Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The last story gets release date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Cool, havent played Xenablade yet. Whats 'The Last Story' about? JRPG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Ya Another Jrpg , uses real time strategy gameplay , looks badass

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It looks like a very action orientated JRPG. You can take cover like in Gears of War and all the inputs are real time. I heard it's more about herding enemies into positions so area of effect attacks are maximised which sounds like loads of fun and adds a new element of stratefy I've not seen in an RPG.

I've heard on Gamepro's RPGRealm that this game really is something special. However the same guy also said that Xenoblade was only decent, a B-list JRPG whereas I think it couldn't be further from the truth and it's probably the best and most creative JRPG since the Persona 3 and 4 games. I'll be picking it up either way.

Agreed !!!!:pac:

Though i have yet to play persona :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Agreed !!!!:pac:

Though i have yet to play persona :pac:

Not played Gunstar Heroes. Not played Persona 3 or 4.

You've a lot of issues to sort out!

• Advertisement

Indeed just like marty mcfly , im a slacker , too many games , so little time :pac::pac:

Havent played the likes of okami yet either lol

Havent played the likes of okami yet either lol

Eh, I played it for 20 hours, not to the second dungeon and got sidetracked. That game is great but way too long!

Seen it on amazon for 8 quid so im planning on getting it after xmas along with xenoblade , persona i might get in the summer when theres a dry spell

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Last Story looks good from the trailer, although I vaguely recall reading references to it being inspired by MMORPGs, which always fills me with dread :(

Last Story looks good from the trailer, although I vaguely recall reading references to it being inspired by MMORPGs, which always fills me with dread :(

I thought the same after the single player RPG that was FFXII and how boring I found the battle system but after Xenoblade did the same type of battle system and did it so well I'm not so put off anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Looks the business. The graphics are great for the Wii. Am still waiting for Xenoblade to drop in price before I get it but this looks to have another level of strategy altogether. Has anybody coined the term Wiinaisance?

Wii's always had good games you just had to be on the ball to find them.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Covered in shovelware , all party games give the console a bad name:pac:

What did I miss in between Sakura Wars and Xenoblade? I'd given up on the Wii after Monster Hunter.

There's a few gems on it that are covered by shovelware as you can say :)

Sin and Punishment 2, No More Heroes 2, Endless Ocean, Fragile Dreams, A Boy and his Blob, Goldeneye, Shiren the Wanderer to name a few. Not sure when Sakura Wars came out.

Fragile Dreams and Shiren the Wanderer look interesting, hadn't heard of them before, cheers. Shame the latter didn't see an EU release (and that the Freeloader got snookered so early in its life - before I got to finish Mobile Suit Gundam: MS Sensen 0079:mad:)

Edit: Sakura Wars came out early last year, roundabout the same time as Monster Hunter

You can always soft mod the Wii, it's how I can play it.

As for Fragile Dreams, it's fantastic, much better than the reviews say. It's got some problems but it's worth playing past them because it's a really well told story and the locations are very atmospheric. It's very emotional though, a real tearjerker so keep the kleenex handy.

You can always soft mod the Wii, it's how I can play it.

As for Fragile Dreams, it's fantastic, much better than the reviews say. It's got some problems but it's worth playing past them because it's a really well told story and the locations are very atmospheric. It's very emotional though, a real tearjerker so keep the kleenex handy.

Pfff ive yet to cry in a videogame , screw xenoblade im getting fragile dreams :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

You can take cover like in Gears of War

*vomits*

Pfff ive yet to cry in a videogame , screw xenoblade im getting fragile dreams :pac:

Stop trying to be a hard man. I take it you didn't pay 60 euros for Duke Nukem Forever?

• Advertisement

Stop trying to be a hard man. I take it you didn't pay 60 euros for Duke Nukem Forever?

Hard man no were close , there was a river in the cinema when i went to see toy story 3 ;), nah skipped it completely , demo although nostalgia too many other games came out that was worth my money

I meant crying with despair after paying money for that PoS :)

I meant crying with despair after paying money for that PoS :)

Lol cant argue with that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looks like the game is coming in a very pretty package. http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/18/the-last-story-limited-editions-package-opened/

last_story_limited_edition_small_thumb.jpg

Love the art design on the big box!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bah! I thought this was The Last Guardian thread :mad:

Still, this looks good too though.

Getting this day one still ... Boxart only hypes my wallet

Advertisement