Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zotac GeForce GTX 560 820MHz 2GB any good???

Options
  • 08-12-2011 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Graphics cards are my downfall, I need some help picking out something good but not to expensive.

Has anyone got anything good to say about the Zotac GeForce GTX 560 820MHz 2GB.

Can it play games such as battle field 3 and modern warfare 3 and new games like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It's way more then just will it run it or not.

1. What is the system you outing it in to? Will processor be fast enough, so it wouldn't bottle neck that gpu.
    2. What resolution you planing to play on? 2gb version is good if you go to very high resolutions. If you don't play on bigger then 1080p, then extra 2gb are useless.
    3. This is non ti version so it will be weaker.
    4. What is your budget.
    5. With more information, we can give you better help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Isn't that a laptop graphics card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 azureustigris

It's way more then just will it run it or not.

1. What is the system you outing it in to? Will processor be fast enough, so it wouldn't bottle neck that gpu.
    2. What resolution you planing to play on? 2gb version is good if you go to very high resolutions. If you don't play on bigger then 1080p, then extra 2gb are useless.
    3. This is non ti version so it will be weaker.
    4. What is your budget.
    5. With more information, we can give you better help.

Intel core I5-2500k 3.3Ghz
    8GB ram
    will be playing on 1080p
    Its not the TI version
    Budget is about 210 for the graphics card, i would rather not go more than that

Alright.... well.... I use a GTX 560 in my laptop and it's a beast but I'm not exactly sure of the specs. If it's the same one I use (on my PC in work atm) then, yeah, it'll play all the modern games on Ultra.

From what I've heard, though, that "new" GTX 550ti is an absolute beast of a graphics card, but I have no idea what the price of it is in Ireland. Might be a good idea investing into that instead.

But, yeah, I use a GTX 560 and it's awesome and definitely have had no complaints so far (Have over 240 FPS in SC2 and played Skyrim on ultra-high definition with 0 problems).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Markd250

There are a number of 560ti cards on dabs for the same (or lower) price, though they are 1gb cards. As SH says, you won't need the extra memory, and the "ti" version is faster.

An AMD 6950 will cost you around €220 from dabs, and is supposedly better optimised for fps games. Just something to think about...

so you will be playing at 1080p, so you dont need 2gb version. its not even ti version, so i would not recomend it.

get this instead ( thats ofc if you dont have fanboism in you blood )

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-gigabyte-hd-6950-oc-pci-e-21-(x16)-5000mhz-gddr5-gpu-870mhz-1408cores-2x-dvi-dp-hdmi

it will be around 210 quid.

if you go for crossfire mobo, it will be handy to get one more card like this as those are not that expencive for what they are.

I was taking a look at this one, all you guys seeming to be saying that the TI versions are better, so what do you think of this one?

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Mini-HDMI-Graphics-02G-P3-1568-KR/dp/B005760836/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1323099503&sr=1-5

Yeah it's good but you'll go over your budget.

Yeah it's good but you'll go over your budget.

I can afford this one, I dont have a set budget, i would just rather not go over a certain ammount, so does everyone think this is good? :)

• Advertisement

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html#

6950 beats 560ti. 560ti is more expencive too.

you wount be bale to get that card of usa amazon. (unless you are based in USA )

If you want to buy an nvidia card, buy the 1gb 560ti, or the 570 if you are blowing your budget!

The 2gb 560ti is not going to be better if you are gaming at 1080p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I don't have the game but have seen quite a few people claiming that that a fully maxed BF3 (full AA etc) can be seen topping 1GB VRAM usage even at 1080p (same for Crysis 2 with the HD texture pack and DX11 patch by all accounts) so 2GB card may be no harm going forward?

marco_polo wrote: »
    I don't have the game but have seen quite a few people claiming that that a fully maxed BF3 (full AA etc) can be seen topping 1GB VRAM usage even at 1080p (same for Crysis 2 with the HD texture pack and DX11 patch by all accounts) so 2GB card may be no harm going forward?

well its always better to have extra, but i would put other stuff in priority over 2gb.

With his budget i better go for 1gb version of better card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

As others have said, 560ti 1GB > 560 2GB.
    Here's a 560ti for €182 delivered from dabs.
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/asus-geforce-gtx-560-ti-822mhz-1gb-gddr5-pci-express-hdmi-7TNV.html

That's a pretty good price and Asus are quite a reliable brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The 550ti is fairly weak in comparison even if it's overclocked. It's a substantial gap. I think the 560 ti is better value and you can overclock it yourself.

Edit: That's actually a rip-off. Look at the prices of the other 550 ti.

Looks decent, but the 1gb 6950 is a bit cheaper, and actually performs better on many benchmarks.

As previously posted, the 2gb of VRAM is only useful at very high resolutions (way above 1080p)

Advertisement