstIn wrote: »

As above. You can't sneak round the back of a mid terrace. Also the upstairs toilet is in the middle of the house and has no window.

How could this be a mid terrace? If they got out through toilet window?
    Very agile thief could stand on upstairs loo seat, push up Perspex light box in the ceiling then scale the inside of the light tube and out the velux. A cat burglar!

However a bit of a challenge in my mid terrace given the converted attic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

videos wrote: »
    It was a mid-terrace.

Perhaps mid-terrace 3 bed? They have bathroom windows to the rear roof.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 videos

3 bed mid terrace have downstairs bathroom with window on ground floor. That is the window I was referring to. Hope this finally clarifies !
    As i was saying....window locks- a tip - I bought some and fitted them (snaplocks, Woodies pack of 4 for €19) When fitting them, you need to put a spacer on the WINDOW piece of the lock, to push the lock mechanism forward so it "snaps" into the receiver which is fitted to the frame. Once fitted, they certainly look and feel very secure. Hope this is useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

(Attempted) break-in in old burnaby last night, took a whole pane out. Nothing taken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

xshayx wrote: »
    (Attempted) break-in in old burnaby last night, took a whole pane out. Nothing taken

reminiscent of the woody allen film!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Techy_1

Hello

I am qualified in Security System installation, If anyone has any questions on what to do or not to do regarding home security then please post here of feel free to PM me. Here are a few simple tips
    1. If you have blinds have them open but facing upwards that way it allows light in but mean no one can see whats in the house. As such a potential theaf will not know if your in or out.
    2. Door integrity: Most doors in the estate of Charlesland and notoriously difficult to operate in that they need to be pushed hard to close the door locks.
    A simple solution to this is the get WD40 and spray it into the locking points of the doors. This can be purchased from Bradys Hardware

Hope this helps

Techy_1

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Techy_1 wrote: »
    Hello

I am qualified in Security System installation

Thanks Techy.

Don't you mean "installer" not "installation" ??:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

2011 wrote: »
    Thanks Techy.

Don't you mean "installer" not "installation" ??:D:D

He did say that he is "qualified in", not that he is "a qualified"
    Read the context before correcting the grammar... ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

JanneG wrote: »
    He did say that he is "qualified in", not that he is "a qualified"
    Read the context before correcting the grammar... ;)
    Ooops! My bad! Those iPhone screens are far to small

Advertisement