Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 dry days before Christmas?

Options
  • 08-12-2011 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have read a lot of the posts here as i am a part time window cleaner and the weather is very important to me this time of the year.
    I know there is posts which predicts the weather but a lot are complicated to me.
    So nice simple question, I need 6 dry days before christmas to fill my orders. excluding sundays, what are my chances of getting, 6 dry days?

Thanks

PS dry day to me means dry from say 10am to say 4pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I'll see what I can do

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

any bit of the country, in particular ? (up here, not a chance)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

laois (close to tip) and kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

What day is this "April 1st" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

In the short term at least, tomorrow and saturday not looking so bad, maybe the odd random shower but looking very unsettled again next week with the chance of strong winds with rain and showers.

• Advertisement

Storm 10 wrote: »
    What day is this "April 1st" :D

This is the weather forum, and we are talking about my livelyhood, so I dont know why the sarcasam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

why cant you wash windows if its not dry ?
    as soon as it rains the windows will get wet anyway .
    or am i missing something here?

(i have just washed my windows )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

I’m afraid no one can tell you exactly what you are looking for, We are in a very unstable air mass at the moment its really changing fast, your best bet is to keep an eye on the daily weather update from MT on here, It won’t go out as far as xmas I’m afraid, but it will give you a rough idea.

I’m afraid no one can tell you exactly what you are looking for, We are in a very unstable air mass at the moment its really changing fast, your best bet is to keep an eye on the daily weather update from MT on here, It won’t go out as far as xmas I’m afraid, but it will give you a rough idea.

Thanks Musicman, I will check ( and have being) the updates from MT. If you get a clearer picture in a few days it would be great if you posted here. I will keep checkig for up dates.

John mac, you can wash widows in the rain, but you can not dry them, and if you cant dry them, correctly, you are left with streaks. Also the older clients, hate widows being washed in the rain, or it raining soon after cleaning them. (dont ask me why, but they just do hate it)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

B1gft wrote: »
    This is the weather forum, and we are talking about my livelyhood, so I dont know why the sarcasam.

I feel your pain as I need more than a few dry days. These snow & rain lovers have no idea what it is like to be out in it :D

Take a look here & enter your nearest town name. You can then select an hour by hour view or further ahead.

http://www.yr.no/

Oh & if you haven't already done so, put this into your mobile. It won't predict ahead but it will tell you when the rain is likely to start & stop & whether it's a shower or a bigger lump of rain.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

or http://mobile.met.ie/mobile/rainradar.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

dont forget http://www.raintoday.co.uk

at least you can see the showers coming ( you have to pay for forecasts)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

B1gft wrote: »

Hi B1gft I was not takng the p..s I thought you were, if anyone can forecast six fine days in a row in winter they would be very rich, looking at RTE tonight it looks not too bad for Sat and Sun but it looks very bad for next week.

Advertisement